The Official Bengals vs Panthers Game Thread...

27 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

So no one is blaming Dalton for throwing those lame ducks and turning the ball over 3 times that mattered

4 INT's, none of which were on him.......Ross completely gave up on two, one was a hail mary and one was simply a great play by the Panthers D.

there's nothing in this loss that you can hang on Dalton.....his teammates simply need to step the fuck up. 

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

A couple of things in retrospect...

I can't believe they let Randy try the long field goal.  I thought they were going to punt and pin them back rather than risk ... what happened.

I thought that was the turning point (one of them, anyway) right there.  Stupid call, imho.

Lots of posts on here about the holding.

Lapham was going nuts on the radio about the number of O-linemen downfield before the ball was released

and never called.  The one Panther td pass should have been negated because the guard was almost as deep as the receiver.

8-8

Next year draft linebacker in round one and quarterback in round two.

LB and QB? What about RT?

The Defense is the culprit here.

Our vaunted D-Line couldn't get it done against a squad missing three starters. Billings was terrible today in gap control. They gashed us on a few big runs going right at Billings. Loss of edge control meant Newton had a field day as well. That caused Austin to start calling more zone, and they started finding holes. If you want the short answer on why this team values MJ93... Put on the game tape. Really poor discipline by Lawson and Willis.

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

A couple of things in retrospect...

I can't believe they let Randy try the long field goal.  I thought they were going to punt and pin them back rather than risk ... what happened.

I thought that was the turning point (one of them, anyway) right there.  Stupid call, imho.

Lots of posts on here about the holding.

Lapham was going nuts on the radio about the number of O-linemen downfield before the ball was released

and never called.  The one Panther td pass should have been negated because the guard was almost as deep as the receiver.

8-8

Next year draft linebacker in round one and quarterback in round two.

Yeah, right now looking at the remaining schedule, very easily could be a 8-8 or most likely 7-9 team.  Obviously that changes significantly if they win in Atlanta.  

13 hours ago, saphead said:

Not sure where this goes but some punk bitch fuckhead from pitpuke just speared Fitzpatrick in the head Shazier style. 

And he wasn't ejected though it was no different than the Williams hit on Luck. Two sets of rules.

I know this was touched on briefly elsewhere - but - does anyone else think Cam Newton is one of the biggest douchebags in the NFL?

He clearly calls his own number inside the 10 so he can have a chance to score and pose for all his adoring fans. Couple that with his whiney puss attitude after the superbowl loss and you have a special case of douche.

I've been chewing on this one since Sunday.....had to regurgitate!

4 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I know this was touched on briefly elsewhere - but - does anyone else think Cam Newton is one of the biggest douchebags in the NFL?

He clearly calls his own number inside the 10 so he can have a chance to score and pose for all his adoring fans. Couple that with his whiney puss attitude after the superbowl loss and you have a special case of douche.

I've been chewing on this one since Sunday.....had to regurgitate!

Yeah I thought he came off like a dbag but the fans & media eat that shit up so...

Archived