Marching Through Atlanta

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Other than Mixon and Price out for the game, the injury report today is clear. Everyone else apparently a full go. Good news. 

Yep.

Brown should make a lot of difference in the middle.

Nickerson may be the one to go when Burfict comes back.

Yeah, see how the injuries look at the end of the game, of course.

I would like to see Malick Jefferson.

Maybe limited, but to see how he looks with the big boys.

Cap'n Vinney leaves a lot to be desired.

You do seem more hyped up than usual, Harry. You have gone through the litany of the what-to-do's. How's come this match in particular? Just curious.

From the formerly interested in the NFL perch, my historic lens does not indicate a make-or-break situation with this one. That would be the following two. 

On 9/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, High School Harry said:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=4

On the link above it says Louisville was just changed to Bengals and Atlanta.

Hope that helps some folks on here.

Late game is Cleveland and Oakland

Sunday night is Baltimore and Pittsburgh. (hope for a tie)

I'm not leaving my TV chair all day except to answer the door for the pizza delivery guy.

just leave door open and let delivery guy come to you.

14 hours ago, dimster said:

just leave door open and let delivery guy come to you.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

For a large enough tip they might even partially pre-chew your food and deposit it into your mouth like a baby bird. 

:)  <--- this was a smiley face ... not sure what happened. 😊

:icon15:

18 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You do seem more hyped up than usual, Harry. You have gone through the litany of the what-to-do's. How's come this match in particular? Just curious.

From the formerly interested in the NFL perch, my historic lens does not indicate a make-or-break situation with this one. That would be the following two. 

For one thing, I am trying to get more posts and input from the Bengals faithful including some old timers (Sois? Rick?) and infrequent flyers as well as new blood.  The more the merrier.

As for the game and the Bengals... yeah, I am fired up.  We are under dogs and an away game.  Our loss is pretty much being taken for granted.  I think the game is winnable IF we do not beat ourselves.  Specifically reverting to form and looking more like a herd of cattle chewing their cuds in a cow pasture rather than the team I think we are.  Some of the injured guys returning will be a big help, Preston Brown comes to mind.  I think this is a great game to make a statement other than "Same ol' Bengals".

I also think the Stealers are on the decline and have internal problems with their prima donnas.  Cleveland is on the rise, somewhat, and could bite a few teams in the patoot, like Oakland and maybe us if we go in overconfident.  Baltimore is Baltimore... meh.

Not a must win, but it would be nice to come home on the upswing.

btw... just saw where Dre is the second most targeted cornerback in the NFL.  I guess the word is out if he doesn't give up a catch, he'll draw a penalty and he can't catch his own nut sack in his jockstrap.

I'm with you Harry.

I'm anxious to see how Teryl Austin rebounds from a crappy game plan last week.

No pass rush, zone coverage that left the fleet of foot *ninja* Funchess wide open all day, and no run defense when we knew it was coming.

We have enough talent on defense to have had a much better game than we did. Austin took the blame and I think that's correct.

Matty Ice is over hyped but still a much better passer than Cam the poser.

Bring some D and we can score on these guys.

Not a must win but certainly could be a statement game as well as a confidence booster.

Unfortunately I am getting a bad vibe, I feel like if we don't get to Matty Ice we could be in for a long day. Their defense is nothing special but I don't think we can afford to get into another shootout like we did with Carolina. I hope they prove me wrong though, 3-1 looks soooo much better than 2-2. Also hoping the Raiders get their first win against the Brows and Pitt/Bal tie lol

15 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I'm with you Harry.

I'm anxious to see how Teryl Austin rebounds from a crappy game plan last week.

No pass rush, zone coverage that left the fleet of foot *ninja* Funchess wide open all day, and no run defense when we knew it was coming.

We have enough talent on defense to have had a much better game than we did. Austin took the blame and I think that's correct.

Matty Ice is over hyped but still a much better passer than Cam the poser.

Bring some D and we can score on these guys.

Not a must win but certainly could be a statement game as well as a confidence booster.

To be fair to Newton and the Panthers, that read option they run with McCaffrey and Cam's legs is awfully hard to defend, and we won't see that offense run by a QB that's as run capable as Newton is again...except maybe in the playoffs.

Archived