16 hours ago, Hooky said:

I tried to copy and paste from the play by play, but couldn't. If anybody gives a rat's ass, go to a play by play, 7:55, 4th qtr. 7 yard run, Redmond hold.

Did anyone else see this play? Any opinions?

We need to discover if that was a fluke or a serious flash of potential greatness. 

My one big take away from the Panthers game was that this Bengals team just isn't the same without Joe. On a scale of one to ten I'd rank Mixons importance for this offense to be successful a 9.  Love Gio but something is missing with him.

That one run from Walton along with Gio not really looking like the cow bell or nearly as good as Joe. That's all I needed to see to start Walton as the heavy hitter against the Falcons. 

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Love Gio but something is missing with him

Same & what he's missing is power.  Not saying he's weak by any means, seems a capable blocker & such but he's not going to be pushing many piles or breaking a lot of tackles.  With this subpar OL we need Mixon's ability to run through people & still have that versatility.  He gets the tough yards, 3-5 at a time when there's not much there & that consistency fires up the offense.  The stat line might show Gio with the same or even better YPC  but its more like 4 carries for 1-2 yards and then he gets loose for 20.  Mixon seems to generate positive yards more consistently. 

12 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Did anyone else see this play? Any opinions?

We need to discover if that was a fluke or a serious flash of potential greatness. 

My one big take away from the Panthers game was that this Bengals team just isn't the same without Joe. On a scale of one to ten I'd rank Mixons importance for this offense to be successful a 9.  Love Gio but something is missing with him.

That one run from Walton along with Gio not really looking like the cow bell or nearly as good as Joe. That's all I needed to see to start Walton as the heavy hitter against the Falcons. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Walton has had a tough go, every time he has a good play it seems like there's a penalty. 

I see a big game in his future, he has the talent.

Hopefully tomorrow against the Falcons. I picked him up and am starting him. My top 3 backs are out this week. 

15 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Walton has had a tough go, every time he has a good play it seems like there's a penalty. 

I see a big game in his future, he has the talent.

13 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Hopefully tomorrow today against the Falcons. I picked him up and am starting him. My top 3 backs are out this week. 

:icon15:

Archived