The Official Bengals vs Falcons Game Day Thread...

I just wanted to say that THAT was a HUGE win. HUGE!

I mean, there's huge wins, and then there's HUGE wins. Today was HUGE.

Like, season defining huge, making a fucking statement huge. We just put the NFL on notice. 

Don't fuck with us, bitches! And now we get Mixon back coming home to play the Fins? Shit! Here comes 4-1.

5 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Like, season defining huge, making a fucking statement huge. We just put the NFL on notice. 

Don't fuck with us, bitches! And now we get Mixon back coming home to play the Fins? Shit! Here comes 4-1.

Bungholes-JM.jpg

15 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Yeah and don't forget Burfict storm's back too.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I hope he does something for the other 10 guys because Austin has turned one of the better defenses in the NFL into one of the worst.

Yeah, losing my faith in Austin a little. I know he likes to run defenses that don't worry about yards so much  as creating turnovers. ... which is fine..but where the hell the turnovers?

35 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah and don't forget Burfict storm's back too.

Shit, I forgot all about that! I think some people underestimate how much better our defense plays as a unit when he's in there. As penalty prone as he may be, he plays with a fire that nobody else on that defense does (maybe Dre, but he's not as good at his job as Burfict is at his).  Him coming back is about double the lift to the defense that the offense is getting with Mixon coming back.

2 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, losing my faith in Austin a little. I know he likes to run defenses that don't worry about yards so much  as creating turnovers. ... which is fine..but where the hell the turnovers?

Dre drops them, and Mcrae dropped one today. Great break on the ball by him though, even if he did almost fuck us with his consecutive offsides calls.

43 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I hope he does something for the other 10 guys because Austin has turned one of the better defenses in the NFL into one of the worst.

hard to play defense when the nfl,is watered down like it is.The P.c culture has killed the nfl and the way football use to be played.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

yes it was a huge win, but have I just one thing to say. fuck the Nfl officiating crew for almost coasting us the game and fuck what the nfl has become.

14 minutes ago, bigboi said:

hard to play defense when the nfl,is watered down like it is.The P.c culture has killed the nfl and the way football use to be played.

Did you really just blame "PC culture" for NFL officiating?  :grin-min:  

This is all about avoiding a lawsuit over CTE's.  You aren't being attacked.

58 minutes ago, schotzee said:

All our DB's until Bates were drafted as cover guys.  I've always been of the opinion that if they could catch they would be playing on the other side of the ball. 

Seems like a square peg, round hole situation to me.  Austin needs to game plan around the players he has, not what he wishes they were.

Just now, Jason said:

My ability to enjoy football is.

Dude, same.  Anyone that's been here more than a week should know my opinion of Goodell's NFL.  

Point being that the officiating is all about protecting their bottom line.  There's nothing political about it.

Just now, T-Dub said:

Did you really just blame "PC culture" for NFL officiating?  :grin-min:  

This is all about avoiding a lawsuit over CTE's.  You aren't being attacked.

the nfl is soft, if you want to avoid lawsuits put flags on them and stop tackling all toghter. 

Soft?  Maybe.  But they just let Derek Carr get outright *speared* in the ribs (something that was made illegal decades ago) - not even a sniff of a call.

They're just trying out the latest toy to tilt games, that's all.  Without consistency they're likely to get *more* injuries, not less.  It's all just window dressing.

3 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Soft?  Maybe.  But they just let Derek Carr get outright *speared* in the ribs (something that was made illegal decades ago) - not even a sniff of a call.

They're just trying out the latest toy to tilt games, that's all.  Without consistency they're likely to get *more* injuries, not less.  It's all just window dressing.

Definitely 2 sets of rules.  It's something we've dealt against our division rival for years so it's probably a good thing the rest of the NFL are getting shafted by it, maybe there'll be enough outcry for it to change.

Folks, defense is lacking throughout the league. Not just here. Look at some games this year. You've seen stud performances from the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mitch Trubisky and Ryan Tannehill just to name a few. Today the Browns scored more pts than they have in a decade in a losing effort and Mayfield did not have a good day. I think we need a thread on rules changes that should be made in order to throw a bone to the defense.

One more thing on this game: With the INT and the blocked punt, we really lost the turnover battle 2-0. That's huge to get a win on the road when you do that. All in all we stole a game here that we weren't supposed to win

Stealers called for crack-back/blind-side block tonight - again.  Clearly it's part of the game plan, just testing the league on how much they'll call it I guess.

They're also themselves turning into a soccer team - taking dives, whining to the refs... funny stuff.

10 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Stealers called for crack-back/blind-side block tonight - again.  Clearly it's part of the game plan, just testing the league on how much they'll call it I guess.

They're also themselves turning into a soccer team - taking dives, whining to the refs... funny stuff.

They flopped their way into the playoffs against us & made our best defender into a target for Goodell's bullshit.  They're the NFL's spoiled children, we can't expect them to discipline themselves.

And one final note that probably belongs in this thread...

I really liked Bruce Arians on color commentary. That was pretty awesome. He didn't talk down to the microphone, he brought a deeper understanding of what was going on, I thought he did very well, and he is welcome to call more Bengals games in the future. That dude's OK in my book.

You guys are my dark horse. This win today was absolutely crucial. Why? Because that is the ultimate sign of an excellent team in the National Football League. Going on the road and beating a desperate team from a different conference who has next world talent on both sides of the ball. 3-1 with the Bengals schedule is fantastic. Marvin has to keep his guys centered. Andy is having a MVP season so far. Best thing is National Media still doesn't talk about the Bengals. Hope that continues.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Definitely 2 sets of rules.  It's something we've dealt against our division rival for years so it's probably a good thing the rest of the NFL are getting shafted by it, maybe there'll be enough outcry for it to change.

4 consecutive NFL-free weeks and counting. Was traveling all day, but was shanghaied in one of those airport eateries that had a TV going. Just long enough to get a heaping helping of #teamslikethepatriots (featuring Play-Until-50-Because-I-Cannot-Be-Touched #12) get call after call against sometimes-NFL-favored Miami. And a one, and a two, and...

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And one final note that probably belongs in this thread...

I really liked Bruce Arians on color commentary. That was pretty awesome. He didn't talk down to the microphone, he brought a deeper understanding of what was going on, I thought he did very well, and he is welcome to call more Bengals games in the future. That dude's OK in my book.

I absolutely agree.

all this talk about the officiating.  The Bengals have gotten many calls this year.  Many.  Do i think the way the nfl has become is getting ridiculous, yep.  Dont think its an issue of being "picked on."  Just havent seen it.  

I mean someone on here said that when Atlanta got that call against them late in the game it was because they wanted Matt Ryan to be back up to have "more room."  Just wow.  Not trying to argue here, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but im just not seeing it.  

4 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

all this talk about the officiating.  The Bengals have gotten many calls this year.  Many.  Do i think the way the nfl has become is getting ridiculous, yep.  Dont think its an issue of being "picked on."  Just havent seen it.  

I mean someone on here said that when Atlanta got that call against them late in the game it was because they wanted Matt Ryan to be back up to have "more room."  Just wow.  Not trying to argue here, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but im just not seeing it.  

I tend to agree with you thus far. However ,I will hold off on my final judgement until I see how the calls are against both sides when we play the stealers.

Archived