The Official Good Bad and Ugly for Bengals at Atlanta

Good.... I’m in love with Bill Lazor. The offensive game plan was masterful.

Tyler. Boyd.

We might have to stop talking shit about the O-line.

John Ross showed up.

Andy Dalton has limitations, but he is absolutely fearless.

Bad... Tackling by both teams today was ridiculous.

The officiating in the second was almost unbearable. Sooooo inconsistent.

Ugly... I think that’s it for Tyler Eifert. That was awful. I left the room before the three geniuses in the booth had even figured out what happened.

GREAT... Vontaze Motherf••king Burfict is back next week. The league ain’t ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Can I say that once again, we can say that there has been some halftime adjustments by the Bengals??  I mean, the first half was a shootout, plain and simple, not even a shred of defense.  Halftime shows up, and now defense shows up,  ATL still got another touchdown, but CIN make the plays when it counted, and #18 makes the game-winning catch to put CIN up for good.

It's worringsome that how it seems our offense have been found out, but we also see that when ATL threatened, even with the block punt and the INT,  the CIN defense made sure that the damage was minimal...so for me it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Good:

yea.. Dalton should be in everyones Good.. the int hit the dude in the hands and the wr was held.. Andy was money today

Boyd is becoming what Ross was supposed to be

Ross is becoming what Boyd was supposed to be..which is ok

Gio.. playing great football

AJ

D-line had their moments...but the d sucked over all today

Bad:

dre..you know... .like every week

defense in general... jebus 

Ugly:

refs... man I try not to blame the refs...but this game was unreal.. I swear the Bengals should have won by 10

Eifert injury.. I feel so bad for that dude.. you could see the momentum of his play in each game.. he was getting more and more comfortable and bam...

he's gone again... It just sucks 

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Good:

yea.. Dalton should be in everyones Good.. the int hit the dude in the hands and the wr was held.. Andy was money today

Boyd is becoming what Ross was supposed to be

Ross is becoming what Boyd was supposed to be..which is ok

Gio.. playing great football

AJ

D-line had their moments...but the d sucked over all today

Bad:

dre..you know... .like every week

defense in general... jebus 

Ugly:

refs... man I try not to blame the refs...but this game was unreal.. I swear the Bengals should have won by 10

Eifert injury.. I feel so bad for that dude.. you could see the momentum of his play in each game.. he was getting more and more comfortable and bam...

he's gone again... It just sucks 

Yeah, no way the INT happens if the blatantly obvious D-holding is called (coulda been a PI too).

The Good

Andy

AJ

Byod

Oline 

John Ross 

The bad

3rd down D

Run D is really bad. Hopefully getting Taz back next week and hopefully some growth from Billings helps with this because its killing us

The Ugly 

The guy who's responsibility to block who let the guy walk right in on the punt block

That Eiffert injury 

48 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah that was something of a bounce-back game for Ross, I hope he keeps moving forward from here.   If he can stay focused he may still turn out all right.

Surprised he made it back.  Thought for sure he pulled his groin on the TD.  Looked a little gimpy after a later reception on the sidelines.  Toughness?

The LB play has been bad and the secondary looks confused very often and unfortunately, during the worst time.

The only reason why the Bengals won was because they had the ball last. If the defense doesn't get it's shit together in muthafuckin hurry this season will not have the results that it should, which is a playoff victory at the very least.

Hopefully Burfict will help the defense get lined up correctly and making some plays instead of giving up plays.

Good:

Gio, Boyd, Andy, AJ

Geno

Clock management in the 4th quarter

Coaching (as the commentators mentioned having a running play for Erickson knowing you only dressed 2 RBs)

Bad:

Officiating

Cordy Glenn, Bob Hart

Ugly:

Every single linebacker

Dre K.

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The only reason why the Bengals won was because they had the ball last.

Probably true, but  i think credit is due to the offense and Lazor. Didn't go into panic mode and try to score too quick.Took their time and sprinkled in some runs to grind down the clock. Arians made a comment initialy about a lack of urgency, but most any fan should have seen that their goal was to score and leave zero to little time left. 4:26 left iirc and they used all but 7 seconds. Quite beautiful and perfectly executed.:icon15:

15 minutes ago, saphead said:

How many of you thought John Ross was doing some sort of goofy end zone celebration when he started hopping across the goal line? I did. 

I only saw the highlights, but I thought he was grabbing his crotch - I thought "WTF are you doing, you idiot???". Then realized it was prob a pulled groin :biggrin:

37 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Probably true, but  i think credit is due to the offense and Lazor. Didn't go into panic mode and try to score too quick.Took their time and sprinkled in some runs to grind down the clock. Arians made a comment initialy about a lack of urgency, but most any fan should have seen that their goal was to score and leave zero to little time left. 4:26 left iirc and they used all but 7 seconds. Quite beautiful and perfectly executed.:icon15:

And give the defense credit for holding them the final 7 seconds. Not a bad stand considering the rest of the game.

16 minutes ago, Cat said:

I only saw the highlights, but I thought he was grabbing his crotch - I thought "WTF are you doing, you idiot???". Then realized it was prob a pulled groin :biggrin:

I kinda figured he slightly pulled something when Ross scored, but I had to admit, I was think the same thing you were thinking--and I thought that the refs were gonna flag him for unsportmanlike conduct...

Archived