He sprinted to the end zone yesterday to celebrate and went full with full cutting in a workout pre-game. I am guessing he actually could have played yesterday but they held him out to be cautious. I see no reason why he won't be ready for Miami. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

NO reason to put Mixon out there until he is fully healed.  Don't wont a Leonard Fournette situation where they rushed him back too soon and simple pulled the same hammy again. 

In regards to Mixon, he was on the sidelines in a t shirt and shorts for the Falcons game.   He ran from mid field to be one of the first players to congratulate the TD score.   Whether the Bengals are rushing him or not, I don't know but why would they let him travel with the team and not keep him restrained somewhat from excess movement  ?  To me it means he is healthy, his doctors say he's healthy, his team says he's healthy, and he certainly acts like he is healthy.   Does this mean he is 100%  ?  Probably not but I don't believe he was 100% before this latest injury either and he did fine.  IMHO 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

He sprinted to the end zone yesterday to celebrate and went full with full cutting in a workout pre-game. I am guessing he actually could have played yesterday but they held him out to be cautious. I see no reason why he won't be ready for Miami. 

That video on Go Bengals certainly highlighted Mixons come back as far as I'm concerned. 

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

In regards to Mixon, he was on the sidelines in a t shirt and shorts for the Falcons game.   He ran from mid field to be one of the first players to congratulate the TD score.   Whether the Bengals are rushing him or not, I don't know but why would they let him travel with the team and not keep him restrained somewhat from excess movement  ?  To me it means he is healthy, his doctors say he's healthy, his team says he's healthy, and he certainly acts like he is healthy.   Does this mean he is 100%  ?  Probably not but I don't believe he was 100% before this latest injury either and he did fine.  IMHO 

I realize 100% in the NFL is a rare creature but any type of surgery to the knee should be allowed to heal the proper time which the team seams to be doing.  

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I realize 100% in the NFL is a rare creature but any type of surgery to the knee should be allowed to heal the proper time which the team seams to be doing.  

Rushing Peter Warrick back from a scope pretty much ended his career.  Take it slow.

Just now, Numbers said:

Big difference in care now and care then.   Dr Tarzan and possibly a couple others might be able to give a more educated answer. 

Bodies do not heal any faster.  You don't see nearly as many scopes as in the past.  Players are in better condition and rehab is better, but.....

Take it slow.  Mixon is too important to risk. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Bodies do not heal any faster.  You don't see nearly as many scopes as in the past.  Players are in better condition and rehab is better, but.....

Take it slow.  Mixon is too important to risk. 

Yes I see what you are saying.   Bodies don't heal any faster but if there is less damage going in for the surgery then a body would heal faster because it has less to heal.   Yes, Mixon is pretty important.   Hopefully this is a decision they will all be able to live with. 

I'm more concerned for Price than Mixon, based on what I've seen & heard from the team.  Mixon sounded like he wanted to play last week & we saw him sprint down the sideline to tackle AJ after the TD.  No real clue what's going on with BillBilly.  Any sightings? He could be in Belize getting black market arm grafts for all I know.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I don't disagree, but I think you asked why someone would come back....

Yeah I know. We'll see what happens. I just hope he does what's best for him in the long run. I wouldn't blame him if he's had enough

Archived