What will they do post-Eifert? Sponsored by Bunghole Suburu.

I'm no OL genius, but the opposing pass rush has been relatively controlled, especially in the first half on Sunday, then Eifert went out. Coincidence? Uzomah and Kroft are obviously no Eifert on routes, but they can pick up a lot of the slack. The bigger problem seems to be the edge that went to shit when he went down. And sucked all last year, also with no Eifert.  So what do they do? Besides replacing Hart. Looking for a suggestion that's not futile. Well, they all are since we can't control anything, so a realistic suggestion is what I'm looking for.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I think you'll agree that the o-line's performance or lack of talent doesn't begin or end with Eifert.

I won't agree. The difference in pass blocking was night and day before and after Eifert got hurt. I think you'll agree that you aren't an OL talent expert. Who is bad beside Hart, who I already mentioned will not get traded or benched? And with Eifert out, who's going to help? 

Eifert has been out so much that the adjustment to his loss will be minimal, IMO.  Anything he was able to give us is a bonus and we have capable players behind him.  I don't think the oline will impacted by losing Eifert either.  They are a work in progress and we can expect it to be up and down all year.  For as much as fans continue to shit on them, the oline hasn't totally handicapped the team or prevented the offense from completely turning it around from last year's debacle.  

52 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Eifert has been out so much that the adjustment to his loss will be minimal, IMO.  Anything he was able to give us is a bonus and we have capable players behind him.  I don't think the oline will impacted by losing Eifert either.  They are a work in progress and we can expect it to be up and down all year.  For as much as fans continue to shit on them, the oline hasn't totally handicapped the team or prevented the offense from completely turning it around from last year's debacle.  

For sure. I mean, the first four games have yielded either the best start or almost the best start offensively for the club in most every major offensive statistical category that matters. Hard to do that if the line is complete dogshit...

11 minutes ago, membengal said:

For sure. I mean, the first four games have yielded either the best start or almost the best start offensively for the club in most every major offensive statistical category that matters. Hard to do that if the line is complete dogshit...

I'd still say we're winning despite the OL rather than because of them, but we all knew they were going to be a liability.  More worried about the defense falling off a cliff.  We're not going to be able to hang 40 points on everyone.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I'd still say we're winning despite the OL rather than because of them, but we all knew they were going to be a liability.  More worried about the defense falling off a cliff.  We're not going to be able to hang 40 points on everyone.

Agreed about the defense being a bigger concern than OL at this point.  I doubt anyone could have predicted that before the season.  

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Agreed about the defense being a bigger concern than OL at this point.  I doubt anyone could have predicted that before the season.  

The Lions weren't known for having a dominating defense so I was kind of "meh" about Austin, but I didn't expect them to regress so badly.  All this zone coverage & hoping for a turnover is not at all what we're built for...  You don't need to pray for turnovers if you get a stop once in a while.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

The Lions weren't known for having a dominating defense so I was kind of "meh" about Austin, but I didn't expect them to regress so badly.  All this zone coverage & hoping for a turnover is not at all what we're built for...  You don't need to pray for turnovers if you get a stop once in a while.

Austin deserves some of the blame.  I would add the injuries/suspensions at LB to the list.  It's also true that the defense was bad on 3rd down last year before Austin arrived.  And we've been bad at allowing points at the ends of halves for a couple years.  At this point I can only hope Burfict's return can make a difference.  It can't get much worse than it's been so far.

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

I won't agree. The difference in pass blocking was night and day before and after Eifert got hurt. I think you'll agree that you aren't an OL talent expert. Who is bad beside Hart, who I already mentioned will not get traded or benched? And with Eifert out, who's going to help? 

I agree I am no expert of pretty much anything, except selling cars. But as others have noted, Eifert was mostly a TE in name only as he lines up as a WR much of the time he's in there, and frankly, he hadn't been playing a ton anyway.

Anyone in need of a Subaru?

On 10/2/2018 at 8:56 PM, Bunghole said:

I agree I am no expert of pretty much anything, except selling cars. But as others have noted, Eifert was mostly a TE in name only as he lines up as a WR much of the time he's in there, and frankly, he hadn't been playing a ton anyway.

Anyone in need of a Subaru?

My Mom is looking for one. Got a Forrester with low miles and a great deal?

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

My Mom is looking for one. Got a Forrester with low miles and a great deal?

Actually, I do. Since the 2019 "all new" Forester just came out (and started hitting the ground yesterday), our service department apparently has purged its service loaner inventory of 2018 Foresters, so I have quite a few 2018's with anywhere from 5,000 to 12,000-ish miles on them, in premium (one step up from base trim) and Limited (leather, second from top trim level) trims. I also have a pair of 2015's, one with like 22k miles on it and the other with like 46k miles on it. Obviously the 15's are less than the 18's due to age and miles but I generally recommend to folks to get as new a used vehicle with as few miles on it as possible, because it's like getting a new car, and also because you're capturing the most resale value with some of the depreciation having also come off.

If you prefer, we can continue this via PM if you need to communicate that way.

2 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Subaru=

Lowest cost of ownership of any brand

Safest cars on the road as a brand

Highest resale value of any brand

Highest loyalty rating of any brand

AWD systems make them virtually unstoppable in bad weather or offroad

Lowest cost of ownership?

Is that for real?

37 minutes ago, schotzee said:

:offtopic: I realize there isn't a lot of chat right now dudes but this isn't even about football.

I think they’re talking about what vehicle they should drive to this Sunday’s Bengals game...   :wink:

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Lowest cost of ownership?

Is that for real?

Yes, in terms of purchase price factored in with maintenance costs, it's for real. At least Subaru has awards over the last few years for that category.

1 hour ago, HOF dan said:

Subaru - have one - love it!

Awesome. They truly are great cars. A bit boring looking outside the BRZ/WRX/STi cars, but built like tanks.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

:offtopic: I realize there isn't a lot of chat right now dudes but this isn't even about football.

I apologize. 

55 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I think they’re talking about what vehicle they should drive to this Sunday’s Bengals game...   :wink:

Image result

46 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I hope so. Otherwise Hookys gonna be pissed off.

We don't want that!

Archived