Mixon is practicing

The other notes from the early part of practice include:

The injury/return from suspension news:

1. Burfict back, dressed out, and looking fit and moving well to start practice per the assembled observers who report and tweet.

2. Ross dressed and practicing in the early part of the session that the scribes could see.

3. Gio not dressed and hanging near rehab field. He wasn't able to finish Sunday's game, unknown what is hurting him, scribes say waiting to see what injury report lists.

4. Price is reportedly pain-free with no swelling, but they are going to keep him in a boot for two more weeks as they opt for caution. 

14 minutes ago, membengal said:

The other notes from the early part of practice include:

The injury/return from suspension news:

1. Burfict back, dressed out, and looking fit and moving well to start practice per the assembled observers who report and tweet.

2. Ross dressed and practicing in the early part of the session that the scribes could see.

3. Gio not dressed and hanging near rehab field. He wasn't able to finish Sunday's game, unknown what is hurting him, scribes say waiting to see what injury report lists.

4. Price is reportedly pain-free with no swelling, but they are going to keep him in a boot for two more weeks as they opt for caution. 

And not play against Pittsburgh?  Disappointing.

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

Idk what the issue with Gio is now, but I recall reading he has been dealing with a thigh issue.

I know what the issue with Gio is. He's 5'9" and 200lbs and being asked to be a bell cow. That's not Gio's strength. and it seems like he gets banged up everytime he gets used that way or to excess. To me limiting his touches has never been so much about a lack of ability, but what kind of situation is the offense in, and does Gio's strengths fit that down and distance? If the answer is "let's keep pounding it between the tackles", then throw Walton out there to do that. Gio's versatility and shiftiness in the open field are his strengths.

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Correct. He's out for the next two weeks. Hopkins has been pretty solid, though, in backing him up. 

I agree Hopkins has been solid, but I am also disappointed. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, but when he was hurt I (or we) assumed that it was less severe than it turned out to be...or something.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-mixon-practicing-giovani-bernard-160154981.html

Joe Mixon practicing, Giovani Bernard not for Bengals

55b04c9a4b45eb3b315a432e029a4a73

Bengals running back Joe Mixon is getting healthy again, but his backfield mate Giovani Bernard is not.

Mixon is practicing today in Cincinnati, a good sign that he’ll be ready to return from knee surgery on Sunday against the Dolphins.

But Bernard is not in uniform and is working with the rehab group today, the second day in a row he hasn’t practiced.

So while there’s no word yet about the status for either Mixon or Bernard, it would seem likely that Mixon can go and Bernard cannot.

Both Mixon and Bernard have played well this year, they just haven’t played much at the same time. Mixon started in Weeks 1-2 and carried 38 times for 179 yards and a touchdown before injuring his knee. Bernard got just one carry behind a healthy Mixon in Week One, but since Mixon’s Week Two injury Bernard has played well. He has 34 carries for 155 yards and three touchdowns this season.

Archived