Price to G?

2 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

I read “few weeks”, had there been news on that front?

Update today from Price himself saying he's in a boot for 2 more weeks.  Won't be back for Pittsburgh and could be longer.  He said it's a partial ligament tear and if it pops he's looking at surgery with a 4 month recovery.  Obviously not good news when the early reports had him back as soon as this week.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Update today from Price himself saying he's in a boot for 2 more weeks.  Won't be back for Pittsburgh and could be longer.  He said it's a partial ligament tear and if it pops he's looking at surgery with a 4 month recovery.  Obviously not good news when the early reports had him back as soon as this week.

Damn, didn't know about the partial tear, that would explain the duration of the recovery versus the earlier indications, which I was hopelessly believing. A partial tear, huh? Do those have a history of healing themselves without surgery? I guess they would have to or Price would have had surgery already by now. But it sounds like more of a "we're hoping it heals without surgery" situation than "Oh, he'll be ready to suit up in a couple weeks". Fuck, he could be out for the year if it doesn't heal properly and end up undergoing surgery anyway. 

FWIW, Price told Paul Dehner there was no setback and that they were being "extra precautious" to hopefully avoid season-ending surgery.  I also read that his foot is healing and that he wasn't experiencing abnormal pain or swelling in it.  If you're looking for positives, I think we can still expect to see Price again this year.  How long he can last is a different question. 

As I understand it ankle sprains are ligament damage.  They can grow back, but they grow back weaker than before.  I have a full tear in one of my ankle ligaments.  According to the ortho it's fairly common and unless you are an elite athlete they don't repair them surgically. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/03/cincinnati-bengals-billy-price-injury-frank-gore/1512382002/

Billy Price’s injured foot will take longer to recover than initially expected, the Bengals rookie center said Wednesday.  

There was no setback. Instead, Price said he “over spoke,” last week when the former Ohio State star stated he could return for the matchup with the Stealers next week. 

“I got ahead of myself,” he said. “I made a comment that I should be ready for Pittsburgh, and I don't think it will be the case.”

Price, who said he has a “partially torn” ligament in his right foot, will continue wearing a protective boot at least two more weeks and then be re-evaluated. The earliest he could return for a game is October 21 at Kansas City. 

“They're being extra precautious right now,” Price said. “If I do end up popping this ligament it's a four-month rehab.”

Third-year lineman Trey Hopkins has filled in since Price went down, finishing the Baltimore win and starting at Carolina and Atlanta. 

“He’s doing his job, and he’s killing it right now,” Price said of Hopkins. “It’s great. I’m very excited. I think it’s really helping the offensive line room, period. You’re bringing in a lot of depth and a lot of guys who can step in.”

15 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

When Price comes back in a few weeks, do you think there's any change we keep Hopkins at C and move Price to RG?  Do you think that would be a smart move to get your best 5 out there and move Redmond to the bench?

No chance, Price was drafted in the first round to be the center of the present and future. Hopkins can slide over to RG or left bench when Price is ready to go.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, PatternMaster said:

No chance, Price was drafted in the first round to be the center of the present and future. Hopkins can slide over to RG or left bench when Price is ready to go.

Hopkins has been very bad a guard...he couldn't beat out Redmond.  If he's playing well at center, why not leave him there and move Price to RG to move Redmond to the bench?  Seems like a win-win for the offensive line.  I understand he was drafted to be a center, but if he can upgrade the line elsewhere why not do it.  Between Glenn, Redmond and Hart they've give up over 40 pressures.  Price played guard at tOSU (before moving to center).  I don't think he'd be as bad a Redmond then instead of having three weak links on the line you knock it down to two (both tackle spots).

I think it's the right thing to do. Price played G in college and Hopkins has been solid at C. We are weak at RT. We should be find a way for our best 5 guys on the field. That is likely Glenn-Boling-Hopkins-Price and Redmond or Westerman. They need to find a combination that takes Hart out of the lineup.

I don't expect it to happen because Marvin is dumb. 

26 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think it's the right thing to do. Price played G in college and Hopkins has been solid at C. We are weak at RT. We should be find a way for our best 5 guys on the field. That is likely Glenn-Boling-Hopkins-Price and Redmond or Westerman. They need to find a combination that takes Hart out of the lineup.

The o-line play hasn't really been killing this team. I trust Marvin will leave those decisions up to Pollack, which imo right now is the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

I thought Price played center at OSU?

:mellow:

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

No idea why he is not in there because he did an excellent job when he was.

Being cautious about the back problems?

Archived