The Official Dolphins at the Bengals Game Thread...

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

Come on Cincy, get your asses in gear.

You-Can-Do-It.jpg

Numbers and I kept the faith the whole game. Some of you other cock roaches need to step up your game. Ya gotta believe.:fistpump:6-1 over the past 7 regular season games bitches. Oh and SheBengal too.:lol:

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

Numbers and I kept the faith the whole game. Some of you other cock roaches need to step up your game. Ya gotta believe.:fistpump:6-1 over the past 7 regular season games bitches. Oh and SheBengal too.:lol:

ย 

Fair.ย  Once this team gets the gameplan out of the way, forgets the pep talk from Clappy and gets to check their email at halftime they are pretty damned good.ย  Jokes aside it really does look like they reach a point of shaking off all the bullshit to simply play ball.ย  It's like they need to get that sand kicked in their eye first then

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

ย 

If they can learn to come out of the tunnel like that they can beat anybody

20 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

We're better but we'll see who wins. Easy to match up on paper but can Marvin step up when it counts?

ย 

More like can the team tune him out and focus.ย  ย That's what it looks like on the TV at home, anyway.ย  ย Can see Mixon keeping themย fired up, Lazor & Van Pelt are in AD's ear.ย  Not much else has jumped out as far as sideline.

ย 

4-1 with 3 away games isย much better than I expected.ย  When do flex games start? Beat Pittsburgh and that KC game gets serious.

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

ย 

More like can the team tune him out and focus.ย  ย That's what it looks like on the TV at home, anyway.ย  ย Can see Mixon keeping themย fired up, Lazor & Van Pelt are in AD's ear.ย  Not much else has jumped out as far as sideline.

ย 

4-1 with 3 away games isย much better than I expected.ย  When do flex games start? Beat Pittsburgh and that KC game gets serious.

I think flexing start in November...or maybe it's the last week in October.ย  ย Probably will wait until half of the season has gone by before games start changing the time.ย  Personally, I hope that the schedule times stay the same.

ย 

EDIT:ย  I wonder if there could be ghosts of 2003 when the Bengals beat the Chiefs when they were 9-0...Sorry, when I see these starts, especially when there are games like these (some play in the last 2-3 mins puts the game on ice, but barely), I'm looking for the other shoe to drop...

An interesting fact about today that perhaps was overlooked by most of us (myself included) - there wasn't a single play that Tez made that even hinted toward "unsportsmanlike", and I didn't hear the announcers suggest their should or could be either.ย  A mild surprise?

2 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

An interesting fact about today that perhaps was overlooked by most of us (myself included) - there wasn't a single play that Tez made that even hinted toward "unsportsmanlike", and I didn't hear the announcers suggest their should or could be either.ย  A mild surprise?

Im glad, but it also seemed some of that intensity was gone too.ย ย 

Just now, Jungletiger said:

Im glad, but it also seemed some of that intensity was gone too.ย ย 

Hey, he was still the best player on the defense not named Geno, and as always he uplifts everyone with his play and his coach-like recognition skills.ย  If he continues like this I'm happy as hell.

25 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Hey, he was still the best player on the defense not named Geno, and as always he uplifts everyone with his play and his coach-like recognition skills.ย  If he continues like this I'm happy as hell.

ย 

Pretty sure he got his licks in but I'm OK with him taking a more vet role putting the young guys in the right spot to make plays.ย  If the refs are all focused on him the rest of the D can play a little tougher.ย  If he can stay out of that doghouse for a few weeks they can show him handing out turkeys and declare him Redeemed just in time for the postseason.

ย 

tl;dr First game back, not worried 'bout 55

Archived