The Beautiful Good Bad and Ugly Dolphins at the Bengals... Bunghole Subaru Sponsored...

GOOD

Sam Hubbard INT to seal the game

Geno Atkins
2nd Half Adjustments

2nd Half Pass Rush

Joe Mixon

Andy Dalton's poise under pressure

Jessie Bates INT

Having Vontze Burfict back on the field

AJ Green

Fat Randy

BAD

First half defense

Hardy Nickerson

Refereeing or the lack thereof

UGLY

First half offense

Not so Special Teams

Beautiful:

Winning

4th quarter

defense in the second half

d-line in the second half

Taze is back...even though there was a penalty on the play..seeing him blast the RB for a loss was a great thing to see

Mixon is a freaking beast

Good:

Andy is gritty..love him

hustle even though we were down

Bad:

meh

Ugly:

first half

special teams

Beautiful:

Tez back willing this defense to perform, filling holes early, actually finishing tackles.

Incredible second half defense.

Mixon putting in a workhorse performance coming back from injury.

Gino destroying their line all day.

Good:

Andy just continues to do be a top-shelf QB.

Good performance from Uzomah in place of Tyler.

Bad:

First half D.

Once again a game with a good handful of discipline penalties (formation, false start, movement).

Ugly:

Special teams blocking and coverage.

Refs missing stupidly obvious calls, inexplicably (offsides?  AJ getting held on third down?  Gino getting raped/tackled?)

Shades of "Marvin Ball" return.

End of first half Marvin once again inexplicably refuses to drain the clock when they don't get good yardage out of the gate.

Beautiful- Marvin Lewis is our HC. I gotta praise him. Nobody else does now except for Ken maybe. If you're gonna blame him for the flat terrible start, then you have to give him credit for the 2nd half turnaround. I know none of you will, but that's my opinion. Can't have it both ways like some prominent figure I know.

Beaut, when did we ever score so many points to win and not give up any? I think never.

Anybody else know?

Good, a win against a team who we should have beat, took a half and then some but OK.

Mixon got his feet in the 2nd half, so did Tez. DL woke up and took advantage of the terrible Fins Oline.

I'm hoping some halftime adjustments made a diff, we will see.

Hubbard growing into the NFL, great contributions.

Gino, studdley, MJ right there with him. Tez got his feet under him and got back to work

2 pick sixes by DLs in a half, has it ever happened before? I bet not...

There's more but I don't want to write a nove

Bad, OL needs work and we have injuries but we know that. DL didn't have much success til their LT went down. Our back 7 is really bad against 3rd and long, WTF is going on there? It can't be all talent, is it our schemes? Giving up so many 3rd and 10+ is unfuckin believable. That will kill us later and into the POs if we get there.

Ugly, the first half was about the worst football I've seen, terrible for week 6. The defense looked lost and the offense had not no synch at all.

Both squads had no fire whatsoever, and it seemed they underestimated the Phins bigtime. Penalties, missed tackles, guys out of position, stupid plays, dropped balls, and some of the play calling at the end of the half was ridiculous. We'll never beat Pitt with a half like this.

14 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Beautiful- Marvin Lewis is our HC. I gotta praise him. Nobody else does now except for Ken maybe. If you're gonna blame him for the flat terrible start, then you have to give him credit for the 2nd half turnaround. I know none of you will, but that's my opinion. Can't have it both ways like some prominent figure I know.

Amen. Didn't want Marvin back this year but gotta give him credit. Hell of a turnaround. 

8 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Bullshit, ML didn't have this team ready to play again, his talent bailed him out. They looked flat and uninspired to me the whole first half.

The Dolphins are a very average team and a good coach doesn't let them come in and score 17 unanswered to shut you out in an embarrassing 1st half.

Am I missing something here?

11 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Bullshit, ML didn't have this team ready to play again, his talent bailed him out. They looked flat and uninspired to me the whole first half.

The Dolphins are a very average team and a good coach doesn't let them come in and score 17 unanswered to shut you out in an embarrassing 1st half.

Marvin Lewis does not play defense and he does not manage the clock very well.   Bengals defense bailed them out yes but they are also the cause of being in the hole in the first half....  IMHO 

26 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Marvin Lewis does not play defense and he does not manage the clock very well.   Bengals defense bailed them out yes but they are also the cause of being in the hole in the first half....  IMHO 

At the end of this game and every season, ML is responsible for everything, including the defense in the first half of this game.

He hired the DC, drafted talent, and is the overall leader of the franchise. He's mediocre and has been forever.

At the end of this game and every season, ML is responsible for everything, including the defense in the first half of this game.
He hired the DC, drafted talent, and is the overall leader of the franchise. He's mediocre and has been forever.
IMHO Mike Brown is responsible. Marvin Lewis certainly has his mediocrity wrapped around himself like a blanket but this was a win. IF we are to crucify him in a loss then are we going to also crucify him in a win ? All the talent on this team is largely here because of Marvin Lewis (like it or not). Certainly other people played a part but if we're going to credit him with a loss then...

It is would be pretty difficult to find a new defensive coordinator in the middle of the season. This DC may turn over a new leaf but he is on thin ice IMHO.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

1 hour ago, Jupiter Fan said:

If ML is responsible for everything as you yourself stated in a later post, then he was pretty damned good in the 2nd half of the game.  That was Schotzee's point if you read his entire post.

I'm no ML fan myself, but just trying to help with what you may be missing.

Beautiful:  2nd half comeback down 17 in 3rd quarter, 2 defensive touchdowns, Mixon's return

Good:  Andy, AJ, Geno, Dunlap our  best players made big plays, Burfict's return, Bullock hit a 51 yard FG to start comeback 

Bad:  Red zone INT, oline had worst game of the year, 3rd down defense still an issue 

Ugly:  Special teams had two more blunders, Nickerson belongs on PS, getting down 17-0 to begin with 

Beautiful: Taking my 12 yo son to his first Bengals game and it was a win.  

Watching all the Fins fans that were running their mouths the first half leave when we took the lead. 

Good: Mixon, 2nd half defense, halftime adjustments, having the will to come through adversity with a win. 

Bad: First half everything 

Ugly: Where the fuck did all those Miami fans come from? I was starting to wonder if I was in the right stadium. 

2 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

You're missing that we won on two defensive turnovers that were taken to the house.

You can't coach that.

IMHO, same old Marvin but the new coaches are making the same old Marvin look better than he is.

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

If ML is responsible for everything as you yourself stated in a later post, then he was pretty damned good in the 2nd half of the game.  That was Schotzee's point if you read his entire post.

I'm no ML fan myself, but just trying to help with what you may be missing.

I'm not missing anything, ML isn't a good HC... we won today on talent alone, not his coaching.

You saw the 2 defensive TDs right? Did he coach that somehow?

If you want to point the finger at the coaching staff, Simmons should be at the top of the list.  His special teams units caused a 10 point swing against us after a blocked FG attempt and punt return TD.  Last week they allowed a blocked punt and long kickoff return.  It needs to get cleaned up soon before it costs us a game.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did you see Marvin in the post game presser?  Sat down and said "that was exactly how we drew it up."  :lol: 

That was good to see, seems like he’s enjoying football again. Then again that first half was exactly why I wanted him gone but we won so I’m good 👍🏼

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If you want to point the finger at the coaching staff, Simmons should be at the top of the list.  His special teams units caused a 10 point swing against us after a blocked FG attempt and punt return TD.  Last week they allowed a blocked punt and long kickoff return.  It needs to get cleaned up soon before it costs us a game.

And what's truly frightening here is Simmons was mentioned as a leading candidate to replace ML in the off-season. How close we came to a warmed-over Bruce Shula. 

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

😂😂😂

Archived