The Beautiful Good Bad and Ugly Dolphins at the Bengals... Bunghole Subaru Sponsored...

15 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Bullshit, ML didn't have this team ready to play again, his talent bailed him out. They looked flat and uninspired to me the whole first half.

The Dolphins are a very average team and a good coach doesn't let them come in and score 17 unanswered to shut you out in an embarrassing 1st half.

Am I missing something here?

So what you are saying is we have this talent but bc of Marvin they didn't want to use it in the first half? Then in the second half the players just decided fuck Marvin we're gonna make plays? Makes perfect sense I guess.

47 minutes ago, schotzee said:

So what you are saying is we have this talent but bc of Marvin they didn't want to use it in the first half? Then in the second half the players just decided fuck Marvin we're gonna make plays? Makes perfect sense I guess.

Losing their LT was huge also, but even talent only goes so far when the team has little motivation, fire and inspiration, just like their HC.

The first half was dismal and will lose a lot of games to teams not named the Dullphins.

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Losing their LT was huge also, but even talent only goes so far when the team has little motivation, fire and inspiration, just like their HC.

The first half was dismal and will lose a lot of games to teams not named the Dullphins.

Yeah, I get that he's not a big motivator but I think that that's either in you or not and can't be coached.:lol:

Additional goods

and I can't believe I'm saying this...

Halftime adjustments.  On defense, anyway.  It looked like a jail break getting to Tammy Hill the second half and did it ever

pay off. (ty, Cap's Obvious)  Something was said and I would say it was Austin who said it.

Andy is obviously working behind a sub par line.  But I am amazed at his ability to scramble out of trouble and

make Shinola out of shit.  The broken play that turned into a touchdown pass to Mixon was amazing.  It was

like Smokin' Joe didn't realize where he was, turned around and was like "Oh, hey, there's the end zone".

Lots of long blond haired cheerleaders even though some had black racing stripes down the middle.

The new unis are very nice, too.

Another halftime adjustment was Marvin changed his order from pepperoni on his pizza to sausage.  Tube sausage.

My thoughts:

1. Every penny paid to Atkins and Dunlap was earned for past performance and justified for future performance. It is RARE to have two such talents on one team for as long as we have had those two. We have been spoiled. Atkins is a monster on the interior and Dunlap's ability to turn it up in big spots and late has been his trademark for a long time. We are lucky to be able to experience them on our favorite team.

2. Given not having Eiftert, Ross and Gio, I thought Dalton was really good in this game. The first pick was unfortunate, as AJ was held and knocked off his route and the safety made a nice play late, but take that away, and Dalton made a LOT of plays under duress. Earlier versions of Dalton would have thrown three or more picks in that game, and fumbled too. He did a great job not letting it get out of hand, and made huge throws late. The play to Mixon for the TD to get them back into the game was very much new Dalton. I still want to give a ton of credit for that to Alex Van Pelt's coaching.

3. Mixon is the first genuine closer at RB we have had in awhile. Having a guy who can close out games in the 4th quarter at RB is a huge luxury. 

4. They still need to tackle better.

5. William Jackson looked more like himself this week. Should have had a pick 6 early, hopefully he is over his early funk.

6. Just nice seeing 55 back on the field. The defense is just more settled when he is out there making plays. 

7. Would like to see Simmons get the special teams issues addressed ASAP. Need to stop giving points away there. 

8. They definitely (and especially Boyd) missed having Ross on the outside to put extra stress on the coverage. 

That win was enormous. Miami is likely gonna limp into the wild card mix (their schedule is pretty soft), getting a head to head against them might be important down the road. Still no conference losses, that's also huge. Hopefully Ross' groin issue is better and he can go next week. They need him to balance the field and give Boyd more room underneath.

42 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Sure, but we discuss the Bengals. You are touting not watching the games. So...what's your particular interest in this public forum? 

Come on.  LeTigre is a long time and hard core, orange and black bleeding Bengals fan.  JMHO but I think his grievance is more with things going on with the NoFunLeague

than anything specific to the Bengals.  He has his reasons so please let it go before this degenerates into some sort of crap that causes us to lose another poster because of a difference of opinion.  I'm afraid The Villages Voice has taken his golf cart and returned to M/GILF Heaven because of that.  Hope not.  Anyway, just my unsolicited 2¢.

And fuck the Squeelers.

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Come on.  LeTigre is a long time and hard core, orange and black bleeding Bengals fan.  JMHO but I think his grievance is more with things going on with the NoFunLeague

than anything specific to the Bengals.  He has his reasons so please let it go before this degenerates into some sort of crap that causes us to lose another poster because of a difference of opinion.  I'm afraid The Villages Voice has taken his golf cart and returned to M/GILF Heaven because of that.  Hope not.  Anyway, just my unsolicited 2¢.

And fun the Squeelers.

Yeah I'm quite positive it's nothing against the Bengals. 

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And fuck the Squeelers.

Thou sayest well, Harry. All negatives are against this corrupt league. 

Will keep my my personal preference quiet from here on out, though. 

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Thou sayest well, Harry. All negatives are against this corrupt league. 

Will keep my my personal preference quiet from here on out, though. 

Le Tigre, say what you want.  Your actions on here entitle you to say whatever you want!

15 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Oh, also bad: our inability to convert 3rd downs on offense. Well, that and stopping the Fins on 3rd downs too.

Isn't it amazing that we're 4-1? We hear that some of the most important parts of winning in the NFL is stuff like 3rd downs, O line and turnovers. We've lost the TO battle in quite a few games this yr. Our 3rd downs are bottom of the league on both sides and the O line is definitely sub par. 

As for defense, our problem IMO is scheme. Look at the cushions we're giving their receivers. Just about every NFL team can methodically complete the short pass with timing and accurate throws. These sorts of plays move the chains and kills you on 3rd down. The reason the defense got better in this area in the 2nd half is that the Miami offense often found itself in situations where they had to look further than dump off passes. That's where our D shines

Finally got to sit down to watch. 

Good

AJ Green

Joe Mixon

2nd half Dline, everyone on it was just feeding off each other and did something to affect the game

Bad

Special teams

Ugly

Hardy Nickerson sucks balls, where the hell is Vinny Rey? Seriously this guy has made a bad play several times in several games. 

Vinny was active and played a little yesterday but I wonder if he's not 100% healthy. I think Malik Jefferson has been the disappointment here. I have no inside info on this but my sense is that they're underwhelmed with his intellect

7 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Vinny was active and played a little yesterday but I wonder if he's not 100% healthy. I think Malik Jefferson has been the disappointment here. I have no inside info on this but my sense is that they're underwhelmed with his intellect

Agree with your disappointment in Jefferson.  He was not even active yesterday.

I thought he would be valuable on special teams if nothing else.

Or he's a work in progress.

20/20 hindsight but someone didn't do their homework.

We could have taken a decent offensive lineman there when we drafted him.

Archived