The Beautiful Good Bad and Ugly Dolphins at the Bengals... Bunghole Subaru Sponsored...

Re: Jefferson - the word on him coming out was that he was incredibly athletic but there was a long way to go in terms of his understanding of the position at the NFL level - that he is in effect taking a red shirt year is not remotely surprising. Marvin almost always works in his linebackers slowly. Even Burfict didn't play until injuries forced him in, in his rookie year.  I don't think any conclusions can really be drawn on Jefferson until this time next year, really. 

Here's one I missed mentioning in the earlier post...

Good:  Randy Bullock. That 51-yard kick when they were down 17-0 midway through the third quarter was actually really important, as it was the first sign of life for the team and gave them a bit of a jump start. If he misses that, no way do they comeback. 

Could get REAL ugly ...

Cordy Glenn: For the third week in a row, the Bengals left tackle had trouble dealing with speed around the edge, and allowed a multitude of pressures. It was a bad day for most of the Bengals offensive line, and Glenn’s struggles are becoming more and more frequent.

Hope Lazor and Pollock come up with something really good before Sunday.  Add Bobby Hart to the list of concerns.  Could be unpleasant especially if they bring their own officiating crew and ignore the recent rule changes.

Good: 2nd half adjustments

Joe Mixon

AJ

Uzomah

Bad: Special Teams,

Hardy Nickerson Jr. (nice kid, but he is a slower than Christmas Mass on Sunday)

Ugly: 1st half offense and the blocked FG

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Agree with your disappointment in Jefferson.  He was not even active yesterday.

I thought he would be valuable on special teams if nothing else.

Or he's a work in progress.

20/20 hindsight but someone didn't do their homework.

We could have taken a decent offensive lineman there when we drafted him.

Obviously it's early but you win some, you lose some. It's OK if you miss on Jefferson if you hit on Hubbard. It's OK if you miss on Ross if you hit on Boyd

21 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Obviously it's early but you win some, you lose some. It's OK if you miss on Jefferson if you hit on Hubbard. It's OK if you miss on Ross if you hit on Boyd

True. Sucks to miss on a top 10 draft pick but it's not my money.  We've got a good 2nd WR anyway.   Need help at LB much more than another receiver. 

57 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

True. Sucks to miss on a top 10 draft pick but it's not my money.  We've got a good 2nd WR anyway.   Need help at LB much more than another receiver. 

Ross for Clay Matthews?:39: Him and burdock could really unleash some hell.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

They haven’t missed on Ross. Holy hell, guys. Way too early to say the they have , jeebus.

They sure haven't and I covered that point with my comment "Obviously it's early". I said that before anything in that post

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Come on.  LeTigre is a long time and hard core, orange and black bleeding Bengals fan.  JMHO but I think his grievance is more with things going on with the NoFunLeague

than anything specific to the Bengals.  He has his reasons so please let it go before this degenerates into some sort of crap that causes us to lose another poster because of a difference of opinion.  I'm afraid The Villages Voice has taken his golf cart and returned to M/GILF Heaven because of that.  Hope not.  Anyway, just my unsolicited 2¢.

And fuck the Squeelers.

I’m not gonna tear anyone down unnecessarily, nor have I come anywhere close to doing so thus far in this thread. But if me asking honest questions to determine someone’s motivation for posting here drives them away, there’s not much I can do about that. I’m as entitled to inquire about those items as Tigre is to voice his opinion. 

10 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

They sure haven't and I covered that point with my comment "Obviously it's early". I said that before anything in that post

It is NOT early.  2nd year, 5 games in the book.  And stop with this is basically his rookie year crap.  He is on the 2nd year of his guaranteed rookie contract and is barely contributing.   Single digit draft picks are expected to perform early, that is what they are getting paid for.  At best he can be a good slot receive, something we could have picked up in later rounds.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

It is NOT early.  2nd year, 5 games in the book.  And stop with this is basically his rookie year crap.  He is on the 2nd year of his guaranteed rookie contract and is barely contributing.   Single digit draft picks are expected to perform early, that is what they are getting paid for.  At best he can be a good slot receive, something we could have picked up in later rounds.  

Like Andre Smith I think he can grow into being a contributor but I agree, he's never going to be worthy of a top ten pick

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

The problem I have with Ross is that he keeps getting hurt running with no contact. Happened on his 40 dash at the combine, happened on his TD in the Atlanta game. I mean, what good is 4.22 speed if it injures you when you use it?

For that matter what good is 4.22 speed in pads & helmet running at a DB whose only job is to slow you down?  Chris Henry clocked a 4.5 at the combine.  He had 9 TD's and over 600 yards in his 2nd season playing as a WR3.  Ross may match him this season but it won't be because he runs 40 yards .3 seconds faster.

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

For that matter what good is 4.22 speed in pads & helmet running at a DB whose only job is to slow you down?  Chris Henry clocked a 4.5 at the combine.  He had 9 TD's and over 600 yards in his 2nd season playing as a WR3.  Ross may match him this season but it won't be because he runs 40 yards .3 seconds faster.

Slim was also 6-4 and could go up and grab some of Andy's less accurate throws. Same with AJ. I just dont think he would survive in the slot. Edleman is same height but 20lbs heavier.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Slim was also 6-4 and could go up and grab some of Spicoli's less accurate throws. 

Really too bad that he never had a chance to outgrow all that baggage.  It seemed like he was getting there.

Safe to say none of the WR's in the HoF had 4.2 speed, it's completely overrated.  I still think Ross can be an ok player if he can get over himself but everyone expected him to run right by defenses like this is the Pac-12 & I think maybe he did, too.  Whoever made the pick sure had stars in their eyes.

That's all up to Ross now though, I'd rather talk about Boyd or anyone else that's playing.

Archived