It's Stealers Week!

5 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Not really a reply to this topic, but just curious if anyone else has noticed this? I’m as far east as you can get in Ohio without venturing into inbred country, so I may be a tad out of the loop.

It seems to me that there is some sort of beef between Dave Lapham and Marvin Lewis. Anytime lap offers a suggestion with his question, it’s like Marv has to disagree with him prior to answering it. Did something go down between these two that I don’t know about. IMO Lap deserves more respect. He was in the trenches on a mighty fine Bengals club back in the day. 

More than that, Lap had to stick around and defend them night after night in his job as a radio guy during their lean yrs. That job not only entails Sundays but numerous other shows during the week. Defending David Klingler and Dave Shula deserved combat pay

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-gives-Stealers-coach-mike-tomlin-25000-fine-criticizing-officials-191321493.html

NFL gives Stealers coach Mike Tomlin a $25,000 fine for criticizing officials

Pittsburgh Stealers coach Mike Tomlin had to know, as he ripped the officials after Sunday’s game, that it was going to cost him.

Tomlin’s rant wasn’t cheap. The NFL fined Tomlin $25,000 for criticizing officials, Jarrett Bell of USA Today reported.

Tomlin’s comments came after a blowout win over the Atlanta Falcons. Imagine how pointed those comments would have been had the Stealers lost. His frustration with the officials isn’t unique, but he’s the one who spoke out about it, and paid the price.

Tomlin is a member of the NFL’s competition committee, and the stiff fine is probably due to the league not wanting someone on the competition committee criticizing the officiating.

Mike Tomlin was ‘pissed’ at the officials

Tomlin didn’t single out any calls after the game, but that didn’t save him a fine. Here’s what he said after the game:

“We’ve gotta get better as a National Football League,” Tomlin said. “Man, these penalties are costing people games and jobs. We’ve gotta get ’em correct. And so I’m pissed about it, to be quite honest with you. But that’s all I’m gonna say on it.”

Imagine the mount of the fine if Tomlin’s comments had been more than five sentences.

Tomlin didn’t expect to be fined, according to TribLive.com, but that was probably wishful thinking. The NFL doesn’t take kindly to coaches calling out its officials.

“I said what I said after the game,” Tomlin said Tuesday, according to TribLive. “I meant it, but I have no further comment. I’m choosing to move on and focus on this week’s challenge.”

Tomlin isn’t the only one who has been upset with calls this season

Tomlin was probably speaking for many coaches. It’s likely Tomlin was upset about a roughing-the-passer penalty on Stealers linebacker T.J. Watt. He barely touched Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan’s legs and Ryan didn’t go down, but Watt was given a penalty anyway.

Many NFL players, coaches and fans are frustrated at the increased protection for quarterbacks this season. But most players and coaches know what will happen if they speak out too much about officiating. Tomlin knew the consequences too, and he’ll pay for it.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-gives-Stealers-coach-mike-tomlin-25000-fine-criticizing-officials-191321493.html

NFL gives Stealers coach Mike Tomlin a $25,000 fine for criticizing officials

Pittsburgh Stealers coach Mike Tomlin had to know, as he ripped the officials after Sunday’s game, that it was going to cost him.

Tomlin’s rant wasn’t cheap. The NFL fined Tomlin $25,000 for criticizing officials, Jarrett Bell of USA Today reported.

Tomlin’s comments came after a blowout win over the Atlanta Falcons. Imagine how pointed those comments would have been had the Stealers lost. His frustration with the officials isn’t unique, but he’s the one who spoke out about it, and paid the price.

Tomlin is a member of the NFL’s competition committee, and the stiff fine is probably due to the league not wanting someone on the competition committee criticizing the officiating.

Mike Tomlin was ‘pissed’ at the officials

Tomlin didn’t single out any calls after the game, but that didn’t save him a fine. Here’s what he said after the game:

“We’ve gotta get better as a National Football League,” Tomlin said. “Man, these penalties are costing people games and jobs. We’ve gotta get ’em correct. And so I’m pissed about it, to be quite honest with you. But that’s all I’m gonna say on it.”

Imagine the mount of the fine if Tomlin’s comments had been more than five sentences.

Tomlin didn’t expect to be fined, according to TribLive.com, but that was probably wishful thinking. The NFL doesn’t take kindly to coaches calling out its officials.

“I said what I said after the game,” Tomlin said Tuesday, according to TribLive. “I meant it, but I have no further comment. I’m choosing to move on and focus on this week’s challenge.”

Tomlin isn’t the only one who has been upset with calls this season

Tomlin was probably speaking for many coaches. It’s likely Tomlin was upset about a roughing-the-passer penalty on Stealers linebacker T.J. Watt. He barely touched Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan’s legs and Ryan didn’t go down, but Watt was given a penalty anyway.

Many NFL players, coaches and fans are frustrated at the increased protection for quarterbacks this season. But most players and coaches know what will happen if they speak out too much about officiating. Tomlin knew the consequences too, and he’ll pay for it.

Up yours Tomlin. Andy is gonna follow wirh an up yours on Sunday.:fistpump:

Dude, Antonio Brown should absolutely be suspended for what he did. He could have literally killed that little kid and his NFL career would have been over

I can't wait for this game. The national sports media went from calling the Stealers dead in the water to being divisional contenders after pasting the Falcons and if we were to lose to them, then they'd be right back in the thick of things. While all of that is true, I resent the narrative that suddenly the Squeels aren't "who we thought they were", they're somehow magically better because they beat the worst defense in the league.

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Dude, Antonio Brown should absolutely be suspended for what he did. He could have literally killed that little kid and his NFL career would have been over

I can't wait for this game. The national sports media went from calling the Stealers dead in the water to being divisional contenders after pasting the Falcons and if we were to lose to them, then they'd be right back in the thick of things. While all of that is true, I resent the narrative that suddenly the Squeels aren't "who we thought they were", they're somehow magically better because they beat the worst defense in the league.

Sadly, he would probably keep playing. See Ray Lewis.

And their game would've been close like ours if it was in the dome.

On 10/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, Jason said:

The Bengals are a 2.5 point favorite?

That's disrespectful.

To the stealers!

:lol: 

I know it's a running joke, but it's impossible to disrespect a team that has no respect.

And......fuck the stealers.

This is how completely idiotic these stupid motherfuckers are. Just beyond stupid and lower than scum of the earth low life pieces of human shit.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/11/Stealers-initially-thought-bengals-injured-ryan-shazier-per-report/1599503002/

Talking to Bud Dupree today about returning to Cincy after the weirdness/tragicness/awfulness of last visit, he shared this: said he and Vince W weren't sure how Shazier was hurt. Thought he was hit blindside. Spent rest of 1H trying to exact revenge. Didn't see replay till half.

35 minutes ago, saphead said:

This is how completely idiotic these stupid motherfuckers are. Just beyond stupid and lower than scum of the earth low life pieces of human shit.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/11/Stealers-initially-thought-bengals-injured-ryan-shazier-per-report/1599503002/

Talking to Bud Dupree today about returning to Cincy after the weirdness/tragicness/awfulness of last visit, he shared this: said he and Vince W weren't sure how Shazier was hurt. Thought he was hit blindside. Spent rest of 1H trying to exact revenge. Didn't see replay till half.

And Tomlin has the balls to claim too many penalties called against. Cincy has to get better at ducking their cheap shots so the fuckers start crippling themselves. Make dirty hit that knocks out player and the league allows it to continue. Ya know I recall there were dumbass stealer fans as well for blaming it on a Cincy player?! I mean how do you explain such stupidity.?

9 minutes ago, schotzee said:

And Tomlin has the balls to claim too many penalties called against. Cincy has to get better at ducking their cheap shots so the fuckers start crippling themselves. Make dirty hit that knocks out player and the league allows it to continue. Ya know I recall there were dumbass stealer fans as well for blaming it on a Cincy player?! I mean how do you explain such stupidity.?

A steady diet of scrapple and Iron City beer. And being the inbred child of a mother that used crystal meth while she was pregnant with you.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

It's passed down from their uncle daddy and aunt mommy.

2 minutes ago, saphead said:

I'd like a retroactive 15 yard penalty against these fucking in-breeders to start the game on Sunday,  going back to the Shazier play where he led with the crown of the helmet and caused his own retirement from the NFL. 

You're kidding right? The fucking guy is hailed as a hero.

So when shuster tried to kill burfict last year and celebrated over him, that was after shazier, right? Based on the comments from the Stealers, can we assume he was looking for revenge for shazier even though that wasn’t anyone’s fault but shazier’s?

Archived