@ KC Flexed.

Bengals vs. Chiefs Week 7 game flexed to Sunday Night Football

The Bengals are getting a primetime game added to their schedule. It comes in Week 7 as Cincinnati face the undefeated (as of now) Chiefs on Sunday Night Football.

By Jason Marcum@marcum89  Oct 9, 2018, 10:43am EDT

835666964.0.jpgPhoto by Andy Lyons/Getty Images

The Cincinnati Bengals will get an extra primetime game this year after originally only having a Thursday Night Football game on their schedule.

On Tuesday, it was revealed that the Bengals’ Week 7 matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs will be flexed into Sunday Night Football. As of now, this will be just the second primetime game the Bengals will play in this year. 

The Chiefs have stormed out of the gate en route to a 5-0 record and have made a strong case that they’re the NFL’s best team. They’ll get a big test this week when they face the New England Patriots in Foxborough before returning home to host the Bengals in Week 7.

The Bengals host the Pittsburgh Stealers this week. If they can hold serve at home this week and then beat the Chiefs next week, then the Bengals will lead the AFC record-wise when Week 7 ends. But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. As of now, the Bengals are 4-1, the Chiefs are 5-0 and the next two weeks will be big tests for Cincinnati.

Who would have thought we could ever say that after the Bengals went a combined 13-18-1 over the last two seasons? 

Unfortunately, the Bengals are 0-10 on Sunday Night Football since 2006.

Zero and ten. 

Hey, if you’re break a streak, might as well do it against arguably the best team in the AFC and maybe NFL.

24 minutes ago, saphead said:

That sucks big fat sweaty erect rhinocerus cock . But then again, this is a different team with a different mentality. I say fuck it

I would normally agree, but my son has rugby the next two Sunday afternoons  so I won't have to dodge spoilers that day. I'm glad I'll be busy during stealers this Sunday. I'll DVR and will only watch it if nothing stupid and infuriating happens as is par for the course.

Beauty! I can watch it on normal TV!

And our playoff games are all going to be nationally televised, so if we're going to break the curse, it's good to get some reps during the season.

And FWIW, I remember the last time an undefeated Chiefs team matched up against the Bengals. They got demolished by Jon Kitna and Peter Warrick. I have faith in Andy and AJ.

Last time the Bengals played at Arrowhead they waltzed to a 28-6 victory (2012.) They have played the Chiefs only one time since then, beating them at home during their 8-0 start to the 2015 season. (That's all I'm going to say about that season.)

Overall, the Bengals lead the series 15-13, but have enjoyed recent success, including 4 in a row and 8 of the last 12 dating back 30 years. So after dismantling the Stealers, I fully expect a victory and firm grasp on the 1-seed in KC the following Sunday night.

44 minutes ago, Michigan Muskie said:

Last time the Bengals played at Arrowhead they waltzed to a 28-6 victory (2012.) They have played the Chiefs only one time since then, beating them at home during their 8-0 start to the 2015 season. (That's all I'm going to say about that season.)

Overall, the Bengals lead the series 15-13, but have enjoyed recent success, including 4 in a row and 8 of the last 12 dating back 30 years. So after dismantling the Stealers, I fully expect a victory and firm grasp on the 1-seed in KC the following Sunday night.

And with the crazy way NFL games have been going this season, what should be an offensive output for the ages and a 56-48 final score will instead be a 9-6 defensive struggle.

3 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

And with the crazy way NFL games have been going this season, what should be an offensive output for the ages and a 56-48 final score will instead be a 9-6 defensive struggle.

Vegas would love that. As long as the Bengals are on the 9 side of that score, I'll take it.

3 minutes ago, Michigan Muskie said:

Vegas would love that. As long as the Bengals are on the 9 side of that score, I'll take it.

I would take it too. A win is a win is a win.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Called it ;)

Don't say that, I'd much rather the shootout! Why yes, I hate pitching duels, why do you ask? This is America, and in America, we score! We win! We're the bestest!

3 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Just now, Bunghole said:

I would take it too. A win is a win is a win.

Don't say that, I'd much rather the shootout! Why yes, I hate pitching duels, why do you ask? This is America, and in America, we score! We win! We're the bestest!

Eh..what? I called the game getting flexed in a different thread.

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Why crap?  I would think you would get to see it.  Unless you have to work or you are giving evening Mass or something.

A. I have NFL Sunday Ticket.  I see every game.

B. I get up at 5:30 on Mondays.  And win or lose it always takes me at least an hour to wind down after a game.

C. They play poorly on Sunday night.

:smile: 

Archived