Jessie Bates

2 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Geno is frequently recognized as one of the best defensive linemen in the game.   

This is true but he rarely comes up in conversation.  Guys like JJ Watt, Kahlil Mack and Aaron Donald get talked about non stop.  AJ Green has same issue. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

This is true but he rarely comes up in conversation.  Guys like JJ Watt, Kahlil Mack and Aaron Donald get talked about non stop.  AJ Green has same issue. 

I heard on Golic and Wingo the other morning talking about the Watt brothers being tied with each other for the NFL sack lead with "that defensive lineman from Cincinnati". I shit you not. 

I was traveling in the Carolinas during the last two Bengals games and had to listen to the games on the other teams' feeds.  Panthers and Dolphins announcers didn't have a clue...acting surprised that this "Atkins guy" was actually pretty good.  I just LOL'd.  On a related topic, it was brutal to listen to the Carolina homer broadcasters go on and on and on and on and on about Cam.  I thought I was gonna be sick.  Even when he got that stupid-azz taunting penalty they were defending him and singing his praises.

I think we still fly under most people's radar outside of our region/division.

5 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

I was traveling in the Carolinas during the last two Bengals games and had to listen to the games on the other teams' feeds.  Panthers and Dolphins announcers didn't have a clue...acting surprised that this "Atkins guy" was actually pretty good.  I just LOL'd.  On a related topic, it was brutal to listen to the Carolina homer broadcasters go on and on and on and on and on about Cam.  I thought I was gonna be sick.  Even when he got that stupid-azz taunting penalty they were defending him and singing his praises.

I think we still fly under most people's radar outside of our region/division.

And that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. 

I like being sneaky good, hope it continues.

How awesome would it be if Geno took the sack crown from both the Watts and had the most of any player this season?

Here's an NFL article that sucks the Watt's brothers cocks and has only a brief mention of Atkins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972621/article/watt-brothers-in-healthy-competition-for-sacks-lead

He has two big games coming up, both should garner national media attention.

If Geno can play the way he's been playing all year for the next two weeks then he will be recognized nationally.

Atkins is already widely considered the second best interior lineman in the league. The only thing that’ll get people talking about him is the Bengals winning games that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Big Alice said:

Atkins is already widely considered the second best interior lineman in the league. The only thing that’ll get people talking about him is the Bengals winning games that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

You mean like the Miami, Baltiwhore, Atlanta and Indianapolis games? THOSE games that matter just as much as any other game?

Ah, who am I kidding. This game against the Stealers matters more. If you told me we'd be 1-1 between the PIT and KC games I'd pick the win over the Rapists every.....fucking....time....

50 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

You mean like the Miami, Baltiwhore, Atlanta and Indianapolis games? THOSE games that matter just as much as any other game?

Ah, who am I kidding. This game against the Stealers matters more. If you told me we'd be 1-1 between the PIT and KC games I'd pick the win over the Rapists every.....fucking....time....

You know how this works;  they're only big games if we lose.

19 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I heard on Golic and Wingo the other morning talking about the Watt brothers being tied with each other for the NFL sack lead with "that defensive lineman from Cincinnati". I shit you not. 

I hear you.  It seems when they are on national tv or when im watching their game on sunday ticket with two unbiased analysts, when he makes a play, they seem to follow it up with he is one of if not the best interior lineman in the game.  I cant comment on anything otherwise.  I can see the likes of espn and another teams radio announcers dismissing him though.  ESPN is only going to praise him if they win playoff games.  As far as another teams radio announcers, they are always going to suck their own team off and dismiss guys from the other team.  Its just what happens.  

Archived