The Official Stealers vs Bengals Game Thread...

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

He was already blocking his defender when he caught the pass. How that isn't a penalty is beyond me. But Dre is holding?

Classic pick play...very clearly a penalty, not called. 

What about the defensive hold Dre? That was a little suspect.

1 minute ago, Sox said:

Whatever.I mean seriously?They scored a TD and you want to SECOND GUESS the offense play calling? Bullshit indeed.

Hell yes. You know what you have to do. You have plenty of time and time outs. You believe in your offense to execute. You can’t leave The Rapist that much time with a d line that might as well be standing there. 

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

It killed the clock and they scored. 

Really?No shit. So now,TD drives are BULLSHIT.We have to grind the clock down so the other team doesn't get a chance.You guys need to take your reality pills and realize you score when you CAN,not when you'd like to.Running the clock down is something you do AFTER you have taken the lead,not before.

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

AJ Green dropped too many passes period.

D line never showed up 

11 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

0 pressures, 0 hurries, 0 sacks.

these 

unfucking real that they didn't sack that fat bitch once

what a fucking waste of an afternoon... same old fucking shit... I should have gone grocery shopping with the wife 

1 minute ago, Sox said:

Really?No shit. So now,TD drives are BULLSHIT.We have to grind the clock down so the other team doesn't get a chance.You guys need to take your reality pills and realize you score when you CAN,not when you'd like to.Running the clock down is something you do AFTER you have taken the lead,not before.

OK Dan Fouts. 

You are playing to win the game, not just score a TD. They didn’t play to win the game. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Hell yes. You know what you have to do. You have plenty of time and time outs. You believe in your offense to execute. You can’t leave The Rapist that much time with a d line that might as well be standing there. 

Hey guys...stay out of the fucking endzone you morons! WTF do you think you're doing by scoring?

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

OK Dan Fouts. 

You are playing to win the game, not just score a TD. They didn’t play to win the game. 

I'll say this one last time,although it's a waste thereof...burning time is a LUXURY when you're leading the game,not when you're trailing.It's nice when it happens,but really,you're angry that the offense took what the defense was giving up and had the audacity to SCORE.You have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, Sox said:

I'll say this one last time,although it's a waste thereof...burning time is a LUXURY when you're leading the game,not when you're trailing.It's nice when it happens,but really,you're angry that the offense took what the defense was giving up and had the audacity to SCORE.You have a nice day.

Gee, thanks for the lecture.  Nice all caps.  Made me change my mind.  🙄

28 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

The biggest bull shit of this game is Mixon carrying the ball 10 times. Why the fuck? 

On a wet day with all our receivers dropping passes, no less.

I think the problem is they don't trust the OL and runs can't hide them with scheme like they can with the passing game.  

Though, again, we've been consistently pass-happy even with good OL's..  in the post-season, outside in a gale, doesn't matter we're throwing it 30+ times a game as a rule.

5 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

this

I can't really agree. The  guy is just coming off a surgery. I don't want to see him run into the ground. Gio is already banged up and out for only God knows how long. Walton may be good in time but so far not too impressive. Mixon is a special one and they need him for the long haul.

8 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

No the biggest BullShit was how much holding was going on by Pissburgs O line that was never called.

Of course the officiating is bullshit but at this point we have to expect that every week.  Austin needs to take the pressure off the DL or find a way to get them loose with blitzes or stunts etc.. Maybe come down from the booth and get in a ref's ear about it.

On that note, the all-out blitz at the end was some on-tilt play calling.  Everyone watching knew that was gonna be a TD.  For that matter I'm not sure I'm with hoping a fumble bounces our way as a defensive scheme.  We had many shots at a turnover again this week and came away with none of them.  Our roster just isn't built for that shit.

Glad I missed the last 3 quarters.  As soon as I saw the defensive holding call on Geno (first one it seems?), I knew this game was going to be Pittsburgh, no way the refs let this one get too much in our favour.

The only other thing I've watched besides the first quarter is the winning touchdown.  Pittsburgh ran a BLATANT pick play in the wide open field, *objectively* a penalty, nobody can possibly dispute it.  The refs simply decided not to call it. 

From reading most of this thread it seems clear that the Bengals did a whole lot to lose this game (I saw enough drops in one quarter to last a whole season), but the holding against our D-line was constant and blatant in the one quarter, and the comments here appear to show it continued - standard stuff against the Stealers.  That tilts games more than almost anything else the refs can do in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Glad I missed the last 3 quarters.  As soon as I saw the defensive holding call on Geno (first one it seems?)

Best play call of the day right there HPP, wish I had done the same.  Like watching a bum shit on the street - you don't want to see it, it's disgusting on a primal level, but something won't let you look away.

Archived