The Beautiful Good Bad and Ugly Stealers at the Bengals... Bunghole Subaru Sponsored...

good: 

andy.. he was money again

boyd

bad:

defense over all

not getting mixon enough touches

ugly:

d-line not fucking showing up

burfict missing tackles... still one of the better defenders today

AJ drops

injuries

ole marv

losing to those mother fuckers again 

FUCK 

Hard to think about anything beautiful, good or bad when the ugly leaves such a bad taste...

Ugly: Complete and utter failure to throw a flag on the Brown TD with a blatant penalty, while meanwhile flagging the Bengals for ticky-tack holding calls on both sides of the ball, twice on game-changing plays.

From the official NFL rulebook:

ARTICLE 4. OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS BY THE OFFENSE
Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference. See 8-3-1 for exception for an ineligible offensive player.

***Note: It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air, if the block occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown. See 8-3-1-Note for exception for ineligible players.

Ugly:  Seeing the annual shit-on-the-Bengals parade from the media from the pre-game on.  My expectations couldn't be lower in that regard, I know they are going to swing from Pittsburgh's jock at every opportunity, yet I'm still somehow surprised by how much everyone hates this franchise.  Not even talking about power rankings or Pro Bowl votes, I mean a deep loathing that even the local hacks have mostly learned to echo.  IDK how you change something like that but I'm convinced it goes far beyond wins & losses.

3 minutes ago, schotzee said:

One big beautiful I took from this game. Even though we lost again this time, Cincy maintained composure. I think they're growing up a lot mentality. Hopefully it pays huge dividends when we play them at the end of the year.

That's a great point & I was sure Burfict was going to be called for a pf a couple of times but it never happened...  Kind of like Geno Atkins holding.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Ugly:  Seeing the annual shit-on-the-Bengals parade from the media from the pre-game on.  My expectations couldn't be lower in that regard, I know they are going to swing from Pittsburgh's jock at every opportunity, yet I'm still somehow surprised by how much everyone hates this franchise.  Not even talking about power rankings or Pro Bowl votes, I mean a deep loathing that even the local hacks have mostly learned to echo.  IDK how you change something like that but I'm convinced it goes far beyond wins & losses.

I know a lot of people hate on boomer, but that guy is very ok imo. He roots for Cincy big time.

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

I know a lot of people hate on boomer, but that guy is very ok imo. He roots for Cincy big time.

Eh it seems more like the reluctant "they're ugly but they're mine" kind of running joke to me.  Pretty sure he hates Old Musty as much as anyone.  

Just now, T-Dub said:

Eh it seems more like the reluctant "they're ugly but they're mine" kind of running joke to me.  Pretty sure he hates Old Musty as much as anyone.  

He may hate ole musty Idk. I was kind of referencing(and you may have missed it)behind the scenes talk amongst them. Boomer iirc said something to the effect of damn I think they scored too fast. I didn't take that as a knock, rather I'm not trusting this game for the D as per how this game has flowed.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Think that was the point.  We've got Cody SoftCore out there dropping passes ahead of last year's 9th overall pick.

Exactly. In the 22 games he has been a Bengal he has 7 rec for 79 yards.  Epic.

Agree with all of the above.

Another good was Huber.

And Randy did his job when called upon.  More than I can say for some of the more high profile and highly paid players.

Seen enough of Core.  Its Tater Time.

Want to see how bad the injuries are tomorrow.  JacksonIII and Lawson.

Celebrating inbreds was hard to stomach.

Best fight I saw was outside the stadium on the way to The Banks.

Some Squeeler punched his girlfriend in the face.

No kidding.

OH... Marvin Sucks.

Well...I was there with my son and the beautiful for us was that we had a great time together, and as some of you may know, I don't have a lot of time on this Earth left unless a magical liver flies straight into my abdomen from a 25 year old motorcycle fatality victim.

Anyhoo, my observations:

Damn there were a lot of fag rag waving Shitstain fans at the game. There were also a lot of empty seats. We were in 203-N above the tunnel. For some reason, while the fans everywhere else stood the entire game, our section didn't and it made ME feel like a dick for doing so. C'mon guys, it's the fucking Stealers! Stand up and make noise!

AJ and Core's combined three drops early were a little problematic as I think they were all going to be first downs, but I attributed it to nerves and a slick ball from the rain.

It was pretty cold.

Dalton, despite his INT totals so far this season, is playing very composed football when it matters. Going 75 yards with 2 TO's and 2:30-ish on the clock is what a leader does.

I agree with those that claim we left too much time, specifically towards the out route to Green in the play immediately prior to the Mixon TD. We really should have run the ball there to get the clock moving. We never did use either of those 2 timeouts. We left too much time for a defense that was obviously struggling to get stops.

That Brown TD was a pick play and should have been flagged, and Dre's holding call was pretty skeptical. There was contact, but ongoing between them both, as had been occurring the whole game with no flags...until that moment. Fucking refs.

Green's struggles with ball security are an ongoing thing with him so far this season, and he needs to collect himself over it.

I have no idea how Jar Jar Shrimper managed to grab that ball from Dennard. I thought it was a pick at first. Speaking of which, Burfict dropped one too. We cannot keep dropping sure INT's as they alter the game flow so much when we get the ball back for the offense.

The stadium levitated off it's foundations due to crowd noise after Mixon's 4th quarter TD. At that moment two thoughts collided: "This game is in the bag!" and "Damn, Ben has 1:18 and three timeouts!".

If I had to say beautiful, I'd say going to a game with my son. Andy Dalton's play. Tyler Boyd and Mixon. The fact the Burfict is going to keep getting better as time goes on and he keeps playing.

Ugly: our defensive lack of pressure and out inability to cover a TE, which has been an ongoing issue for over a decade and with various defensive coordinators. 

Honestly, outside of Vontaze, our linebackers kinda suck. I also think Burdock is getting fined for his hit on Legohead, which was almost reminiscent of the 2015 playoff hit on that douchebag.

Honorable mention: in the grueling traffic on 75 on the way home (it took TWO HOURS for me to get home, and I live 40 minutes from PBS on a normal day), my son and I saw a really cool Ohio license plate on an SUV. I am sure you all have seen the Bengals "B" plates before. This was one of those, and the rest of his plate read "URFICT". It was awesome. 

I think this team, if it can get healthier as time goes on, and with more geling, could be an extremely tough bunch of players to beat.

What I don’t think my heart can handle is exactly what we need to see from this team:

Play the Stealers twice more this season. Win both.

Archived