The Beautiful Good Bad and Ugly Stealers at the Bengals... Bunghole Subaru Sponsored...

Good 

DALTON wow playing much better. 

Team is soild  

D was good. One bad play erased keeping the offense in the game by holding the very good offense of the Stealers to just 20 points over 59 minutes. 

Bad 

Another dud. Another missed opportunity. 

Ugly

CHEIFS up next. Looking like they could very well put up 50 any game. 

15 hours ago, kriZENry said:

Ugly: Time management on our last TD drive. Needed to run clock and make them use there three timeouts. At worst we kick an easy field goal to tie. Also the refs and Dre, please bench #27. 

I agree with the ugly time management, but a field goal would've done us no good. We were down by 6.

I am almost where Le Tigre is - after watching the Chiefs get hosed repeatedly against the Pats - why the fuck am I still watching? Now they are going to go after Mixon and Burfict, while no stealers will get punished.

Why don't they just send Randy Orton out there with a steel chair and hit Dalton on the last play of the game to cause a fumble, while the ref gets something in his eye and misses the whole thing?

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The one thing that bothers me is our healthy D-Line was almost a non factor against Big Jen.  He had all day to throw. Zero pressure the entire game.  Missed opportunity for sure. 

There was more Squeel holding than one of Kavanaugh's Rehoboth Beach Police Fan Club high school beach bashes.

The Squeel defensive holding and pass interference was off the board, too.

And they won the game on a blatant illegal pick that was ignored.

Total bullshit.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

There was more Squeel holding than one of Kavanaugh's Rehoboth Beach Police Fan Club high school beach bashes.

The Squeel defensive holding and pass interference was off the board, too.

And they won the game on a blatant illegal pick that was ignored.

Total bullshit.

Holding doesn't explain how our d line was getting zero push or why our d ends couldn't turn a corner. 

BTW, watching NE and KC play last night was a little humbling.  I think we have a decent team but we are nowhere near those 2.  Just imagine if Ross were anywhere close to receiver that Tyrek Hill is.   Of course Hill has only missed 1 game in 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

BTW, watching NE and KC play last night was a little humbling.  I think we have a decent team but we are nowhere near those 2.  Just imagine if Ross were anywhere close to receiver that Tyrek Hill is.   Of course Hill has only missed 1 game in 3 years. 

Agreed on humbling and I also drew the Hill vs Ross comparison/contrast on a couple of occasions.  I could not believe how Hill used his speed, especially on that TD catch/run where he got wide open, did the jump catch, and just blew past 2 defenders into the end zone.  Now THAT is game-changing "game speed"...both acceleration and flat out speed.

I'm still holding out hope for Ross, but man it's getting harder and harder to do with every passing week.

4 hours ago, schotzee said:

Marvin in his presser said that 58 min and 42 seconds of football was just how we drew it up. Unfortunately though we ran out of crayon.:rsju31uh9:

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

He always has had a problem with clock management.

I guess Marvin has never heard of "NFL's PLAY 60."

You might think after 15 years a head coach would learn basic clock management, but that assumes there are consequences for not doing it.  Most franchises have standards for the HC position. Clappy would have to go into the stands and start punching babies to get fired.

9 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Really Stealers always seems to have the Bengals number. It is time for the Bengals to really step and needing to want to win. 

I think everyone in the stadium & beyond expected the Stealers to march down the field and win at the end.  Getting over that is mental block is going to be very, very difficult.

I didn't watch much of the game and it wasn't a surprising result.  Neither side of the ball played well enough to win, especially with the shaky calls that went against us.  I can't only blame the refs when we get zero pressure all game and punt twice from Stealers territory in the 2nd half.  At the end of the day, the Bengals did have a lead late in the 4th quarter so it wasn't like they completely laid an egg.  The insult to injury were in fact all of the injuries, which are now reaching critical mass.  This week will probably be ugly unless the offense can score 40.  I don't see our defense having much of a chance being as banged up as they are. 

On 10/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, T-Dub said:

I think everyone in the stadium & beyond expected the Stealers to march down the field and win at the end.  Getting over that is mental block is going to be very, very difficult.

I did and I always expect something stupid to happen in that scenario. There's always at least a critcal ghost PI. It's like the refs get together before the drive and remind each other that if any play is close, fuck the bengals.

After further review ...

I don't think its so much the Squeelers beat us as we beat ourselves.  Again.  This has happened numerous times before, most recently the brawl last season.

Core dropped two out of the three passes thrown to him, one at least would have been a rather nice gain iirc.  A.J. had a drop, not sure if it was him or a high

throw from Andy but there was at least one miss.

How many dropped interceptions, again?

You make your own luck and play to take the officials out of the game and that didn't happen.  Again.

I guess add that to another trait of Marvinball.   He is clueless on the field and simply cannot prep this team

to play big games like prime time and Pittsburgh.

Who made the decision to cut Tate rather than Core?  Yeah, may slide him onto the practice squad but he can still be grabbed

by someone needing a big possession receiver or who can make him into a pass catching / no block tight end.

So what if Core plays special teams.  How good have they looked recently?  Russell could replace him there.

I fear another move that will come back to bite us in the ass.

Oh well... on to Kansas City.  In prime time.  The refs have all sent extra sets of yellow hankies to the cleaners to be ready for

Burfict and the rest of us.

At least I don't have to worry about driving home after the game at midnight.

I would not be at all surprised if the next  Pittsburgh game is flexed to prime time.

Archived