The Beautiful Good Bad and Ugly Stealers at the Bengals... Bunghole Subaru Sponsored...

20 hours ago, High School Harry said:

After further review ...

I don't think its so much the Squeelers beat us as we beat ourselves.  Again.  This has happened numerous times before, most recently the brawl last season.

Core dropped two out of the three passes thrown to him, one at least would have been a rather nice gain iirc.  A.J. had a drop, not sure if it was him or a high

throw from Andy but there was at least one miss.

How many dropped interceptions, again?

You make your own luck and play to take the officials out of the game and that didn't happen.  Again.

I guess add that to another trait of Marvinball.   He is clueless on the field and simply cannot prep this team

to play big games like prime time and Pittsburgh.

Who made the decision to cut Tate rather than Core?  Yeah, may slide him onto the practice squad but he can still be grabbed

by someone needing a big possession receiver or who can make him into a pass catching / no block tight end.

So what if Core plays special teams.  How good have they looked recently?  Russell could replace him there.

I fear another move that will come back to bite us in the ass.

Oh well... on to Kansas City.  In prime time.  The refs have all sent extra sets of yellow hankies to the cleaners to be ready for

Burfict and the rest of us.

At least I don't have to worry about driving home after the game at midnight.

I would not be at all surprised if the next  Pittsburgh game is flexed to prime time.

I'm almost 100% certain that AJ Green had two dropped balls on two consecutive targets from Dalton early in the game. Core had one, also earlier in the game. All three passes were going to be first downs, IIRC. All three passes were also perfect. Slick ball, I guess...and nerves over the seriousness of this rivalry,

As for dropped INT's, I'm not totally sure if you're talking about our offense or our defense, but the answer is the same: SEVERAL. Those are the type of "make your own luck" plays that directly impact the outcome of the game. We had two dropped INT's against the Steelers...and failed to recover the forced fumble on Vance McDonald (whom apparently has a side business giving piggyback rides to Vontaze Burfict). 

The ongoing saga with Marvelous Lewis and his clock management and decision making skills were on display last Sunday too. Not going for it on 4th and 1 in Stealers territory early in the third quarter after you had just scored a TD to tie the game at the end of the 1st half? C'mon man. The same drive you ran the ball on 3rd and 2 with...Walton? When Mixon was averaging 8 YPC up to that point, and isn't a rookie and has a bad habit of falling forward for extra yardage? C'mon man. In the same game against your hated rival and where momentum was so important? That game? Jeeez. 

Then follow up that clusterfuck with not ordering (or allowing) time to run off the clock via the play clock, staying in bounds or even...dare I say it...running the football? Talk about needing a doctorate in astrophysics to figure that one out. You've got two timeouts!

Marvin plays scared in some situations, situations where I think playing to win (crushing the opponents windpipe in a swift blow, etc) is called for, not crawling into the fetal "prevent" mode.

I don't understand cutting Tate at all. Both your 1 and 2 TE's are injured, there's been little John Ross to help open things up underneath, etc. We couldn't use a 6'6" tall wideout with a huge body and leaping ability in the redzone in the absence of both starting TE's? Really?

I know he was a seventh round pick and all, but if you liked him so much to keep him on your 53, and when you start to get depleted at pass catching positions on offense, at some point wouldn't you want to see what you have within a game when the score matters? Just a couple plays here and there? It's not like we're leading the league in third down conversions and red zone touchdowns.

Anyway, my "best post so far this year" nomination button is the heart-shaped box to your bottom right because the heart is where love comes from. And love, ladies and germs, is what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

8 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I'm almost 100% certain that AJ Green had two dropped balls on two consecutive targets from Dalton early in the game. Core had one, also earlier in the game. All three passes were going to be first downs, IIRC. All three passes were also perfect. Slick ball, I guess...and nerves over the seriousness of this rivalry,

As for dropped INT's, I'm not totally sure if you're talking about our offense or our defense, but the answer is the same: SEVERAL. Those are the type of "make your own luck" plays that directly impact the outcome of the game. We had two dropped INT's against the Stealers...and failed to recover the forced fumble on Vance McDonald (whom apparently has a side business giving piggyback rides to Vontaze Burfict). 

The ongoing saga with Marvelous Lewis and his clock management and decision making skills were on display last Sunday too. Not going for it on 4th and 1 in Stealers territory early in the third quarter after you had just scored a TD to tie the game at the end of the 1st half? C'mon man. The same drive you ran the ball on 3rd and 2 with...Walton? When Mixon was averaging 8 YPC up to that point, and isn't a rookie and has a bad habit of falling forward for extra yardage? C'mon man. In the same game against your hated rival and where momentum was so important? That game? Jeeez. 

Then follow up that clusterfuck with not ordering (or allowing) time to run off the clock via the play clock, staying in bounds or even...dare I say it...running the football? Talk about needing a doctorate in astrophysics to figure that one out. You've got two timeouts!

Marvin plays scared in some situations, situations where I think playing to win (crushing the opponents windpipe in a swift blow, etc) is called for, not crawling into the fetal "prevent" mode.

I don't understand cutting Tate at all. Both your 1 and 2 TE's are injured, there's been little John Ross to help open things up underneath, etc. We couldn't use a 6'6" tall wideout with a huge body and leaping ability in the redzone in the absence of both starting TE's? Really?

I know he was a seventh round pick and all, but if you liked him so much to keep him on your 53, and when you start to get depleted at pass catching positions on offense, at some point wouldn't you want to see what you have within a game when the score matters? Just a couple plays here and there? It's not like we're leading the league in third down conversions and red zone touchdowns.

Anyway, my "best post so far this year" nomination button is the heart-shaped box to your bottom right because the heart is where love comes from. And love, ladies and germs, is what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

Excellent post.

To quote Carlos Dunlap's interview where he quoted Mark Twain...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Marvin Lewis coaching.

Marvinball.

Or MikeandKatieball.  Continually extending the putz's contract and expecting different results.

And I *heart* Katie even if she does have short arms.

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

The whining squelers effect I presume.

yeah, when you can go to the nfl front office and the media to protest and cry like a little bitch. you can get what you want.especially if you are the shittburgh steeler, in this pussified version of the nfl.

If it were me I'd retire at the end of this season after ending Ben's career if somehow not suspended for that game & release a statement telling Goodell to find a new scapegoat.  He should have plenty of money by now. Why keep playing when your division rival gets to control your career? Could be on a beach somewhere relaxing on Sundays.

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If it were me I'd retire at the end of this season after ending Ben's career if somehow not suspended for that game & release a statement telling Goodell to find a new scapegoat.  He should have plenty of money by now. Why keep playing when your division rival gets to control your career? Could be on a beach somewhere relaxing on Sundays.

If he could end Ben and Ju Ju Boy careers Mike Brown could make Burfict game day LB coach for a $300K a year.  It would royally piss off the Stealers and the NFL front office.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

If he could end Ben and Ju Ju Boy careers Mike Brown could make Burfict game day LB coach for a $300K a year.  It would royally piss off the Stealers and the NFL front office.

Ohhhh...could he also run onto the field during skirmishes, trip people on the sidelines, and pull peoples hair?  You know the kinda stuff that Stealers coaches do?  Yeah, I already know the answer.

5 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Ohhhh...could he also run onto the field during skirmishes, trip people on the sidelines, and pull peoples hair?  You know the kinda stuff that Stealers coaches do?  Yeah, I already know the answer.

Yeah I always have a laugh imagining how their tune would change if he was a Steeler

Archived