Fight after the game...

50 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Jeez Louise with the hostility on here...

Personally I felt they lost the game at other moments:

Taking a 7-0 lead and allowing them to score 14 unanswered. Why? Why not put a foot on their throat.

Having to punt due to A.J. Green and Cody Core. If Cody Core is running routes, that tells you that you should be running the ball. Our guys dropped the passes, there guy made an unbelievable play to score a TD. That’s why they win.

Dropping interceptions. Despite having no pressure for the entire 60 minutes, Ben still manages to gift us 3 interceptions. We dropped all 3 (Burfict, Jackson, Dennard). On top of that, we forced a fumble and didn’t recover it. 

Being Marvinized every 3rd quarter. What’s the point of deferring when we may be the worst 3rd quarter team in football. WE HAD 4 YARDS IN THE 3rd QUARTER.

Who deserves to win a game when you do that?

snapping the ball with 17 seconds left on the play call on the final drive. Just why? Dalton has to be smarter than that. Time was NEVER going to be an issue. Let the clock run down to 1 second and get the game to underca minute. 

It comes down to Marvin Lewis’s teams never making the big plays when needed. The Stealers always make them against the Bengals. 

That's a BINGO!!

49 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Taking a 7-0 lead and allowing them to score 14 unanswered. Why? Why not put a foot on their throat.

Having to punt due to A.J. Green and Cody Core. If Cody Core is running routes, that tells you that you should be running the ball. Our guys dropped the passes, there guy made an unbelievable play to score a TD. That’s why they win.

Dropping interceptions. Despite having no pressure for the entire 60 minutes, Ben still manages to gift us 3 interceptions. We dropped all 3 (Burfict, Jackson, Dennard). On top of that, we forced a fumble and didn’t recover it. 

Being Marvinized every 3rd quarter. What’s the point of deferring when we may be the worst 3rd quarter team in football. WE HAD 4 YARDS IN THE 3rd QUARTER.

snapping the ball with 17 seconds left on the play call on the final drive. Just why? Dalton has to be smarter than that. Time was NEVER going to be an issue. Let the clock run down to 1 second and get the game to underca minute. 

It comes down to Marvin Lewis’s teams never making the big plays when needed. The Stealers always make them against the Bengals. 

Infuriating!! AJ caught a ball inside the red zone and went out of bounds to stop the clock also iirc.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I mean, it's not the 30 yards we gave up before that... We called a cover 0 with the game on the line and got burned.

I don't like the call, and I haven't seen the fight. But every time we lose, we have the same gaggle of people blaming the refs because they favor whomever.... Cam Newton, the Stealers, Joe Flacco's eyebrows...

Vontaze Burfict is a choir boy who just keeps getting screwed by the league because... Reasons. Roger Goodell doesn't like chihuahuas or some shit. Joe Mixon? You must be in a "contrary mood" to think that guy would EVER throw a punch! That's totally out of character for him!  The Stealers managed to hold all 4 D Linemen on every play the entire game! Geno and Dunlap are powerless if you just put your hands under their pads! They tried to cut block guys! Of course it's OK for someone to try and decapitate a WR because of that.... DUH!

It has nothing to do with them being in our heads so we do stupid shit. Nope, couldn't be.

And I'm sure it was Mixon in the fight - No one on defense showed any fight at all yesterday.

Exactly.  We scored 21 points against the 21st ranked defense at home and the two main reasons are our WRs dropped pass after pass and our RB who was averaging 6 yards a carry yesterday only carried the ball 11 times.  That is just garbage play calling and execution.  

It didn't help that some guy named Tony Mcrae was playing DB for us in the second half of that game.  I didn't know we had a Tony Mcrae on the team. 

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

just thought I would quote it again.. every bit of it is sad but true

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Exactly.  We scored 21 points against the 21st ranked defense at home and the two main reasons are our WRs dropped pass after pass and our RB who was averaging 6 yards a carry yesterday only carried the ball 11 times.  That is just garbage play calling and execution.  

It didn't help that some guy named Tony Mcrae was playing DB for us in the second half of that game.  I didn't know we had a Tony Mcrae on the team. 

Yeah , I remember McCrae was in at least one other game. Falcons maybe?

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think A.J. is being Marvinized.  Dropped balls, balls tipped up in the air for grabs.  Its almost like he's becoming ... mediocre.

Not to pile on, but there was one pass targeted for AJ that should have been intercepted by the Stealers...camera angle was from past the play...AJ just stood and watched.  Maybe at least get into position to make a tackle???  Fortunately, the Stealers DB dropped the ball.

On the other hand, AJ made some really nice catches on tough balls that weren't thrown right into his chest.

With all of the counter-apologia--well taken for the most part--that was the call right there which cost the game. Which is why I have advocated for many years that, if there is a replay system on the field, penalites and non-call penalties need to be made reviewable. 

This happens in other sport worldwide, why not in this league? Well, I already know why, so perhaps it is rhetorical.    

It's easy to criticize Burfict when you see the chit in slow motion. The NFL is moving towards two hand touch. What is Burfict supposed to do? Not hit the guy with the ball? 

Look at that Brady touchdown last night where the guy just let him go from fear of penalty.  

Football needs to be looked at like boxing is. You get a few years to play/fight at a professional level and anything after that your seriously risking long term brain injury, etc.  Instead they bend and modify the rules to accommodate players that are too old like Brady. 

I say expand the game day rosters to 70 players and let them start hitting again. Changing the rules because Brady or Manning jersey sells are off the charts and trying to keep those top name guys around longer is bad for the real game of football. 

9 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

It's easy to criticize Burfict when you see the chit in slow motion. The NFL is moving towards two hand touch. What is Burfict supposed to do? Not hit the guy with the ball? 

Look at that Brady touchdown last night where the guy just let him go from fear of penalty.  

Football needs to be looked at like boxing is. You get a few years to play/fight at a professional level and anything after that your seriously risking long term brain injury, etc.  Instead they bend and modify the rules to accommodate players that are too old like Brady. 

Just put him in a piss and black jersey and he'll be hailed as a hero.

7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I mean, it's not the 30 yards we gave up before that... We called a cover 0 with the game on the line and got burned.

I don't like the call, and I haven't seen the fight. But every time we lose, we have the same gaggle of people blaming the refs because they favor whomever.... Cam Newton, the Stealers, Joe Flacco's eyebrows...

Vontaze Burfict is a choir boy who just keeps getting screwed by the league because... Reasons. Roger Goodell doesn't like chihuahuas or some shit. Joe Mixon? You must be in a "contrary mood" to think that guy would EVER throw a punch! That's totally out of character for him!  The Stealers managed to hold all 4 D Linemen on every play the entire game! Geno and Dunlap are powerless if you just put your hands under their pads! They tried to cut block guys! Of course it's OK for someone to try and decapitate a WR because of that.... DUH!

It has nothing to do with them being in our heads so we do stupid shit. Nope, couldn't be.

And I'm sure it was Mixon in the fight - No one on defense showed any fight at all yesterday.

I hear you, man. The blaming the refs for everything schlock is tired and predictable.

In a close game, there are always gonna be what-ifs on both sides of the equation, and justifiably so. I read the explanation of the non-call on the pick and generally think it’s bullshit cover for the refs involved because what I remember seeing was the receiver initiating the contact, pretty clearly. However, if both players moved into each other at the same time, then it seems to be a matter of the intent of the offensive player...in that play, the intent was also clearly to impede the defender, not so sure why that doesn’t get discussed or added to the equation. 

Its another frustraing loss in a game we could and should have won against a team that must find a way to start winning against.

14 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

I say expand the game day rosters to 70 players and let them start hitting again. Changing the rules because Brady or Manning jersey sells are off the charts and trying to keep those top name guys around longer is bad for the real game of football. 

I didn't need slow motion... Someone on this board has a gif of Burfict taking the exact same type of shot at AB previously.

I'm a Bengals fan... I cringed, hoped it wouldn't get called.... But I also can't pretend I didn't see it.

The reality is that Football participation is way down in youth leagues, which means in 10 years we're going to have fewer and less talented players who want to play a game where head trauma is a given. Much like we've already seen in boxing. 

Also, much like boxing, people get turned off. More stories like Junior Seau committing suicide by shooting himself in the chest so his brain could be studied... Football has been a big part of my life, I played, I coached. It's tough for me to get pumped about a guy getting his bell rung now that I understand the long term consequences. And FWIW, I didn't let my son play, and I have talked several friends into not letting their sons play. At my age... Thank god I sucked. Aside from a bad right ankle and left wrist, I can still remember my kid's names.

And you know what? Play some damn defense instead of trying to hurt people maybe? Burfict injured one of ours on that play, and missed a tackle earlier going for a big hit instead of wrapping up. It's not even good fundamentals.

32 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Wasn't fight related, but Burfict not expected to be suspended per nfl.com.

nope,I just saw that shittburgh is crying to the commishern and the Nfl front office, that the Bengals threaten them. even after being gifted a win by the nfl officiating crew, these bastard still have the nerve to complain.

4 minutes ago, bigboi said:

nope,I just saw that shittburgh is crying to the commishern and the Nfl front office, that the Bengals threaten them. even after being gifted a win by the nfl officiating crew, these bastard still have the nerve to complain.

They have to play us again so just setting up the game now.......

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

The NFL almost never calls pick plays at the line of scrimmage.  Our DB should have never lined up outside their receiver and allow himself to get picked inside like that.    This shit goes on in every game and a good DB doesn't fall for it. 

Yep. They had shots to win the game. At one point Andy was 2-8 with 25 yds. Three of his incompletions were drive killing drops in Stealers territory, with two by one of the best to do it. Not the refs fault. I hate that shit when it's said. It's so fucking obnoxious and whiny. They lost. Didn't make the plays necessary. Pittsburgh once again did. They win and will continue to do so. 

As far as burfict goes, I do recall that play. It was sketchy. However, it's starting to get obnoxious with him too.  My girlfriend and I were driving back home from Cincinnati today and we were saying how low key the game was in terms of dirtiness and I said watch, by mid week, there will be something out about burfict. Didn't even get past Monday. 

6 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Yep. Nailed. 

39 minutes ago, bigboi said:

nfl ref, pick play should have been penalized.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/1647824002

ESPN's Max Kellerman was among national voices echoing that sentiment, suggesting the Stealers "should thank the refs" and that the "Bengals should've won that game."

This is nice to see...hopefully we can get a little more support in this regard.

Still, the solution to all this is to just start beating those guys. And, doing it in a way that leaves little up to the imagination.

55 minutes ago, bigboi said:

ESPN's Max Kellerman was among national voices echoing that sentiment, suggesting the Stealers "should thank the refs" and that the "Bengals should've won that game."

And some of our members here continue to just bend over and say "well,we should've made more plays etc etc yada yada.

4 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The reality is that Football participation is way down in youth leagues, which means in 10 years we're going to have fewer and less talented players who want to play a game where head trauma is a given. 

Is it though? I'll have to look that up on a national level. I have to assume that in states like PA, TX, FL and OH that it isn't true. Heck, my 13 year old son's 7th grade middle school team had fifty kids on the team. FIFTY!

1 hour ago, bigboi said:

That's great but having that penalty called wouldn't have necessarily won us the game. Remember they only needed a field goal and had at least one timeout. What's the penalty yardage for OPI? Ten yards? That would put them on the edge of FG range.

11 minutes ago, schotzee said:

And some of our members here continue to just bend over and say "well,we should've made more plays etc etc yada yada.

Well, that is actually true, but I agree in a general sense that refeering is sketchy at best and needs to be restrained from directly influencing games with bad calls or no calls.

Archived