Fight after the game...

1 hour ago, bigboi said:

nope,I just saw that shittburgh is crying to the commishern and the Nfl front office, that the Bengals threaten them. even after being gifted a win by the nfl officiating crew, these bastard still have the nerve to complain.

Dehner

Marvin Lewis on Al Riveron saying defender initiated contact: "In my opinion that's not true. The receiver is more than a yard inside the line of scrimmage, Tony (McRae) tries to slide inside and is contacted. That defines pass interference, OPI. Unless it's called it doesn't matter."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Terry McAulay
@SNFRules
My thoughts on Pit/Cin TD: The defender is sliding over to cover AB and puts his hands up to protect himself from contact. The offensive player squares up and engages/blocks the defender. Contact clearly occurs more than a yard beyond the line. This should be a foul.

Dpfpa4rWkAUR7VI.jpg.6a33cfba92c889fff88cdfe5cdde1763.jpg

I know this pic has been posted before but

1) defensive player squares up and blocks

2) contact is made more than a yard beyond the line of scrimmage, about three yards.

3) Marvin disagrees that McRae initiated contact.  Sure looks that way here.  He's being blocked by a Squeel.

Total bullshit call that cost us the game and the NFL caving and cowering to Tomlin.

Fucked by the refs and the NFL Powers That Be.  This would NEVER happen to New England or Pittsburgh.

The Chosen has fallen embarrassingly behind in the plan for them to win the Division and Goodell's goons

are going to make up for it.

Fuck the Stealers and the NFL Powers That Be.

Dunlap knew the pick play was coming, the Stealers offense is built around that kind of BS. 

Calling the jailbreak there was the equivalent of a table-flipping rage-quit tantrum from Austin.   How the fuck does Antonio Brown get matched up against some guy we pulled out of the stands? Our DC needs to get his shit together. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Dunlap knew the pick play was coming, the Stealers offense is built around that kind of BS. 

Calling the jailbreak there was the equivalent of a table-flipping rage-quit tantrum from Austin.   How the fuck does Antonio Brown get matched up against some guy we pulled out of the stands? Our DC needs to get his shit together. 

He does. 

But, sometimes you just gotta put your balls on the table.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

McCrae was actually on Hunter (the blocker).  WJIII was matched up on Brown.  Why WJIII gave him a 20 yd cushion at the line of scrimmage which explains why he doesn't even show up in the screenshot above is another question indeed.

5 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

McCrae was actually on Hunter (the blocker).  WJIII was matched up on Brown.  Why WJIII gave him a 20 yd cushion at the line of scrimmage which explains why he doesn't even show up in the screenshot above is another question indeed.

Clearly they weren't expected Brown to work the middle...which is pretty asinine. 

Except, time was of the essence...we were daring them to work the middle?

34 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

This isn't true.

McCrae was going to be responsible for AB.

AB was lined up behind Hunter.

McCrae's job was to get inside of Hunter and AB by any means necessary.

Jackson was on his own island, handling the entire outside area of the field. Whether that was Hunter or AB deciding to go to the outside.

McCrae had a fatal flaw in his technique. Once the ball is snapped, he initially takes a step to his left. Once he does that, Hunter has him locked up and AB is free and clear.

THERE WAS NEVER ANY REASON FOR HIM TO TAKE THIS FALSE STEP. THE BALL WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE GOING INSIDE AND McCRAE HAD NO OUTSIDE RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PLAY. THAT'S WHY JACKSON WAS THERE. McCrae's lack of poise and technique cost them mightily on that play.

Hunter certainly should've been flagged, BUT if McCrae does his job on that play, Hunter doesn't matter and it becomes a race between McCrae and AB to get to the ball. 

Belichick can pull an undrafted free agent off the street and have him execute this play flawlessly in the biggest moment of everyone's lives.

Marvin's undrafted free agent was ill-prepared for the moment. That's the difference between the two coaches. 

When you know from experience that WJIII essentially has Brown's number, and he's their best player whom had been having a relatively quiet day due to 432 passes thrown to TE's all game long due to Jackson's coverage...how in the fucking world do you not ensure that WJIII is covering Brown on EVERY PLAY. Where Brown goes, WJIII goes...in the slot, outside, as a TE, in the backfield...EVERYWHERE.

6 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

When you know from experience that WJIII essentially has Brown's number, and he's their best player whom had been having a relatively quiet day due to 432 passes thrown to TE's all game long due to Jackson's coverage...how in the fucking world do you not ensure that WJIII is covering Brown on EVERY PLAY. Where Brown goes, WJIII goes...in the slot, outside, as a TE, in the backfield...EVERYWHERE.

I agree that Jackson should shadow Brown, but having said that, the way Schuster plays against us, it probably doesn't matter.

On this play though, I think having Jackson cover the greater surface area on the field is fair.

Again, McCrae had one responsibility on this play and that was to immediately get inside leverage. 

Instead, he immediately takes a step to his outside and the game is over.

I actually didn't hate the play call as much as other ppl did.

I realized the game was over once Dre was called for the penalty on 3rd down.

Boswell never misses against us and I doubt that was going to change right then and there. 

59 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Clearly they weren't expected Brown to work the middle...which is pretty asinine. 

Except, time was of the essence...we were daring them to work the middle?

Pittspuke still had 2 timeouts.  They were only trying to get 5 or so more yards by throwing a safe pass to their best receiver.

Isn't it somewhat ironic that some of the same members who constantly complain about how our players suck are the same members who imagine that the only way we could possibly lose a game is in collusion with Rodger Goodell, the Clinton foundation, a taco stand in Los Cruces, and every referee in the NFL?

15 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Isn't it somewhat ironic that some of the same members who constantly complain about how our players suck are the same members who imagine that the only way we could possibly lose a game is in collusion with Rodger Goodell, the Clinton foundation, a taco stand in Los Cruces, and every referee in the NFL?

I'm OK with most of the players only I think Marvin sucks and has short arms.

Marvin and Will Jackson on the play:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/15/2018-cincinnati-bengals-notes-marvin-lewis-nfl-disagree-opi/1651746002/

On Monday, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis disagreed with Riveron. 

"That’s not true," Lewis said. "In my opinion, that’s not true. 

"The receiver is more than a yard from the line of scrimmage, Tony is trying to slide inside and is contacted," Lewis said. "Again, that defines pass interference – OPI." 

Veteran NFL referee Terry McAuley took the Bengals side on Sunday night

“The defender is sliding over to cover AB and puts his hands up to protect himself from contact,” he wrote. “The offensive player squares up and engages/blocks the defender. Contact clearly occurs more than a yard beyond the line. This should be a foul.”

What can’t be argued, though, is the Stealers took advantage of the Bengals’ defensive call to blitz and, according to Andrew Hawkins, “bad technique on the coverage.” 

The former Bengals wide receiver broke the play down via a video on Twitter Sunday night. Hawkins says the Bengals “top hat coverage,” indicated by McRae tapping his helmet pre-snap, played into the Stealers hands because McRae was matched up with Brown without inside leverage and had no help in the middle of the field. 

MORECincinnati Bengals' DC Teryl Austin on TD play call: 'We're going to play aggressively'

It also hurt that Brown, Hunter and Ben Roethlisberger recognized what the Bengals were doing, Hawkins and Cincinnati cornerback William Jackson agreed.

"Big Ben being a veteran guy, he knew what we were in and checked to the play that we were in," Jackson said. "Big ups to Big Ben for being a great guy and knowing the defense."

Jackson, who was also lined up opposite Brown and Hunter on the play, came to McRae's defense. 

"Tony (was) just put in a hard spot there was nothing he can do about it," he said. "We communicated what we were going to do. A guy 6-3 is running right at you, what can you do about it? Can’t do nothing about it.

"I don’t like the pick thing going on. Tony, he didn’t initiate the contact. The guy just ran into him. He didn’t run a route. He just ran into him. I just don’t like the way the NFL put that together." 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SO .... Whom do you agree with: Marvin the Magnificent, William Jackson III and Ol' High School

OR the Pittsburgh Cheetas, their officiating crew and the NFL Powers That Be to pussy and paid off to go against the inbred troglodytes and further derail them from their chosen spot atop the division?

Are you a Bengal fan or a Steeler fan?

*drops mic*

*picks mic back up*

Oh yeah, rare props to Marvin for publicly coming out against the ruling of the NFL goon squad.

I would not be surprised if he was fined.

*drops mic, again*

28 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Marvin and Will Jackson on the play:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/15/2018-cincinnati-bengals-notes-marvin-lewis-nfl-disagree-opi/1651746002/

On Monday, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis disagreed with Riveron. 

"That’s not true," Lewis said. "In my opinion, that’s not true. 

"The receiver is more than a yard from the line of scrimmage, Tony is trying to slide inside and is contacted," Lewis said. "Again, that defines pass interference – OPI." 

Veteran NFL referee Terry McAuley took the Bengals side on Sunday night

“The defender is sliding over to cover AB and puts his hands up to protect himself from contact,” he wrote. “The offensive player squares up and engages/blocks the defender. Contact clearly occurs more than a yard beyond the line. This should be a foul.”

What can’t be argued, though, is the Stealers took advantage of the Bengals’ defensive call to blitz and, according to Andrew Hawkins, “bad technique on the coverage.” 

The former Bengals wide receiver broke the play down via a video on Twitter Sunday night. Hawkins says the Bengals “top hat coverage,” indicated by McRae tapping his helmet pre-snap, played into the Stealers hands because McRae was matched up with Brown without inside leverage and had no help in the middle of the field. 

MORECincinnati Bengals' DC Teryl Austin on TD play call: 'We're going to play aggressively'

It also hurt that Brown, Hunter and Ben Roethlisberger recognized what the Bengals were doing, Hawkins and Cincinnati cornerback William Jackson agreed.

"Big Ben being a veteran guy, he knew what we were in and checked to the play that we were in," Jackson said. "Big ups to Big Ben for being a great guy and knowing the defense."

Jackson, who was also lined up opposite Brown and Hunter on the play, came to McRae's defense. 

"Tony (was) just put in a hard spot there was nothing he can do about it," he said. "We communicated what we were going to do. A guy 6-3 is running right at you, what can you do about it? Can’t do nothing about it.

"I don’t like the pick thing going on. Tony, he didn’t initiate the contact. The guy just ran into him. He didn’t run a route. He just ran into him. I just don’t like the way the NFL put that together." 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SO .... Whom do you agree with: Marvin the Magnificent, William Jackson III and Ol' High School

OR the Pittsburgh Cheetas, their officiating crew and the NFL Powers That Be to pussy and paid off to go against the inbred troglodytes and further derail them from their chosen spot atop the division?

Are you a Bengal fan or a Steeler fan?

*drops mic*

*picks mic back up*

Oh yeah, rare props to Marvin for publicly coming out against the ruling of the NFL goon squad.

I would not be surprised if he was fined.

*drops mic, again*

I think it’s likely everyone is right here.

But, a penalty is a penalty and that play was a penalty that didn’t get called. Unfortunately, you never know what would have happened next.

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

There is no fault. I don't disagree but at the same time you can still criticize bs calls. Would the stealers still have at least gotten a field goal to win? Probably but you just never know. 

And again, various people have various perspectives and everybody is at least partly right.

26 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

And again, various people have various perspectives and everybody is at least partly right.

Yep

It's never just one thing and it's all been covered here. I think foremost if we could figure out a way to pressure Ben, it's a different game (and we had better figure that our before December).

If our offense didn't stall in the second half, we stay ahead of them. If Mcrae makes the right first step he has a chance. And finally, if the refs call what should be an easy PI, they at least don't score on that play. All pieces of the puzzle.

This team played pretty good yesterday and lost to the team I hate the most. They still have 10 games to go and are still in good shape. I'd like to think this defense will get better as we get players back and everyone has more time in this system.

Andy Dalton is playing about as well as any quarterback in this league. If he keeps that up we should always be in contention.

As disappointed as I was yesterday, I'm still excited for this team. As Bellicheat would say.............on to the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

There is no fault. I don't disagree but at the same time you can still criticize bs calls. Would the stealers still have at least gotten a field goal to win? Probably but you just never know. 

Offensive pass interference results in a 10-yard penalty, which would put the ball at the 41 yard line.  That equates to a field goal distance of 59 yards.  With 10 seconds to go, they would have likely had only one play to improve their position.  Considering that they have had problems converting PATs, I'd like our chances there (at least our chances would be better than this: receiving a kickoff with 10 seconds left, down by seven).

The NFL's explanation that it wasn't OPI because the defender initiated the contact is pure bullshit...black and yellow bullshit. 

:1018:

19 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Offensive pass interference results in a 10-yard penalty, which would put the ball at the 41 yard line.  That equates to a field goal distance of 59 yards.  With 10 seconds to go, they would have likely had only one play to improve their position.  Considering that they have had problems converting PATs, I'd like our chances there (at least our chances would be better than this: receiving a kickoff with 10 seconds left, down by seven).

The NFL's explanation that it wasn't OPI because the defender initiated the contact is pure bullshit...black and yellow bullshit. 

:1018:

Lol. Yeah I know, but ya have to let it go. Hopefully they can pull out a nice bounce back win in KC and I think everyone will feel much better again about the season.

Well, what I see from this is more of that the Stealers actually won the game, rather than the Bengals losing the game.   Yes, OPI should have been called, and probably would be game, set, match.  Sucks that after the fact,  everyone, including the refs, know that they blew a call that directly decided the game.   But blame goes to everyone--other than that clutch drive by Dalton to put the Bengals ahead,  we didn't do enough to win.   Our lackluster play let the opponent stay in the game and also get into a situation where all it was gonna take was one play.

Hopefully we learn from it and use it to our advantage against KC.   Lord knows we need it now.  We lost out of our chance to solidify first place for a few weeks, but we have our chance when we see those cats in their house,  and there is precedence where Andy and crew do go into the Ketchup Bottle,  we do actually take advantage (see 2012, week 16 I think).   In the standings, having a head to head win against KC can turn out to be more valuable than PIT.

Archived