Could DC Austin be cut loose?

20 hours ago, Jason said:

No Price, Eifert, Bernard, Kroft, or Ross is “fairly healthy”?

Nobody expected Eifert to stay healthy. Gio is our 2nd RB behind Mixon who played. Price's replacement has played ok. Ross has 7 career catches and is a #3WR.  Kroft is certainly a loss since he is the next guy up for Eifert but that is only 1 player.

Dre Kirkpatrick. Don’t look now, but Kirkpatrick has become one of the best corners in the NFL in terms of incomplete passes on targets. Of the 34 cornerbacks in the NFL who have been targeted at least 30 times, Dre Kirkpatrick leads the league in smallest percentage of completions allowed. Kirkpatrick has allowed 16 completions on 40 targets. That’s a 40 percent completion rate. The next closest are Dallas’ Morris Claiborne at 43 percent and Kansas City’s Orlando Scandrick at 46 percent. Kirkpatrick is still the eighth most targeted corner in the NFL overall, but nobody has sent the opposing team back to the line of scrimmage at a higher rate.

Interesting as he continuously receives hate on here.  Unsure how big those 16 completions were, but its still interesting.  Demonstrates the fickleness of fans in general.  

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Nobody expected Eifert to stay healthy. Gio is our 2nd RB behind Mixon who played. Price's replacement has played ok. Ross has 7 career catches and is a #3WR.  Kroft is certainly a loss since he is the next guy up for Eifert but that is only 1 player.

Sorry, but the other guy is more right than you are. Justify all you want, depth counts if not playmakers. 

53 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Sorry, but the other guy is more right than you are. Justify all you want, depth counts if not playmakers. 

We have lost one offensive starter for the season,  a guy nobody was really counting on. Price and Gio will be back soon.  In the NFL after 6 games, that is very good unless it is a starting QB.

13 minutes ago, SF2 said:

We have lost one offensive starter for the season,  a guy nobody was really counting on. Price and Gio will be back soon.  In the NFL after 6 games, that is very good unless it is a starting QB.

I think you're moving the goal posts a little. The disagreement was specific to you saying we were fairly healthy on offense in the Pitt game and when I saw that Jason questioned it and pointed the guys that were out  I found myself agreeing that wasn't really fairly healthy.

2 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I think you're moving the goal posts a little. The disagreement was specific to you saying we were fairly healthy on offense in the Pitt game and when I saw that Jason questioned it and pointed the guys that were out  I found myself agreeing that wasn't really fairly healthy.

We are fairly healthy in the world of NFL football.  No major long term losses other than Vigil.  Paying Eifert $5mil was a pure crap shoot.  We lose a left tackle, Mixon or one of our corners in the next 2 games and it will be an issue. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

We are fairly healthy in the world of NFL football.  No major long term losses other than Vigil.  Paying Eifert $5mil was a pure crap shoot.  We lose a left tackle, Mixon or one of our corners in the next 2 games and it will be an issue. 

Yeah I don't think there was anyone expecting Eifert to be available for much more than a couple games if that. Sad probable ending for the guy at least with us.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The poster was stating that 21 points without all those guys, at present, wasn’t *so* bad, he wasn’t mentioning anything about moving forward. I might we might be Kroft-less moving forward, in the absence of Eifert. Say what you will about Kroft but he did produce last year.

21 points against the Stealers isn’t that bad...it was almost enough to win the game. I like how you feel positive about moving forward and getting guys back, because I share some of your optimism. I think this team has a different feel to it. I think they are fighting more, despite being down men frequently, than I have seen under a Marvin Lewis team in a long time.

32 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

The poster was stating that 21 points without all those guys, at present, wasn’t *so* bad, he wasn’t mentioning anything about moving forward. I might we might be Kroft-less moving forward, in the absence of Eifert. Say what you will about Kroft but he did produce last year.

21 points against the Stealers isn’t that bad...it was almost enough to win the game. I like how you feel positive about moving forward and getting guys back, because I share some of your optimism. I think this team has a different feel to it. I think they are fighting more, despite being down men frequently, than I have seen under a Marvin Lewis team in a long time.

Yeah SF moved the goal posts and then he moved em again. You'll get used to it.:lol:

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

We are fairly healthy in the world of NFL football.  No major long term losses other than Vigil.  Paying Eifert $5mil was a pure crap shoot.  We lose a left tackle,

And there's Glenn on the injury report with a bad ankle, right on cue.  Who could've seen that coming besides everyone?

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

If you don't want to count Eifert, you can't judge our offense by what he was with him.  Gio is our primary 3rd down back and MUCH better than Walton at this point.  Especially at picking up blitzes.  Yes, Hopkins has played well.  Imagine him instead of Redmond and Price at center.  Ross is valuable for more than just his stats.  Because of his speed he has to be accounted for.  And he is much better than Malone and Core at this point.  And without 2 TEs, and Gio that makes a difference.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

If you don't want to count Eifert, you can't judge our offense by what he was with him.  Gio is our primary 3rd down back and MUCH better than Walton at this point.  Especially at picking up blitzes.  Yes, Hopkins has played well.  Imagine him instead of Redmond and Price at center.  Ross is valuable for more than just his stats.  Because of his speed he has to be accounted for.  And he is much better than Malone and Core at this point.  And without 2 TEs, and Gio that makes a difference.

I am not saying it doesnt at all.  My point was and still is that the team is "fairly" healthy. I never said we are 100% healthy which is almost impossible in the NFL. Losing Vigil this weekend definitely hurts though.   If Kroft and Dennard are out this weekend, it becomes a bigger problem.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

That's the scary part.  These two look pretty useless.  They appear to be a couple of athletes who they hope turn into football players.  Frankly, so is Ross. 

I think they should look for more WRs that are football players. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

I never said we are 100% healthy which is almost impossible in the NFL. Losing Vigil this weekend definitely hurts though.  .... I wonder if we will get to see Papa John's Jefferson this week?  I don't have any faith in him but wondering how much worse he can be than Nickerson.  Hell of a bad place to start your NFL career but he has to start somewhere and some time.

If Kroft and Dennard are out this weekend, it becomes a bigger problem.  .... They are 

On 10/17/2018 at 8:51 AM, SouthPaw said:

Dre Kirkpatrick. Don’t look now, but Kirkpatrick has become one of the best corners in the NFL in terms of incomplete passes on targets. Of the 34 cornerbacks in the NFL who have been targeted at least 30 times, Dre Kirkpatrick leads the league in smallest percentage of completions allowed. Kirkpatrick has allowed 16 completions on 40 targets. That’s a 40 percent completion rate. The next closest are Dallas’ Morris Claiborne at 43 percent and Kansas City’s Orlando Scandrick at 46 percent. Kirkpatrick is still the eighth most targeted corner in the NFL overall, but nobody has sent the opposing team back to the line of scrimmage at a higher rate.

Interesting as he continuously receives hate on here.  Unsure how big those 16 completions were, but its still interesting.  Demonstrates the fickleness of fans in general.  

Interesting indeed. I wonder how many of those completions resulted in a first down or touchdown?

Archived