On to Kansas City

I wonder if the league wants the Andy Dalton led Cincinnati Bengals to win or the new face of the NFL for the next 15 years, the Patrick Mahomes led Chiefs to win?  Its a tough choice but I think the home team will have a slight advantage from the Zebras. 

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Waived Auden Tate?? Unbelievable. They should have given him at least a chance to play in a real game before doing so. Core should've been cut imo or Malone.

7 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Waived Auden Tate?? Unbelievable. They should have given him at least a chance to play in a real game before doing so. Core should've been cut imo or Malone.

I have to believe they did that just to make room with intention of resigning him to the practice squad (at least I hope)

28 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Aww. Gotcha. Just swapping him and the db they just brought up basically.

Yeah, the article says they are going to try to fly him under the radar and get him to the practice squad.

Still, I don't get it.  Big target who can catch the ball.  Sounds like the poor man's tight end but we don't

ask our tight ends to block very much, anyway.

With our injuries going into the game we should be able to activate about all of the former practice squad guys, anyway.

Out:

Billy

Geo 

Kroft

Vigel

and its only Thursday and lots of time for Ross to hurt himself before Sunday.

3 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Kansas City is known to bend over backwards for their visitors...

Untitled.jpg

They're so open.  So warm and inviting.  So willing to take you in and hold you tightly.

Great Googly Moogly.

False advertising.

Everyone knows Pittsburgh is the asshole of the world.

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Yeah, the article says they are going to try to fly him under the radar and get him to the practice squad.

Still, I don't get it.  Big target who can catch the ball.  Sounds like the poor man's tight end but we don't

ask our tight ends to block very much, anyway.

With our injuries going into the game we should be able to activate about all of the former practice squad guys, anyway.

Out:

Billy

Geo 

Kroft

Vigel

and its only Thursday and lots of time for Ross to hurt himself before Sunday.

I think based on Dennard missing practice again today, he will also be out. I'm guessing that's why they promoted KeiVarae Russell to the 53 man roster. Good news is that Shawn Williams practiced (limited). This team is pretty banged up right now.

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

KC not in Cincy's head. W for us.

I would agree...if they had beaten the Patriots.  They didn’t.

i hope I’m wrong, but I think this is going to be an ugly one...won’t even come close to covering the spread (6 pts last I heard),

[...cue the Debbie Downer reply.]

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

I wonder if the league wants the Andy Dalton led Cincinnati Bengals to win or the new face of the NFL for the next 15 years, the Patrick Mahomes led Chiefs to win?  Its a tough choice but I think the home team will have a slight advantage from the Zebras. 

Get ready for a mysterious defensive holding penalty against Geno Atkins. Was that ever explained the other day?

29 minutes ago, saphead said:

Get ready for a mysterious defensive holding penalty against Geno Atkins. Was that ever explained the other day?

He plays for the Cincinnati Burficts, what more explanation do you need?  Big Ben could have been killed! Burfict should be in jail!!

Well, I've got some good news, and I've got some bad news...

GOOD NEWS
The Chiefs defense is giving up the most yards per game and 6th most points per game

Bengals have the #6 scoring offense in the league

KC is giving up the 2nd most passing yards per game (340.3) and the most 20+ yard passing plays (31 in six games)

Joe Mixon in 3rd in the NFL in yards per game and has a 4.7 ypc average

Kansas City is giving up a whopping 5.4 yards per run play

Bengals have won the last five games against the Chiefs

The Chiefs have taken 50 offensive penalties (2nd most in the NFL)

Andy Reid has never beaten Marvin Lewis

Eric Berry won't be back for this game

BAD NEWS

Bengals have a 9-31 record in primetime under Marvin Lewis

The Chiefs have given up a league low 6 sacks in six games

We are going to have to listen to Chris Collinsworth slurp Patrick Mahomes dick all night

Kansas City is averaging 35.8 points per game 

Chiefs are 5th best at converting on 3rd down, Bengals are 2nd worst at stopping on 3rd down

KC's special teams are good, scary good

The Bengals are pretty banged up on both sides of the ball

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Joe Mixon in 3rd in the NFL in yards per game

Would probably be #1 if we didn't go pass-wacky against the Stealers... but it's what we do in those situations, for whatever reason.

We are going to have to listen to Chris Collinsworth slurp Patrick Mahomes dick all night

full stop.

14 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I think based on Dennard missing practice again today, he will also be out. I'm guessing that's why they promoted KeiVarae Russell to the 53 man roster. Good news is that Shawn Williams practiced (limited). This team is pretty banged up right now.

You are right and I agree.  I knew I was leaving off someone.

Archived