The Official Bengals vs Chiefs Game Thread...

...and for those who bash the defense I'll remind you we are playing a very good offense but very shitty defense and we can't score more points than we have right now...  More blame resides on someone else rather than solely on the defense or defense coach... 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I mean, we didnt really think we are in the same league as KC or NE, particularly on the road did we? 

no... but this is just gross

reminds me of the late 90's/early 2000's

I had season tickets for 15 years and only left early twice... both were in 99 in back to back home games

Chargers and Ram... both games were like 28-0 and 28-3 at the half and could have been worse.

this game feels like that... just terrible terrible defense

Just now, Numbers said:

...and for those who bash the defense I'll remind you we are playing a very good offense but very shitty defense and we can't score more points than we have right now...  More blame resides on someone else rather than solely on the defense or defense coach... 

Tony Dungy agrees with you!

Man, what a terrible game.  Our D can't tackle, Burfict for once in his career looks like he' "being careful", and it's making him look like shit.  The non-punt that Fej decided to one-hand was particularly interesting.

Despite all that, we shouldn't be down this much.  KC's defense is crap; they've done plenty of boneheaded things themselves; the difference is bad defense calls, Mahomes and the refs.  On one of our first plays they let Scandrick ride AJ like a fucking donkey with no call.  On D, the line has been getting fucking raped from the start.  When Mahomes ran for the one first down on the first drive, Johnson got the most obvious, most commonly called hold in football (grabbing "outside" shirt of the last guy on the line who's trying to chase the QB/RB) - nothing.  Twice Lawson has been basically horse-collared as he ran toward Mahomes, nothing (and one was on a TD).

This is partially game-tilting, partially defensive players being fucking paralysed because they don't know what an actual tackle is anymore.  You can just see guys terrified that they might graze the fucking QB, or the head of a running back or receiver.  On one play Dunlap ended up on the ground, looked to his left and sees Mahomes there beside him, and almost shit his pants, jumping back like "oh shit am I touching him right now??".  This isn't football boys, and it's worthless.  Next step: WWE.

Archived