Burfict "Dirty Play" vs Chiefs?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vontaze-burfict-involved-another-dirty-play-chiefs-170231830.html

Was Vontaze Burfict involved in another dirty play against the Chiefs?

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict always seems to find himself in the middle of controversy. Burfict has been involved in a number of questionable plays over the years, some of which have resulted in large fines. If the latest internet conspiracy theory is correct, Burfict may have added yet another fineable play to his résumé against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

The moment in question took place after Burfict tackled Chiefs running back Spencer Ware by the ankle. Some people who watched the game thought Burfict intentionally twisted Ware’s ankle after the play.

Burfict tackled Ware by his left ankle. After the two are on the ground, Burfict rolled over while still holding on to Ware.

That sequence left a number of people on social media wondering if Burfict once again tried to intentionally injure another player.

Upon first glance, it looks a little strange, but that doesn’t make Burfict guilty. Ware’s reaction, however, could reveal some of the story. Both players exchanged words following the play. It’s possible Ware was upset because he thought Burfict was trying to do something extra after the tackle.

If that is the case, it wouldn’t be the first time Burfict twisted another player’s ankle during a game. The 28-year-old was fined $25,000 after a 2014 game against the Carolina Panthers. During the contest, Burfict twisted Cam Newton’s ankle and Greg Olsen’s ankle on separate plays.

Given Burfict’s reputation, the NFL could take another look at the play. If the league determines Burfict intended to injure Ware after the tackle, he could be subject to yet another fine.

Burfict is no stranger to having his film reviewed by the league. The linebacker was fined $112,000 after the NFL determined Burfict was involved in two illegal hits against the Pittsburgh Stealers in Week 6.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Can't get the video clip to post.  Anyone?  Its in the source if you want to check it out.

Basically, its his ankle tackle of Spencer Ware.  Does he twist and try to take out his ankle?

What will Obstrumfuhrer Goddell and the NFLstopo think when they see this?

Herr Goddell is not known for being objective when it comes to Cincinnati in general

and Vontaze in particular.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vontaze-burfict-involved-another-dirty-play-chiefs-170231830.html

2 minutes ago, phillybengal said:

I saw it live and kind of cringed. I can't say he twisted it or anything, but I was thinking he held on to it a little too long and someone was going to say something about it....

Exactly.  Same thing here.  But it was so out in the open and Ware just jumped up and trotted off with nothing said.

Still, the question is how will the NFL Powers That Be view it especially with Burfict a marked man.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Exactly.  Same thing here.  But it was so out in the open and Ware just jumped up and trotted off with nothing said.

Still, the question is how will the NFL Powers That Be view it especially with Burfict a marked man.

Ware did not simply trot off. He seemed a little pissed.  It looked like he did twist it a bit though. Not heinous but for Burfict...

9 minutes ago, saphead said:

Jesus fucking chocolate covered Christ. It's gonna be like this every week now with the angry twitter mob mentality. We live in very stupid times. 

It won't stop until he goes to another team. Like they stopped crying about Suh after he left Detroit.

38 minutes ago, Hooky said:

It won't stop until he goes to another team. Like they stopped crying about Suh after he left Detroit.

It won't stop until he stops doing stupid shit.  I am surprised they haven't said anything about him body slamming Kelce as well. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

It won't stop until he stops doing stupid shit.  I am surprised they haven't said anything about him body slamming Kelce as well. 

It won' t stop until this stops being a pussified league, which will be never.

Unfortunately this is the world we now live in. With social media and tons of douche bags with nothing else to do but record the game and search for

anything that looks suspect - here we are.

I will always support Burfict as long as he's a Bengal but I think some of his missed tackles and half ass play was him trying not to get in trouble. On top of that, there was at least one play where he got "blocked" to the ground twice within 5 seconds.

By the way - that's how they used to handle guys who crossed the line - on the field (back when they let them play football).

I don't think he will ever be able to get out of the crosshairs.

Sad but he did some of this to himself. I hate even saying that considering how much of that shit has been a one way street - coming our way.

We finally get a badass and he's public enemy No.1

3 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

Unfortunately this is the world we now live in. With social media and tons of douche bags with nothing else to do but record the game and search for

anything that looks suspect - here we are.

I will always support Burfict as long as he's a Bengal but I think some of his missed tackles and half ass play was him trying not to get in trouble. On top of that, there was at least one play where he got "blocked" to the ground twice within 5 seconds.

By the way - that's how they used to handle guys who crossed the line - on the field (back when they let them play football).

I don't think he will ever be able to get out of the crosshairs.

Sad but he did some of this to himself. I hate even saying that considering how much of that shit has been a one way street - coming our way.

We finally get a badass and he's public enemy No.1

This is where I'm at with this.   I watched a lot of football yesterday and saw LOTS of extra-cirricular and after the play crap from several players on every team I watched.  It's always been a part of football forever and despite the NFL trying to turn the game into flag football, it will continue for a while.  Burfict is under a microscope, and is in a no win situation.  I saw LOTS worse yesterday that will be forgotten and/or not even looked at a 2nd time, whereas Burfict is guilty and all they need a little sniff of proof to convict.  Contrary to what others have said recently regarding the KC game, it's the defense that's the disappointment this year.  Was anxiously awaiting Burfict's return so we'd get our balls back.  But now it's obvious that the NFL has already neutered him mentally, and anything more is simply a targeted witch hunt in my opinion.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Players hang onto and roll with ankles ALL THE TIME.  In most cases, it's because they're trying to buy the defense a rest.  Other times it's because the RB's on the other team have been escaping your tackles all day and you're trying to hold them up for your teammates to finish the play (I seem to recall this happening yesterday, A LOT, yes?)  When Burfict did it to Newton years ago, I think that was "bad Burfict".  Knuckling guys in the nuts, kneeing Ben in the ribs, diving for a TE's ankles away from the play, those are all "bad Burfict".  Yesterday was nothing.  If he wanted to hurt these guys, *they would be hurt*.  You can argue Burfict is stupid unless he never does anything that remotely can be construed as dirty (or "would have been dirty but for some reason it wasn't even though I'm sure he tried") ever again, but that creates "ineffective Burfict", who we saw glimpses of yesterday.  The fine clearly got to him, which is its intended effect, right?  It should make him less "dirty".  The fact this ankle grab is even a story proves it doesn't *matter* that the fine "worked", Burfict simply can't win this.  

Opponents constantly bait him, with impunity (and I don't mean with words - watch very closely what Steeler o-linemen do to him, almost every play).  The talking heads watch every play he's involved in in slo-mo, trying to find a way to make it *look* dirty, like *maybe* he was *trying* to hurt someone, even though he DIDN'T!  It came out that the league would have suspended him over the slo-mo, non-dirty, not-against-the-rules play that everyone assumes he was trying to injure someone on, but the former players who listen to appeals were guaranteed to overturn it, so the league did the one thing they do with impunity - fine him.  Precious few former players stick up for him, and NONE of the non-playing talking heads do.  But regardless of all that, the one thing that tells you the league doesn't give a shit if he's playing within the rules or not, is that they don't tell the refs to punish the players who bait him.  They get away with it probably 90+% of the time.  That means the league is perfectly happy with teams baiting him, and they are completely dishonest actors in this supposedly two-sided effort for him to play in a "safer" way.

To me Burfict has two choices here - try to be like Shawn Williams was yesterday, say "fuck it" and start punishing people with hard football tackles, with an edge.  His other choice, sadly, is start playing patty-cakes and collect his paycheque every week, being ineffective but avoiding fines.  I don't think he should try to fit into a way of playing where he's trying to stay on the edge of *being* a real football player, because he'll only get what he's getting now - constant accusations and piling on by the media and Steeler-affiliated talking heads, and fines regardless of whether he actually did anything illegal or not.  If I was him I'd probably choose the second choice, because he actually has a family and has a responsibility to them.  If he can't do that, as a man, then he should retire and become a coach, which I'd also totally respect.

Does anyone here actually think there's a way to play football, *for Vontaze Burfict*, that allows him to play at a high level but also avoids any kind of accusations of foul play?  I think many here have it right that the only way is if he plays for one of the Stealers or Pats.  Go ahead and say "well other players avoid these things, why can't he?".  Yeah right, ok, so the guy who tackled Eifert - you think he meant to shatter his fucking ankle?  What do you think would be done if Burfict tackled a guy and that happened?  I will 100% guarantee you he'd be suspended for a whole season, maybe more.  How can he avoid freak injuries?  How can he avoid brushing a guy's helmet?  He can't, unless he stops playing actual football.  That's the issue, and the league doesn't give two shits.  They have to AT LEAST stick to outcomes alone, and stop this fucking Thought Police bullshit.

The Stealers have cried enough to where a linebacker is being roasted in the media for not hitting players gently enough. Meanwhile Stealers continue diving at knees and being their typical dirtbag selves without comment.

I'm finding myself starting to tune out again.

I have heard people say that the Stealers are inside the Bengals heads....well I don't think there's any doubt that Vontaze Burfict is inside their head. It's like the spoiled kid in school that runs over people and Bullies people. They are used to having their way. Then when someone finally gives them a dose of their own medicine, they run to the principal's office crying foul. What a bunch of pussies.

59 minutes ago, Bengal Cat said:

I have heard people say that the Stealers are inside the Bengals heads....well I don't think there's any doubt that Vontaze Burfict is inside their head. It's like the spoiled kid in school that runs over people and Bullies people. They are used to having their way. Then when someone finally gives them a dose of their own medicine, they run to the principal's office crying foul. What a bunch of pussies.

Exactly what it is.. 

Next football game you watch, try to count how many times a runner has their foot or ankle turned.  When players not named Burfict do that it's called a "tackle".

6 hours ago, schotzee said:

Turning against Burfict our own? Those of you who are,  i hope he does end up on the stealers and breaks whoever Cincy's qb's knees are. All you guys that are supposed fans of this team , but just keep piling on make me fucking sick.

Did the refs tamper with his steroid tainted piss test? I think not.

20 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Did the refs tamper with his steroid tainted piss test? I think not.

Yeah you're right, he should be burned at the stake.  Julian fuckin Edelman was suspended the first 4 games of this season for PED's but he's still Got a Good Motor & Does Things the Right Way.

5 hours ago, Bengal Cat said:

Burfict is in their heads?  How many games in a row has Burfict won vs the Sqeualers?    Yeah. 

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah you're right, he should be burned at the stake.  Julian fuckin Edelman was suspended the first 4 games of this season for PED's but he's still Got a Good Motor & Does Things the Right Way.

Julian Edelman does have a long history of recorded vicious dirty hits stretching back to high school. Its hilarious that you think every NFL team passed on the guy 7 times because they didnt realize how good he was.  He has been fined 13 fucking times and suspended 3 times.  Since 2014 Suh has been fined once for $9k. Burfict has been fined 9 times and suspended 3 times.  Oh I know, everyone is out to get the Bengals. The reality is Burfict is and always will try to get away with cheap bs like a minor ankle grab. The rules have changed and just about everyone else is smart enough to adapt, except Burfict. If he is incapable of playing with the new rules find another player. The Stealers dumped Mitchell knowing he had no more checks to cash and was useless under the new rules.

45 minutes ago, schotzee said:

The story used to go about how many off the field arrests those dastardly Bengals had. Oh well they seemed to have cleaned that up so we'll start a new agenda about how dirty all their players are on the field. Advantage whining sqeuulers again.

No, its just one, not all the players.  Burfict has absolutely earned this just as Pac Man earned his reputation for off the field BS.  He is no different than Bill Romanowski or Richie Incognito.  He can fix his reputation if he wants to but he just can't seem reign in the extra curricular and needless shit he had done all his life.  Fact is he looks pretty average out there which is a  bad thing since the only reason we put up with his stupid shit in the first place was he was absolutely dominant at times. 

Archived