Burfict "Dirty Play" vs Chiefs?

57 minutes ago, SF2 said:

No, its just one, not all the players.  Burfict has absolutely earned this just as Pac Man earned his reputation for off the field BS.  He is no different than Bill Romanowski or Richie Incognito.  He can fix his reputation if he wants to but he just can't seem reign in the extra curricular and needless shit he had done all his life.  Fact is he looks pretty average out there which is a  bad thing since the only reason we put up with his stupid shit in the first place was he was absolutely dominant at times. 

But, But, But....the league hates............nonsense.  Burfict is a shell of himself.  Not saying that he isnt a targeted man, he is.  However, he put that target squarely on his own back.  The only thing I say though is, i hate it when Stealers fans ( and i live amongst a shit ton of them) act as if their team isnt dirty.  I can admit that Burfict is, why cant you admit to your teams bullshit.  I love how i saw on twitter a picture of JuJu standing over Burfict last year and the caption was something like, "let us not forget the day JuJu stood up for his teammates."  That is bullshit.  They are dirty as well.  However, they are winners.  The Bengals are simply not.  Winning cures all.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Julian Edelman does have a long history of recorded vicious dirty hits stretching back to high school. Its hilarious that you think every NFL team passed on the guy 7 times because they didnt realize how good he was.  He has been fined 13 fucking times and suspended 3 times.  Since 2014 Suh has been fined once for $9k. Burfict has been fined 9 times and suspended 3 times.  Oh I know, everyone is out to get the Bengals. The reality is Burfict is and always will try to get away with cheap bs like a minor ankle grab. The rules have changed and just about everyone else is smart enough to adapt, except Burfict. If he is incapable of playing with the new rules find another player. The Stealers dumped Mitchell knowing he had no more checks to cash and was useless under the new rules.

Oh I thought we were talking about PED's not how vicious dirty etc..  Either way he's not the only one doing any of this stuff.  He's just the one getting punished for it, and most of that has been the result of the Stealers throwing fits like a possum in a sack. Poor, poor Ben.  Our best LB since Spikes and you're fine with him getting run for playing good old-fashioned Stiller football.  They want to suspend him for things they think he tried to do? Shitbags diving at his knees and he's the only dirty one.

:shrug:

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh I thought we were talking about PED's not how vicious dirty etc..  Either way he's not the only one doing any of this stuff.  He's just the one getting punished for it, and most of that has been the result of the Stealers throwing fits like a possum in a sack. Poor, poor Ben.  

No we are talking about  Burfict.  Fined 12 times and suspended  twice for dirty play / dangerous hits and fined once and suspended 4 games for PEDs.  Same guy. 

No, he isn't the only one doing this shit, but he is the only one who has EVER been fined 13 times.  Plenty of others are getting punished for it.  Almost everyone caught using PEDs gets 4 games, just ask the other TWELVE guys who have received the exact same punishment THIS YEAR as Burfict and the other 10 guys who got 2 games for smoking pot. 

Suh was just as bad as Burfict at one point but finally figured it out and has only had one $9000 fine in 4 years for an excessive face mask.  

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh I thought we were talking about PED's not how vicious dirty etc..  Either way he's not the only one doing any of this stuff.  He's just the one getting punished for it, and most of that has been the result of the Stealers throwing fits like a possum in a sack. Poor, poor Ben.  Our best LB since Spikes and you're fine with him getting run for playing good old-fashioned Stiller football.  They want to suspend him for things they think he tried to do? Shitbags diving at his knees and he's the only dirty one.

:shrug:

Give it up Dub. You're not gonna change the wrong opinions. But bravo for trying. You're efforts might be better spent trying to piss up a drainpipe.

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

The story used to go about how many off the field arrests those dastardly Bengals had. Oh well they seemed to have cleaned that up so we'll start a new agenda about how dirty all their players are on the field. Advantage whining sqeuulers again.

Grab that tinfoil hat!

12 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Give it up Dub. You're not gonna change the wrong opinions. But bravo for trying. You're efforts might be better spent trying to piss up a drainpipe.

Grown ups blaming the refs and the league constantly.  And when they couldnt this week due to the score, they brought up how he's not the only one to continue to alleviate responsibility.  Guy pulled over with 30 pounds of weed in his trunk.  But, but, but (insert whine) it was an unlawful search.  Good God.  I get it, its frustrating to constantly hear the same shit about the Bengals.  If they want it to change then they better start to routinely win the games "teams like" patriots and "teams like" Stealers do.  

Face it.  The Bengals fucking stink when it counts.  That continues to be evident.  They lost to KC because they arent as good at executing.  They lost against Pittsburgh because they arent as good at executing......routinely.  Period.   

My point further illustrated.

NFL Super Bowl updated

Rams 8/5

Chiefs 5/1

Patriots 6/1

Saints 8/1

Vikings 12/1

Chargers 14/1

Stealers 18/1

Texans 25/1

Ravens 25/1

Packers 30/1

Panthers 30/1

Eagles 40/1

Jaguars 50/1

Falcons 50/1

Redskins 50/1

Bengals 50/1

Bears 60/1

Cowboys 80/1

Lions 80/1

Seahawks 100/1

Essentially the same record between all three teams.  Cincinnati has already beaten the Ravens and "routinely" have their number in the regular season.  However, there is zero faith that it extends beyond just a regular season nor is there any reason to believe that Cincinnati winning regular season games enough to get them into the playoffs will manifest into anything more than just a playoff berth.  

12 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Grown ups blaming the refs and the league constantly.  And when they couldnt this week due to the score, they brought up how he's not the only one to continue to alleviate responsibility.  Guy pulled over with 30 pounds of weed in his trunk.  But, but, but (insert whine) it was an unlawful search.  Good God.  I get it, its frustrating to constantly hear the same shit about the Bengals.  If they want it to change then they better start to routinely win the games "teams like" patriots and "teams like" Stealers do.  

Face it.  The Bengals fucking stink when it counts.  That continues to be evident.  They lost to KC because they arent as good at executing.  They lost against Pittsburgh because they arent as good at executing......routinely.  Period.   

You've convinced me I'm now a Titans fan.  Go Oilers!

44 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah we are wrong to think your best player should properly play the game within the new less violent rules so he doesn't get suspended.  Oh, I know the league is going to hell because they are making it way too soft.  Maybe if you paid any attention to what is going on,  the league's has ONLY  option is to make the game safer or it will be LITIGATED out of existence. 

And guess what, the league is Quarterback driven.  The money comes from guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers winning shit.  That is why the new(er) guys like Wentz, Mayfield, Mahomes and Newton get some much ink:  They are the future and sell the BUSINESS.   That is why we get no respect in this league because we have a mediocre at best franchise QB and a fucking 16 year MILK Toast as our head coach.  Nobody respects you if you shit yourself and go 0-7 in the playoffs as a head coach.   

And nobody wants to play against a guy who doesn't give a shit about their safety i.e. Vontaze Burfict and wants to take out marquee players who again, SELL THE BUSINESS.  The players are trying to make money and achieve some level fame playing a violent sport.  They all realize the risk however, the last thing they want to do is play against a guy who is intentionally trying to hurt them. 

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yeah we are wrong to think your best player should properly play the game within the new less violent rules so he doesn't get suspended.  Oh, I know the league is going to hell because they are making it way too soft.  Maybe if you paid any fucking to what is going on,  the league's has ONLY  option is to make the game safer or it will be LITIGATED out of existence. 

And guess what, the league is Quarterback driven.  The money comes from guys like Brady, Brees and Rodgers winning shit.  That is why the new(er) guys like Wentz, Mayfield, Mahomes and Newton get some much ink:  They are the future and sell the BUSINESS.   That is why we get no respect in this league because we have a mediocre at best franchise QB and a fucking 16 year MILK Toast as our head coach.  Nobody respects you if you shit yourself and go 0-7 in the playoffs as a head coach.   

And nobody wants to play against a guy who doesn't give a shit about their safety i.e. Vontaze Burfict and wants to take out marquee players who again, SELL THE BUSINESS.

I wish i had more hands to give this post more thumbs up.  

5 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I'm on board too. Bum Philips is still head coach right?

Nope.  He's dead silly.  Been about five years now.  Only ties to NFL is his son, Wade, who is currently the defensive coordinator for "teams like" Rams.  He is aided by an unstoppable offense and an upstart 32 year old head coach, but nevertheless, he is apart of whats becoming a winning culture.  One can only hope, right?  

10 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Nope.  He's dead silly.  Been about five years now.  Only ties to NFL is his son, Wade, who is currently the defensive coordinator for "teams like" Rams.  He is aided by an unstoppable offense and an upstart 32 year old head coach, but nevertheless, he is apart of whats becoming a winning culture.  One can only hope, right?  

Ahh bummer. Actually I knew he was out of coaching but didn't realize he'd died. Yeah, my oldest brother is longggg time Rams fan. Hmmm maybe I change my username to RF2! :lol:

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Oh, I know the league is going to hell because they are making it way too soft.  Maybe if you paid any attention to what is going on,  the league's has ONLY  option is to make the game safer or it will be LITIGATED out of existence

Where do I sign? 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah we are wrong to think your best player should properly play the game within the new less violent rules so he doesn't get suspended.  Oh, I know the league is going to hell because they are making it way too soft.  Maybe if you paid any attention to what is going on,  the league's has ONLY  option is to make the game safer or it will be LITIGATED out of existence

Well, that's just absurd.  The litigation exists because *former* players believe (correctly) that the league not only didn't "protect" them in those old days, they *actively* tried to cover up the real medical concerns that were becoming very apparent, and up until even now the league doesn't adequately cover their medical bills.  A very simple solution to that is make a clear contract for every player that they sign away their health concerns, as long as the league covers them going forward.  You might argue those medical costs have been calculated to be too much to bear, but I imagine that will still be the case regardless of these new magical rules that do nothing to actually prevent accumulated head injuries.

There are a couple of real reasons for this:  one of course is the bottom line, and they need to protect "the stars".  The other real reason is because the game itself (in full, across all levels) is in jeopardy because *parents* are concerned for their *kids*.  The sport is dying, and this is their attempt to mitigate that.

I guess this deserves a "duh".  Of course it's QB driven, of course they protect them, of course they protect *whatever* makes them maximum dollar.   Hence, the safety rules. This notion that we get no respect because our QB isn't good enough is just stupid because we had Carson for years, and if you didn't notice they just made a "Football Life" special for the guy, pumping up some ludicrous notion that he's a HOF candidate.  Why weren't we the darlings of the NFL when he was around?  How about after 2015 when Dalton was the highest rated QB in the NFL?  No, the reason we get no respect is two-fold: we're a small market with a small fan base and were absolute trash for over a decade, earning us a lovely stigma, and the NFL HATES MIKE BROWN (just like we do).  They and their extended number in the media won't do anything to "help" or pump up the Bengals until he's gone, I'm almost certain of it.  I don't believe they're actively doing anything to *harm* the Bengals, but they certainly won't give a shit about them until they win something.  The argument against that is this strange need to pump up Mayfield (who hasn't done shit and is on a horrid team), but I think that speaks to the marketability of a QB - and Andy "Goob" Dalton certainly isn't that.

And nobody wants to play against a guy who doesn't give a shit about their safety i.e. Vontaze Burfict and wants to take out marquee players who again, SELL THE BUSINESS.  The players are trying to make money and achieve some level fame playing a violent sport.  They all realize the risk however, the last thing they want to do is play against a guy who is intentionally trying to hurt them. 

Now, this may be true, but true or not, can there be any surer sign that this game is dying that you even mention it at all?  In the past, ANY contact sport was played with the *express knowledge* that EVERY opponent was trying to intentionally hurt you.  Period.  The challenge was in still defeating that opponent regardless of their intentions, but coupled with the knowledge that YOUR teammates were ALSO trying to hurt the other team, and if someone hurts *you* they will have to pay, on the field, in one way or another.  That is all gone from NFL football and it has diminished considerably in hockey (probably the most obvious example of the above).  Now, I know your argument is that somehow Burfict is going outside the rules and that's what these opponents are really scared of.  That's of course also not true, because players were given a rude awakening when the first head-shot-based rules came in, because EVERYBODY targeted the KNEES instead.  Uh-oh, career-ending hits everywhere, but totally legal!  The other argument against all this is that Burfict *didn't break any rules*!!!  I mean ffs his arm *grazed* AB's helmet! GRAZED!!!  This is all based on some notion that he was "reckless" and "meant to" hit him in the head, but *failed*.  Meanwhile some dumbfuck on the Chiefs runs helmet first into Mixon's face, and all we hear is Collinsworth praising the guy and not a peep afterward that this guy did something illegal or dangerous or tried to kill him or end his career.  Sure Burfict bought himself some scrutiny, but it sure hell shouldn't be "ok you better not ever hit a guy hard or I'm going to assume you meant for him to leave in a body bag".  That's fucking bullshit.

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

This notion that we get no respect because our QB isn't good enough is just stupid because we had Carson for years, and if you didn't notice they just made a "Football Life" special for the guy, pumping up some ludicrous notion that he's a HOF candidate.  Why weren't we the darlings of the NFL when he was around?  How about after 2015 when Dalton was the highest rated QB in the NFL?  No, the reason we get no respect is two-fold: we're a small market with a small fan base and were absolute trash for over a decade, earning us a lovely stigma, and the NFL HATES MIKE BROWN (just like we do).  They and their extended number in the media won't do anything to "help" or pump up the Bengals until he's gone, I'm almost certain of it.  I don't believe they're actively doing anything to *harm* the Bengals, but they certainly won't give a shit about them until they win something.  The argument against that is this strange need to pump up Mayfield (who hasn't done shit and is on a horrid team), but I think that speaks to the marketability of a QB - and Andy "Goob" Dalton certainly isn't that.

The whole Carson thing was centered on one thing: Pity.  They felt bad that the hunky USC Heisman darling had to suffer playing for Mike Brown.

The important thing to remember is Carson Palmer didnt accomplish shit here.  He had 1 great season and a couple of good seasons at best. That is it. Leading a shitty franchise to the playoffs 2 times  (both losses) isnt HOF worthy.  He isnt Kurt Warner, not even close.

Dalton is a lifetime mid teens QB.  One very good season, the rest mid teens.  Yawn.

The league hates Mike Brown because he is the quintessential Alligator armed owner in sports history. Dude does nothing for the league but cash revenue sharing checks.  

If Vontaze Burfict was just a hard-hitting motherfucker knocking snot bubbles out of opponents due to the sheer force of his violent hits and getting flagged, I'd have no problem with the guy. The problem is that he is a dirty bastard who head hunts, twists legs, punches nuts, stands over fallen players and takes liberties after the whistle. I've got no time for that. And neither does the league. Between suspensions and injuries, the guy has played in 39 of 80 possible games over the past five years. Look at his numbers from his first two years. The guy was a menace. Now he's just a cheap shotting liability. It's too bad. He could have been great.

Archived