Important question

38 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Obviously an 8-legged turtle with '96 painted on the top of his head (2 legs not shown due to angle)...makes sense to me!

Jesus, how did i miss it? And turtles are the perfect draft emblem, because, you know, uh, they way they select insects to eat....finally, I can sleep again.

The 1996 NFL draft was held in New York City inside Madison Square Garden (MSG) at the Paramount theater (now called Hulu theater).   MSG has basically 5 main entrances and 1 other entrance which are the 6 "legs" on the drawing.   Inside the theater is a prominent screen towards the front which would be the screen in the picture of the Draft logo.  The world of football revolved around Madison Square Garden that day and is symbolized by the football circumnavigating MSG...

Note:  There are actually 2 VIP entrances now and not sure how many existed then. 

1_MSG_Knicks_Seatmap_1750x9842-960x540.png

MSG_Simple_Seatmap_1590x890V2-copy-960x540.jpg

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Great research. I was just goings to note that the scoreboard-like appendage, along with the gate/corridor offshoots, were referencing some NYC stadia. I was going to mention the Meadowlands, but that doesn't fit.

It is guess work but it seems to fit sorta.   There would (technically) be an underground access to MSG (from Penn Station) too.  I've only been there 3 times so I'm definitely not an expert. 

Archived