Still makes me sad

5 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Seeing Whit on another team.

Dude, same.  Even aside from the mess it made of our OL I just don't know how you let a talent & leader like that walk.  I guess he didn't pour ketchup the right fucking way.

18 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Seeing Whit on another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Dude, same.  Even aside from the mess it made of our OL I just don't know how you let a talent & leader like that walk.  I guess he didn't pour ketchup the right fucking way.

Yeah....that move was the final straw proving the idiots upstairs are clueless.

I remember some saying it was a bad move for Whit. 

6 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I remember some saying it was a bad move for Whit. 

Gotta suck being 8-0  :D

I might have questioned the move myself, but the Rams weren't much at the time.  Glad it worked out for him though, can't honestly say it would've been better here.

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

The focus of this off season HAS to be fixing the O-line.  Whit and that Rams line are good.  Ran the all on 3rd and 6 and got it.  I think I would move Cordy to RT, and draft LT and RG in the first 3 picks.

Glenn has been fine at LT.  I agree the right side needs to be replaced.  The reality is player for player the Rams have better players at every offensive position except AJ Green.

The Chiefs are that much better than us as well.  Mixon and AJ Green are the only players who would get decent playing time on offense.

We have an ok team but its not going anywhere post season with our current O-line and linebacker situations 

I can haz a sad due to Whit's departure. One of my favorite Bengals EVER, consummate pro, awesome (and underappreciated) at his job, a team leader in the locker room...and you let him walk over a year on his contract because you were worried about his age? Fuck you, Mike Brown, Marvin and whomever thought letting him go and ushering in the regime led by Cedric Ogbuehi was a good idea. Fuck you.

10 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

I can haz a sad due to Whit's departure. One of my favorite Bengals EVER, consummate pro, awesome (and underappreciated) at his job, a team leader in the locker room...and you let him walk over a year on his contract because you were worried about his age? Fuck you, Mike Brown, Marvin and whomever thought letting him go and ushering in the regime led by Cedric Ogbuehi was a good idea. Fuck you.

This. If Cedric or Fisher were decent players the decision would have made some sense.  When they let Whit go I figured the coaches must really be seeing improvement. Boy that was a terrible assumption 

Favorite Whit moment was when he threw Chad Johnson out of the huddle when Chad was having a temper tantrum.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I have to assume Alexander is gone because of it.  At least that's what I like to tell myself, otherwise  :46:

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

This. If Cedric or Fisher were decent players the decision would have made some sense.  When they let Whit go I figured the coaches must really be seeing improvement. Boy that was a terrible assumption 

Favorite Whit moment was when he threw Chad Johnson out of the huddle when Chad was having a temper tantrum.

My favorite Whit moment was when he got ejected in a home game along with Eric (?) Henderson after dude tried to gouge his eyes out. Whitworth was FIRED UP and so was the crowd as he headed for the tunnel.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

My favorite Whit moment was when he got ejected in a home game along with Eric (?) Henderson after dude tried to gouge his eyes out. Whitworth was FIRED UP and so was the crowd as he headed for the tunnel.

Yep - that's the one I always think of too.

Some of the blame should go to Alexander but more of it goes to MB. If you want to understand why the Stealers always seem to maintain consistency you just have to look at their approach to the OL. They recognize the value and have maintained a good one for a while now. MB in his cheapness has managed to create the mess we have now.

12 hours ago, Numbers said:

Are we still allowed to blame Alexander  ?

For what? General incompetence? Sure. The Bengals are averaging. 27.6 ppg this year. I would say the line is improved over the train-wreck last year. It's not a great line, and maybe not even good on balance, but I think they are average, and that's enough to give this team a chance. At least a chance if the defense wasn't historically terrible.

For what? General incompetence? Sure. The Bengals are averaging. 27.6 ppg this year. I would say the line is improved over the train-wreck last year. It's not a great line, and maybe not even good on balance, but I think they are average, and that's enough to give this team a chance. At least a chance if the defense wasn't historically terrible.
It was a reference to letting Whitworth go. Alexander convinced management that he could be replaced. Oddly enough though, it was probably not Alexanders decision but most likely Whitworths decision to leave.

"And then when I realized I was open to moving, and moving on to a new challenge, I really wanted to be away from Cincinnati’s situation. I wasn’t as keen on going somewhere where’d I play Cincinnati and be around it. I wanted to go far away and kind of have a fresh start."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/3/14/14916488/andrew-whitworth-leaving-bengals-competitive-offer

Sent from my 2PS64 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, Numbers said:

It was a reference to letting Whitworth go. Alexander convinced management that he could be replaced. Oddly enough though, it was probably not Alexanders decision but most likely Whitworths decision to leave.

"And then when I realized I was open to moving, and moving on to a new challenge, I really wanted to be away from Cincinnati’s situation. I wasn’t as keen on going somewhere where’d I play Cincinnati and be around it. I wanted to go far away and kind of have a fresh start."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/3/14/14916488/andrew-whitworth-leaving-bengals-competitive-offer

I don't think the piano player was that smart.  I am sure it was the same folks who thought John Ross was a good #9 pick.

If you remember the Bengals only gave Whit a 1 year extension in 2015.  Pacman Jones who is only 1 or 2 years younger got a 3 year deal in 2016.  When the Bengals only offered a another one deal in 2017 he said fuck that.  I remember him saying he went somewhere he felt wanted. 

44 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Whit was offered an extra 2 years and way more guaranteed money.  The Bengals offered him an INCENTIVE ladden $11mil 1 year deal.  The Rams offered him a 3 year $33.75 mil deal with $15 mil guaranteed. 

Of course it was Whitworth's decision to leave.  It was a no brainer.  Even if something happens this year (injury) he will have made $25 mil over 2 years.  

Keep in mind he played under Marvin for 11 years and even yesterday, the commentators admitted that he has been totally overlooked and had been a great player for a long time with the Bengals.  He is from Monroe, Louisiana, its an armpit. The guy will probably end up coaching somewhere but I don't think he wanted it to be in Cincy.   At the end of the day, he took WAY more money to play for a young guy and organization that obviously impressed the hell out of him.   He is also part of something new that is being built in LA.  Way better than being part of a extended legacy of utter mediocrity in Cincy. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

The focus of this off season HAS to be fixing the O-line.  Whit and that Rams line are good.  Ran the all on 3rd and 6 and got it.  I think I would move Cordy to RT, and draft LT and RG in the first 3 picks.

I would bet the 1st pick is going to be a CB.

We almost (and I say almost) never pick one side of the ball with the 1st pick in back to back years. And with Denard in his contract year, I'd bet money we draft his replacement with our first pick.

42 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

If you remember the Bengals only gave Whit a 1 year extension in 2015.  Pacman Jones who is only 1 or 2 years younger got a 3 year deal in 2016.  When the Bengals only offered a another one deal in 2017 he said fuck that.  I remember him saying he went somewhere he felt wanted. 

Soooo much this. Whit who was perennial all-pro, great leader, long time Bengal, and a cornerstone position... And they decided it was better to resign a scrap heap reject who couldn't go an offseason without getting arrested.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

We almost (and I say almost) never pick one side of the ball with the 1st pick in back to back years. And with Denard in his contract year, I'd bet money we draft his replacement with our first pick.

If DQ leaves a first round CB wouldn’t surprise me at all. But they did draft 2 this year. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Naah, we only pick CB in the first round in even numbered years. :)

Kirkpatrick in 2012

Dennard in 2014

Jackson in 2016. 

Archived