Bye Week Thread

19 minutes ago, Cat said:

I only got to see the highlights. How the FUCK do their WR's get that open behind our secondary? Twice, no less?

I was thinking the dead horse Marvengals constant of his career no matter who is OC, DC or position coaches.

Half time adjustments.

Tampa Bay picked up something and made them (along with a new quarterback).

And we did not.  Or at least have a clue about how to counter them.

No communication between Kirkuseless or second stringer, Phillips, and the safeties leaving a huge hole.

Also time to realize Shawn Williams is not very good.

Just finished watching Marvelous Marv Lewis’s post game presser... what a dick! The next time anything is his fault will be the first. He gets out-coached in the second half of every football game and continuously blames “our guys”. This man makes an ass of himself, on and off the field, every week. He is the laughing stock of the NFL. He is arrogant and condescending in his remarks to our own reporters. The only one he respects is the lady and I guess that’s cool and all, but if I was Lap, I’d like to just walk up to the mic and drop him. 

And what’s with the awkward smile and laughing that randomly comes out? I mean... take your job seriously for crying out loud. Show me a little Belichick or Sean McVay. No, our guy is a tool. He is not a good football coach. He just seems half weird. Like, I don’t know if he’s ever sucked one before, but he’s definitely had one in his mouth. In fact, he might just be really good at it... why else would he keep this job for so long?

13 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Just finished watching Marvelous Marv Lewis’s post game presser... what a dick! The next time anything is his fault will be the first. He gets out-coached in the second half of every football game and continuously blames “our guys”. This man makes an ass of himself, on and off the field, every week. He is the laughing stock of the NFL. He is arrogant and condescending in his remarks to our own reporters. The only one he respects is the lady and I guess that’s cool and all, but if I was Lap, I’d like to just walk up to the mic and drop him. 

And what’s with the awkward smile and laughing that randomly comes out? I mean... take your job seriously for crying out loud. Show me a little Belichick or Sean McVay. No, our guy is a tool. He is not a good football coach. He just seems half weird. Like, I don’t know if he’s ever sucked one before, but he’s definitely had one in his mouth. In fact, he might just be really good at it... why else would he keep this job for so long?

You think Belichick is not a tool?

Have you watched a Belichick press conference?

30 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

I'm curious who we are going to get back after the bye.

Price looks to be the only injured guy that appears ready for the Saints. Running back Giovani Bernard (knee) looks to be a maybe ….

Lawson ended up with the club’s fifth ACL tear of the season. It started with rookie guard Rod Taylor going down on one of training camp’s first snaps in pads and then rookie safety Trayvon Henderson, defensive tackle Ryan Glasgow and tight end Mason Schreck. It’s believed to be the most in the last two decades. In the five previous seasons they had a total of six.

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-third-down-first-priority-lewis-won-t-talk-hue-torn-acls-rip-through-ro

Here is a little more info

One bye week question we know is out there is who will replace Carl Lawson when he goes on IR.

Brandon Bell, Andrew Brown and Chris Worley are our practice squad LBs and DL and I don't have a lot of confidence in them.  However, if Worley was brought up to replace Nickerson I would be OK with that.

I would like to see Brandon Tate but, of course, they would not bring up a WR to replace a defensive player.

So what next and who?

Dumpster dive for an unsigned free agent?  Wallace Gilberry retired but he could probably be talked out of it... God help us.  So who is out there?

Old Steeler Lawrence Timmons is out there.  Is he worth a temp job for what he can bring as far as leadership and knowledge of the Squeels?

Not sure who else.  Rob someone else's practice squad?  Maybe.

So that's some bye week drama definitely going to happen, replacing Lawson.

50 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This just in

Dre Kirkpatrick gave up another 3rd down against the bye.

This just in:

Rookie wide receiver John Ross continues to hurt himself.  Hopefully, he will play better in his third rookie season in 2019.

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

One bye week question we know is out there is who will replace Carl Lawson when he goes on IR.

Brandon Bell, Andrew Brown and Chris Worley are our practice squad LBs and DL and I don't have a lot of confidence in them.  However, if Worley was brought up to replace Nickerson I would be OK with that.

I would like to see Brandon Tate but, of course, they would not bring up a WR to replace a defensive player.

So what next and who?

Dumpster dive for an unsigned free agent?  Wallace Gilberry retired but he could probably be talked out of it... God help us.  So who is out there?

Old Steeler Lawrence Timmons is out there.  Is he worth a temp job for what he can bring as far as leadership and knowledge of the Squeels?

Not sure who else.  Rob someone else's practice squad?  Maybe.

So that's some bye week drama definitely going to happen, replacing Lawson.

I would consider Timmons honestly

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

This just in:

Rookie wide receiver John Ross continues to hurt himself.  Hopefully, he will play better in his third rookie season in 2019.

Sad thing is this seems to be the case with most of our 1st rounders lately.

Price is out with a foot injury

Ross is out with a groin injury

WJ3 missed his rookie year with a torn peck

Ced O injured his ability to ever be a NFL level Tackle.

Wonder if some of it is just the transition to playing in the NFL and the kind of strength and conditioning you need in it vs college?

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Sad thing is this seems to be the case with most of our 1st rounders lately.

Price is out with a foot injury

Ross is out with a groin injury

WJ3 missed his rookie year with a torn peck

Ced O injured his ability to ever be a NFL level Tackle.

Wonder if some of it is just the transition to playing in the NFL and the kind of strength and conditioning you need in it vs college?

The reality is the great receivers know how to use their speed and guys like Ross don't.  A Formula 1 driver knows how to accelerate, brake and accelerate again.  They don't rev the engire over the redline.  At the end of the day most F1 cars are put back in the trailer and hauled to the next race. 

A dragster ie Ross goes from zero to top speed in a matter of seconds.  Once the race is over, a top fuel dragster's engine is shot and needs to be rebuilt.  Ross in nothing more than a dragster.  He only has 2 speeds, On and Off.  The problem is when you are that fast, all you do is break and pull shit.  Unless he figures out how to use his speed, he will be in the shop most of his career. 

The best sprinters in the world have a LONG warm up routine they do before every actual sprint.  This a time consuming checklist to insure they are properly warmed up and stretched before their race.  Ross doesn't really have that luxury sitting on the sidelines so he needs to carefully use his speed.  He can't just run each route at ON.     

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The reality is the great receivers know how to use their speed and guys like Ross don't.  A Formula 1 driver knows how to accelerate, brake and accelerate again.  

Ross has a Formula 1 body and used Yugo reliability.

I would rather have a reliable Tate Subaru any day.

Archived