Bye Week Thread

4 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Well, my point was that I don't think many teams that could likely sustain a high level of success with the amount of injuries we've experienced. 

Without doing research, I'd bet dollars to donuts no team is as absolutely decimated as we are. 

If the defense doesn't somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat and we don't see a concerted effort to place this offense squarely on Mr. Mixon's shoulders, I think we see a rapid and immediate downward spiral. Probably not all that profound, I know, but, of course I'll still watch to see what transpires.

Totally agree. A good balanced offensive team can lose their #1 receiver and be fine.  They won’t be fine if they lose their tight ends, don’t have a #3 WR and lost their 3rd down back who is great receiver.  Dalton will suck without Green, Gio and a viable tight end. 

The Bengals signed quarterback Connor Cook and tight end Andrew Vollert to the practice squad, and released quarterback Christian Hackenberg from the practice squad, the team announced on Monday.

Cook (6-4, 215), a third-year player out of Michigan State, was originally a fourth-round draft pick of Oakland in 2016. He played in one regular-season game for the Raiders, and completed 14 of 21 passes for 150 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. He was released by Oakland at final cuts this season, before later spending time on Carolina’s practice squad. He takes Hackenberg’s spot on the practice squad as the third in line on the Bengals’ quarterback depth chart. Andy Dalton and Jeff Driskel are the lone quarterbacks on the team’s 53-man roster.

Hackenberg, a third-year player out of Penn State, had signed to the Bengals practice squad on Sept. 3. This move signals the Bengals joining a list of other teams who gave up on Hackenberg who, by all reports, really sucks ass.

Vollert (6-5, 245), a rookie out of Weber State, originally signed with Arizona as a college free agent in May. He played in all four preseason games for the Cardinals, and caught eight passes for 55 yards. He was waived at final cuts, then signed to the Cardinals’ practice squad, where he spent the first eight games of the season before being released on Oct. 30. This move makes sense as the Bengals’ tight end group is a mess. Tyler Eifert, Mason Schreck, and Cethan Carter are all on Injured/Reserve. Tyler Kroft is dealing with a foot injury that’s kept him sidelined and looks like it will continue to do so. And, C.J. Uzomah hurt his shoulder against the Buccaneers and did not practice on Monday.

This offers the Bengals some insurance at a constantly-depleted position. The Bengals’ 53-man roster currently includes Matt Lengel and Jordan Franks at tight end in addition to Kroft and Uzomah.

33 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Dez Bryant signing with the Saints...

Not to worry since we have Third and Dre and Shaun of the Dead Williams.

So we lost our #1 receiver and most potent offensive weapon, while our very next opponent signs Dez.  OUCHIE!!!!  What a slap in the face!

6 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

So we lost our #1 receiver and most potent offensive weapon, while our very next opponent signs Dez.  OUCHIE!!!!  What a slap in the face!

But how effective will he be? He has less than a week to learn the play book.

18 hours ago, Shebengal said:

But how effective will he be? He has less than a week to learn the play book.

They still have a healthy Michael Thomas, Watson and Kamara  which is greater than Boyd, Uzomah and Mixon.  

Bryant is being brought in to replace Ginn as the #2.   Mixon would be a superstar playing for the Saints.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dez-bryants-gamble-pays-off-reportedly-signs-super-bowl-contending-saints-164510517.html

Done deal.

We will see Bryant making an ass of Kirkpatrick and Williams this weekend.

That other cornerback not Jackson III, too.

His playbook will be one sheet of paper.  Run down the field, catch the ball.

Absolutely frustrates the H E Double out of me how other teams, teams already fairly well loaded, pick

up guys via trade (Ha Ha, the player not the cynical laugh) or top end free agent (Bryant, Irvin) abd

we stand past with the mediocre of worse lot we have.

38 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dez-bryants-gamble-pays-off-reportedly-signs-super-bowl-contending-saints-164510517.html

Done deal.

Absolutely frustrates the H E Double out of me how other teams, teams already fairly well loaded, pick

up guys via trade (Ha Ha, the player not the cynical laugh) or top end free agent (Bryant, Irvin) abd

Well, the Saints know time is running out for another Lombardi with Brees at the helm.  The reality is once New Orleans showed interest, any phone call from the 513 area code would have been ignored by Bryant.   He got exactly what he wanted, went to a well run team with a legitimate shot at a Superbowl and will be catching passes from one of the most accurate passers in history while playing half his games in a dome and almost every other game in a warm climate.

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Done deal.

Will you ever learn? Is Dez even playing?

20 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Done deal.

I always figured the Bengals FO calls these player's agents but hang up after 30 seconds or so because the agent can't stop laughing......

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Will you ever learn? Is Dez even playing?

Put him on the field.

If anyone besides The Third is covering him, his playbook

is "run real fast and catch the ball".

Third and Dre will, at best, hump his leg like a horny pit chihuahua drawing a PI penalty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-dez-bryant-wont-debut-for-saints-in-week-10-vs-bengals/ar-BBPwHfJ?li=BBnb7K

Dez Bryant will have to wait another week to throw up the X.

The newly acquired New Orleans Saints receiver reportedly won't play in Week 10 when his team goes against the Cincinnati Bengals, according to NFL's Tom Pelissero.

More to come.

Unknown.jpeg

Archived