Columbus is getting Browned out this weekend

The birthright of all NE Ohio children, is to someday attend THE Ohio State University. They arrive, they attend/graduate/dropout, and many stay in Central Ohio. Hence: their TV marketshare far out-distances the Bengals (even though Cincinnati is actually closer. 

Whether they watch or not, the sheer numbers of the local fan base will dictate the splitting of time between they and us. And, fortunately, the Walmart "I have been a (TV) fan all my life" Stealer base hasn't--yet--been able to dictate their presence around here as a part of the market.     

A lot of it is internal migration in Ohio.  Toledo, Cleveland, and Youngstown lost population as it moved to Columbus.  Channel 10 used to balance Browns-Bengals games the first few weeks, then after the Browns sank out of contention would show the Bengals.

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is buying the Columbus Crew MLS team with a plan to move Browns summer training camp to Columbus. If Mayfield turns out to be their franchise QB, then things will get more Browny around here.

4 hours ago, Cricket said:

I imagine much of the Browns’ fan base in Columbus is deep-rooted to parents/grandparents that were fans before the Bengals existed.  

I thought the Browns' fanbase in Columbus was deeply rooted in father daughter or brother sister incest.

Like Pittsburgh.

Where, btw, Antonio Brown was picked up going over 100 mph less than eight hours before the game tonight.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I thought the Browns' fanbase in Columbus was deeply rooted in father daughter or brother sister incest.

Like Pittsburgh.

Where, btw, Antonio Brown was picked up going over 100 mph less than eight hours before the game tonight.

Was he in his helicopter?  :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The birthright of all NE Ohio children, is to someday attend THE Ohio State University. They arrive, they attend/graduate/dropout, and many stay in Central Ohio. Hence: their TV marketshare far out-distances the Bengals (even though Cincinnati is actually closer. 

That’s how my hubby wound up here. (But in all fairness, so did I.)

19 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Hmm..  5-3 team vs 7-1 team?  Nah let's show the 2-6-1 team vs the 4-4 team.  

So weird.  Honestly I don't think Browns fans even want to watch the Browns, not really.  Allegiances aside though wouldn't you want to air the better game?

You know how the NFL operates. It is the same reason The Giants and 49ers are playing Monday Night. Jimmy G and Baker M are going to be the face of the NFL!! /Sarc  off.  The networks really screwed the pooch on the Garapollo lust.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

You know how the NFL operates. It is the same reason The Giants and 49ers are playing Monday Night. Jimmy G and Baker M are going to be the face of the NFL!! /Sarc  off.  The networks really screwed the pooch on the Garapollo lust.

Baker actually seems like he might've turned out ok if he'd gone to a halfway competent organization.  He came off like an alright dude on HK, I kind of feel bad for him.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Baker actually seems like he might've turned out ok if he'd gone to a halfway competent organization.  He came off like an alright dude on HK, I kind of feel bad for him.

He is doing awesome.  He has doubled their win total over the last 2 years combined!!! Winning!!

On 11/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, High School Harry said:

Buried the lead there.  I already know the answer, but how is this dipshit recent behavior not a story? 

Double secret probation...

Archived