Home audio, retail store audio..... what am i missing?

so as part of my job, i am in charge of new store build outs, i just opened a new retail store for us, and working on a 3rd 4th and 5th upcoming.

so i installed a 7.2 surround sound speaker system in walls at the store...  they are for playing music, or audio to sports or ufc fights or whatever..

ive used two different home theater receivers, both were kind of a pain in the ass and overly advanced for what we need. which is good bluetooth streaming and good audio coming from all speakers.

it seems the modern receivers all ahve 20 modes, none of which are "just fucking play music on everything"

i get the home theater receivers ARE geared towards a surround sound experience, but to have just the front surround speakers playing certain parts of music is odd in a retail store.

so im thinking the whole 7.1 or 7.2 surround experience is the wrong path entirely. i just need an amp to push out the music.

so if a normal home receiver isnt what i need, wtf do i need? most stores will ahve at least 6 speakers, some 8, some 12, depends on size...

what am i missing?

thanks for any advice.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ma1260-multi-zone-12-channel-amplifier-60wpc--300-8150

Something like that is what you need Go. 

Get a separate bluetooth receiver that plugs in with RCA cables, and you're good to go.

Commercial audio is a lot different than home audio. Lots of commercial specific products (I used to work in that field)

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, BengalsOwn said:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ma1260-multi-zone-12-channel-amplifier-60wpc--300-8150

Something like that is what you need Go. 

Get a separate bluetooth receiver that plugs in with RCA cables, and you're good to go.

Commercial audio is a lot different than home audio. Lots of commercial specific products (I used to work in that field)

ok so with each zone having a separate input, i dont need to put an input there, i can just use the bus input on the left and change each cahannel to that bus with its switch it looks like?

with each channel having a left and right, with a 7.2 setup it seems i would only need a 5 channel, front pair channel 1, middle pair channel 2, rear pair channel 3, center speaker channel 4, and subs on channel 5?

i saw these type items and the price being higher than a seeming far more complex home system made me feel it wasnt for me. but this does make logical sense looking closely at it.

Archived