Veterans Day Roll Call and Photo Gallery

https://www.livescience.com/48245-fury-film-ww2-tiger-tank.html

I thought the star of the movie was Old 131, the last and only running German Tiger I tank from WWII.

It was brand new, off the boat and broke down shortly after deployment.  The crew had to abandon it.

It was undamaged, the British picked it up, brought it back to England, repaired it and it has been on

display ever since.  Once a year it is started up and put through its paces for the public.

One major anachronism is the German tank in the movie, 131, is the original desert sand color

rather than gray like the German tanks in Europe

image.png <--- This is 131 back in England in 1943.  The old guy in the dark suit getting into it is Winston Churchill.

Met an older fellow some years ago, who was a gunner on a Konigstiger (Tiger B) on the eastern front. He showed me some photos he had--this thing was a monster. He said they didn't move it around too much, because they didn't have the gas, but it also had an 88mm cannon...so he said it was easy to hit targets at a long distance with max destruction. What a beast of a machine. 

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Also the WWII tanker movie "Fury" is really good. Just watched that recently for the first time.

Yes, that was among those that I had listed.  When they execute the German that surrendered , it really makes you think.

32 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Yes, that was among those that I had listed.  When they execute the German that surrendered , it really makes you think.

I see it now, but didn't amongst the movies listed prior to today. Beast!

"On the way!"

Even Shia LaBeouf was good in that.

Archived