The Official Saints at Bengals game thread...

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If you've watched this game and your take away is we need to cut Dalton of all people, you're just looking for an excuse to bitch about the guy

153 yards and 1 TD at home?  Congrats to John Ross for crossing the career 100 yard mark in receiving. The Saints defense isn’t that good.  Time to walk Marvin.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

If you've watched this game and your take away is we need to cut Dalton of all people, you're just looking for an excuse to bitch about the guy

No, but he certainly isn't a leader. It's all mental with this team. This happened last year after losing a heartbreaker to Pittsburgh. They came out uninspired for several games. Same thing is happening again this year. Lose a heartbreaker to Pittsburgh and once again we play uninspired. No mental toughness and no leadership on either side of the ball.

58 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If you've watched this game and your take away is we need to cut Dalton of all people, you're just looking for an excuse to bitch about the guy.

No, that has been my takeaway from years of watching the dude play. Not just today. 

Stood back their like a tree taking sacks on 2nd, 3rd and longs. Walking off the field with a smile on his face. Sick of dat chit!!! 

I'll give him some benefit of the doubt tho as the coaching and substitutions were at a all time horrible.  Dalton didn't sub in Gio on 3rd and 3 then leave mixon on the bench for the last series of the half. 

Either way Dalton sux balls and they need to roll with Driskel. Dalton been holding this offense back for years. I swear if they just give someone else a chance they'll prove me right. AJ mcScoot did. 

1 hour ago, schotzee said:

On a positive note Andrew Whitworth donated his game check to the shooting victims in L A. You all may have heard of him.

Hope he gets a ring this year but at least he's getting some recognition.   You're not getting noticed playing for the Bengals unless Shitsburgh whines about you.

1 hour ago, OneHeartBeat said:

No, but he certainly isn't a leader. It's all mental with this team. This happened last year after losing a heartbreaker to Pittsburgh. They came out uninspired for several games. Same thing is happening again this year. Lose a heartbreaker to Pittsburgh and once again we play uninspired. No mental toughness and no leadership on either side of the ball.

This sounds like a head coach issue, not a QB issue. The Bengals have taken on the personality of their head coach, been that way for over 5 years.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Tenn Upsets Pats at home.  Cleveland upsets Falcons. Cincinnati shits self at home.

No way win both Balt and Browns games, in fact I'm pretty sure the Browns can beat us right now even in Cincy.

Might drop them both with all the injuries and a coach with no clout. Browns will be coming off a bye and they are showing progress.

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

This sounds like a head coach issue, not a QB issue. The Bengals have taken on the personality of their head coach, been that way for over 5 years.

I agree to a point, but the team also needs players who are leaders. I don't see it. I see a team with enough talent to compete with anyone (albeit, we have a ton of injuries), but absolutely no mental toughness.

26 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

I think it's the persona of the owner.  So long as he's involved in the decision-making this is pretty well the norm. 

19 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I agree to a point, but the team also needs players who are leaders. I don't see it. I see a team with enough talent to compete with anyone (albeit, we have a ton of injuries), but absolutely no mental toughness.

Bengals let their team and locker room leaders walk, they can't afford them (Whit), and spend the money saved in a wiser way 😞

Archived