The Official Saints at Bengals game thread...

Just now, schotzee said:

Marvin wanted to walk. Mike gave him an offer none of us would have refused.

Marvin has no shame and can't be embarrassed. I really believe he is still there to sacrifice himself so his son gets a foothold in the NFL coaching ranks.

I really can't imagine it's only the millions he pockets every year, he's set for life, Mike Brown saw to that for 15 fucking years.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Marvin has no shame and can't be embarrassed. I really believe he is still there to sacrifice himself so his son gets a foothold in the NFL coaching ranks.

I really can't imagine it's only the millions he pockets every year, he's set for life, Mike Brown saw to that for 15 fucking years.

Reread my post you quoted.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

LOL, the refs,,

Yes.  I can actually stand watching the Bengals getting destroyed by a better team (which they were), at least I can make sarcastic comments about how bad we are, but I draw the line on when the referees are so horrendously poor that it helps the opponent make it even more embarrassing.  Do you enjoy listening to the announcers praising guys for committing penalties but having the "skill" to not get caught?  Or making shit up to explain why an obvious penalty wasn't called?  Do you enjoy watching the fouls that are supposedly so egregious that everyone will get called for them (roughing the QB, roughing the kicker), but for some inexplicable reason they aren't?  I'm a fan of the Bengals, but I'm even moreso a fan of football.  I don't know what game this is they're creating, but it's not football.  I'm really not sure what to say if you can't understand that.  And just to qualify all this, I've stopped watching two other games this season for the same reason, games the Bengals were winning and actually won.

I don't think anyone is blaming the refs. I think people are saying, in addition to the colossal ass beating the Saints are putting on us, the refereeing is terrible. Both statements are correct. 

See?  He gets it.

2 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Reread my post you quoted.

Oh, I didn't know you were sitting in on the negotiations, my apologies. If he wanted to walk he could have, he came back with more than money considered, that's my point.

Why would a multi-millionaire embarrass himself year after year, while losing face as a once decent coach/coordinator?

6 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yes.  I can actually stand watching the Bengals getting destroyed by a better team (which they were), at least I can make sarcastic comments about how bad we are, but I draw the line on when the referees are so horrendously poor that it helps the opponent make it even more embarrassing.  Do you enjoy listening to the announcers praising guys for committing penalties but having the "skill" to not get caught?  Or making shit up to explain why an obvious penalty wasn't called?  Do you enjoy watching the fouls that are supposedly so egregious that everyone will get called for them (roughing the QB, roughing the kicker), but for some inexplicable reason they aren't?  I'm a fan of the Bengals, but I'm even moreso a fan of football.  I don't know what game this is they're creating, but it's not football.  I'm really not sure what to say if you can't understand that.  And just to qualify all this, I've stopped watching two other games this season for the same reason, games the Bengals were winning and actually won.

See?  He gets it.

There were definitely bad calls against the Bengals today and anyone who thinks all teams are refereed the same don't see what's going on in today's NFL.

Getting closer to WWF every year but I guess it is sports entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Jupiter Fan said:

There were definitely bad calls against the Bengals today and anyone who thinks all teams are refereed the same don't see what's going on in today's NFL.

Getting closer to WWF every year but I guess it is sports entertainment. 

Closer, hell.  It's gone well beyond it IMHO.  At least with pro wrestling when an athlete beats up his gf it's all part of the act.

Regarding the Marvin talk, the thing I've hated about him forever is that he never seems to get all that angry at any particular situation.  Yes we've seen him go off on Hard Knocks at the team's overall effort.  But how often does he really take the refs to task on a missed call?  Or really get in a guy's face who just did something stupid?  He comes across as more of a whiner and excuse maker than a guy who's sticking up for the team and what it stands for.  I'm not saying we need Cowher-level blowhardedness, but maybe a little bit of that?  Maybe?  Maybe take a fine once in a while rather than just spout platitudes and grade school comments like "we need to be better" that a fucking kindergartner wouldn't stand for?

Anyway, I'm convinced like many that until he's gone we won't see much difference here, and until MB is gone Marvin is unlikely to leave.

15 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Regarding the Marvin talk, the thing I've hated about him forever is that he never seems to get all that angry at any particular situation.  Yes we've seen him go off on Hard Knocks at the team's overall effort.  But how often does he really take the refs to task on a missed call?  Or really get in a guy's face who just did something stupid?  He comes across as more of a whiner and excuse maker than a guy who's sticking up for the team and what it stands for.  I'm not saying we need Cowher-level blowhardedness, but maybe a little bit of that?  Maybe?  Maybe take a fine once in a while rather than just spout platitudes and grade school comments like "we need to be better" that a fucking kindergartner wouldn't stand for?

Anyway, I'm convinced like many that until he's gone we won't see much difference here, and until MB is gone Marvin is unlikely to leave.

I can't remember ML ever getting into a player's face for a bonehead move...ever. Nice guys who MB likes don't do that.

I still wonder what Zimmer could have done for this franchise. I think he was MB's dad's Bill Walsh...only old guys will get that I guess.

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

how often does he really take the refs to task on a missed call?  Or really get in a guy's face who just did something stupid? 

^

He's over there clapping while his team gets BTFO.  I swear this starts at the top with the "circus" comments but they all think they're better than the game or league, fans, pretty much everyone outside of the building.  It's why the rest of the NFL hates Ol' Musty, it's why they try to outsmart the defense on 3rd & 1, why most of the roster are either cashing checks or are on their own agenda, why there's no discipline or accountability.  The Bengals are a charitable trust that also perform 16+1 football games a year.  The goal is to show up at the agreed upon time and place & try not to get embarrassed like they did today.  And when they can't even manage that it's not like there are consequences for it. 

When it comes to missed calls,stop.Just STOP.Sure the refs missed a couple but that had ZERO to do with the loss.Speaking only for myself,but I'm done with this team other than watching them on TV.No more merchandise,and no more attending games.I'm done until this joke of a coaching staff is removed.

1 hour ago, Sox said:

When it comes to missed calls,stop.Just STOP.Sure the refs missed a couple but that had ZERO to do with the loss.Speaking only for myself,but I'm done with this team other than watching them on TV.No more merchandise,and no more attending games.I'm done until this joke of a coaching staff is removed.

The way games are being called at this point is a total joke but that is a separate issue.   Could've played that game 10 times with 10 different crews & got the same result. 

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

See?  He gets it.

I agree with this. For the past couple of seasons it's been the officiating that is beginning to ruin it for me. It doesn't just happen to us. I remember the ticky-tack holding penalty on Dre in the Shitsburgh game. Of course that call was made on a 3rd and 10 giving them an automatic 1st down instead of it being 4th down. We all know what happened next. That call changed everything. In a game of inches, calls matter. IMO, the refs have too big of a role in the NFL.

16 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

See?  He gets it.

I never said the refs were good, just saying this team never had a chance against the Saints regardless of the refs.  If most of  Dennard, Eifert, Kroft, Burfict, AJ Green, Vigil and Lawson were out there, we may have put up a fight.  It is asking a lot to win a game with 7 quality starters out while the other team is practically at 100%, named the Saints and coached by Sean Peyton. 

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The way games are being called at this point is a total joke but that is a separate issue.   Could've played that game 10 times with 10 different crews & got the same result. 

Exactly. Can't believe cats still have their tear ducts adrip over referees. The team fucking is simply outclassed against any game opponent. Lineup on 4&1 in saints territory and get a false start like a buffoon. Yeah, that's on the refs. Sure guy. Ridiculous.  Team is going nowhere. Baltimore will have two weeks to prepare for a divisional opponent absolutely getting shellacked in all phases of the game.  Face it. Pittsburgh stole their heart again. 

Saints just signed Brandon Marshal.

Pffffttt...

But it shows how strong winning teams try to

improve even throughout the season while the

Bengals stick with the same old trash.

Auden Tate, one target, no receptions.

On that one, for all the press, I thought he should have

had it.

Dre Kirkpatrick because a father last night.

The infant immediately tried to put itself up for adoption.

Great Stephen A melt down rant on Bengals and Marvin on ESPN.com.

Well worth a look-see like Stephen A or not.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

I never said the refs were good, just saying this team never had a chance against the Saints regardless of the refs.  If most of  Dennard, Eifert, Kroft, Burfict, AJ Green, Vigil and Lawson were out there, we may have put up a fight.  It is asking a lot to win a game with 7 quality starters out while the other team is practically at 100%, named the Saints and coached by Sean Peyton. 

You do realize the saints have at least 5 players on IR ?  You are a joke keep the excuse train coming.

6 minutes ago, Mjordan said:

You do realize the saints have at least 5 players on IR ?  You are a joke keep the excuse train coming.

I'm guessing you're an opposing fan and a hostile one at that. He said 7 quality starters and we also have at least 3 on ir. He  's not making excuses and the Saints are his second team.

2 hours ago, Mjordan said:

You do realize that the only starter on IR was their #2 WR Ted  Ginn of course. I mean you seem like a really intelligent guy so I am not sure why I asked you. 

What is is more hilarious is you think I am defending the Bengals. That is fucking short bus retarded at its best.  I have been screaming for Marvin’s firing since 1/5/2014 after the Chargers fucked us in the ass..at home..,in the playoffs.  Oh I actually wanted him fired after the TO/Ocho/Quitter shit show as well. 

Oh, I also want Andy Dalton replaced which is about a 50/50 prop here but certainly not in the “I believe in the Bengals” camp. 

Laughable. 

20 hours ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I agree with this. For the past couple of seasons it's been the officiating that is beginning to ruin it for me. It doesn't just happen to us. I remember the ticky-tack holding penalty on Dre in the Shitsburgh game. Of course that call was made on a 3rd and 10 giving them an automatic 1st down instead of it being 4th down. We all know what happened next. That call changed everything. In a game of inches, calls matter. IMO, the refs have too big of a role in the NFL.

Talk about no accountability, how many refs get canned per year. You hear of a couple being disciplined here and there but that's it. These guys

are supposed to be graded every game but nothing gets better even with state of the art video methods.

Archived