The Official Saints at Bengals game thread...

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

You do realize that the only starter on IR was their #2 WR Ted  Ginn of course. I mean you seem like a really intelligent guy so I am not sure why I asked you. 

What is is more hilarious is you think I am defending the Bengals. That is fucking short bus retarded at its best.  I have been screaming for Marvin’s firing since 1/5/2014 after the Chargers fucked us in the ass..at home..,in the playoffs.  Oh I actually wanted him fired after the TO/Ocho/Quitter shit show as well. 

Oh, I also want Andy Dalton replaced which is about a 50/50 prop here but certainly not in the “I believe in the Bengals” camp. 

Laughable. 

You do realize i didnt count other players out for the game. Andy Dalton will never get to the big dance bc hes a game manager. Just like Captain check down Flacco although AD is a better QB of the two. And of course ML is a second if not third tier coach. 

Even if all 7 players participated i highly doubt they can make up for difference in TDs yesterday. 

15 minutes ago, Mjordan said:

Andy Dalton will never get to the big dance bc hes a game manager. Just like Captain check down Flacco although AD is a better QB of the two.

You realize that when you're trying to make a point that Andy Dalton can't make it to the "big dance" you shouldn't use a comparison to a guy who actually did win the Super Bowl, right?

4 hours ago, Mjordan said:

You realize there are lot of avg QBs that won the sb, right? 

There are a few that did it once.  23 of the last 28 were won by HOF of future HOF QBs.  Of the other 5, one was Russell Wilson the other Wentz who are hardly average.  So you are pretty much wrong. 

Also, never said the Bengals would win with all their starters healthy, I said the only chance to make in a competitive game was if they were. 

Lol im not pretty much wrong anything. I can name you at least ten avg QBs that won at the big dance. Beside it wasnt my primary point of contention, i was just replying to someone that quoted me. 

Competitive how? Even if they all played and spotted 3 TDs that wouldnt even being competitive. And im being generous with 3 TDs. 

5 hours ago, Mjordan said:

Lol im not pretty much wrong anything. I can name you at least ten avg QBs that won at the big dance. Beside it wasnt my primary point of contention, i was just replying to someone that quoted me. 

Competitive how? Even if they all played and spotted 3 TDs that wouldnt even being competitive. And im being generous with 3 TDs. 

Well, start naming them.  And define a lot, 10 out of 52 isn’t exactly a lot but I doubt you find 10. 

Your last paragraph is silly. The team had been competitive until all the injuries.  Take away all of New Orleans’ starting linebackers, #1 and 2 tight ends, #1 corner,  and #1 receiver  and see how they do.  We have been starting a guy named Tony McRae.  Even when Burfict played he was out of shape and a shell of his former self. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

You keep talking about Eifert as though losing him was a surprise to anyone.  The rest of the injuries, sure, but they never should have been counting on him in the first place.   

He was tracking for a good season.  In 4 games he had 15 catches for 179.  That is more than John Ross has had in his Bengals career.  The injury was a freak thing during a tackle, not exactly running down field and pulling yet another muscle without contact.   

15 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

At this point, its not the losses, its the extreme nature in which they are losing that leaves me with no hope.  This has been as odd of a season as i can recall.  

Yeah, I just looked at espn power rankings. We came in at 17. I was shocked. Expected 25ish or lower.

17 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

At this point, its not the losses, its the extreme nature in which they are losing that leaves me with no hope.  This has been as odd of a season as i can recall.  

The best few teams are simply WAY better than even the average teams right now.  Its happened before.  2004 Patriots, 1999 Rams, 1998 Broncos.   The issue is we are NEVER part of the best few club, not a least for 28 years.  Not even close. 

12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The best few teams are simply WAY better than even the average teams right now.  Its happened before.  2004 Patriots, 1999 Rams, 1998 Broncos.   The issue is we are NEVER part of the best few club, not a least for 28 years.  Not even close. 

Idk man, 2005 would have to be considered close imo. If not for well we know how it ended. 4th overall in total points.

18 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Idk man, 2005 would have to be considered close imo. If not for well we know how it ended. 4th overall in total points.

We were 11-5 and a wild card team. We lost our last 2 regular season games to 5-11 Buffalo AT HOME ( which killed any chance of a bye) and simply tanked the next game.  The loss to Buffalo was simply inexcusable.  Carson threw a pick 6 late in the game while down by only 3.  We were a very good team nothing more.  The 2015 team was better. 

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

We were 11-5 and a wild card team. We lost our last 2 regular season games to 5-11 Buffalo AT HOME ( which killed any chance of a bye) and simply tanked the next game.  The loss to Buffalo was simply inexcusable.  Carson threw a pick 6 late in the game while down by only 3.  We were a very good team nothing more.  The 2015 team was better. 

This team was a beast.  Damn shame.  

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, start naming them.  And define a lot, 10 out of 52 isn’t exactly a lot but I doubt you find 10. 

Your last paragraph is silly. The team had been competitive until all the injuries.  Take away all of New Orleans’ starting linebackers, #1 and 2 tight ends, #1 corner,  and #1 receiver  and see how they do.  We have been starting a guy named Tony McRae.  Even when Burfict played he was out of shape and a shell of his former self. 

Flacco

D williams

Mark Repine

Trent Dilfer

Joe Namath

Eli Manning

McMahon

Hosteller

Brad Johnson

Nick Foles

JP

TB

Need more, Genius? 

To some extent, P Manning was horrendous when he won his 2nd SB. And one can make an argument Phil Simm was an avg qb too. 

FYI Saints also had 7 players that didnt play not including the 5 on IR. Thank you bery much!

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You were OK until you mentioned Namath. The guy who made one league, and re-made another, was anything but ordinary.

Hahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahaha

Joe Namath was  such a great QB that in his 13 years playing he threw more interceptions than TDs (220 to 173). Yea he was so awesome his lifetime avg completion was an astronomical 50.1%. Yea he was elite because he threw a whooping .. not 4...not 3...not 2... Not 1 but a big ZERO Td in the SB. 

Yea, i guess i was wrong all along. My apologies!

Figured you would trot out statistics--as though those are the barometer by which everything is judged. Must be a fantasy football addict.

Go google this, wise guy: would the NFL statistics you are so addicted to...exist at all, were it not for Joe Willie Namath? I will wait, but already know your answer. Go ahead and post it, and you can dance around in victory with your "gotcha" response. Whatever. 

18 hours ago, Mjordan said:

Flacco

D williams

Mark Repine

Trent Dilfer

Joe Namath

Eli Manning

McMahon

Hosteller

Brad Johnson

Nick Foles

JP

TB

Need more, Genius? 

To some extent, P Manning was horrendous when he won his 2nd SB. And one can make an argument Phil Simm was an avg qb too. 

FYI Saints also had 7 players that didnt play not including the 5 on IR. Thank you bery much!

Well Manning has 2 rings and will be a HOFer most likely just because he wasn't average when it counted. 

Brad Johnson was better than average.  

Nick Foles had a 115.7 QB rating during the playoffs last year to include the extraordinary game he played in the Super Bowl. 

Some people can just step up when it matters like Foles and Manning. 

And again  you said a lot.  23% is not ALOT Genius.  It isn't even a good batting average. 

So what if the Saints had 7 players that didn't play.  Were any of them named Watson, Thomas, Kamara, Hill, Ingram, Lattimore, or anyone of their starting linebackers?  Seriously, almost their entire starting lineup from day 1 is healthy minus Ginn.  Most of the guys on IR I have never even heard of and I AM a Saints fan. 

Archived