BAD
Playcalling

Andy Dalton

0 Sacks, 0 Punts, 0 Turnovers By The Defense

UGLY
Scores On The Saints First 9 Possessions

Marvin Lewis

Teryl Austin

Bengals Defense Giving Up An Average Of 545 Yards and 43 Points Per Game The Past Three Weeks 

2 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Good: Turned off the TV when Brees scored with 8 seconds left in the half. 

Shitshow or dumpster fire?  I can't even tell what that was.

It was pretty much over then unfortunately. I'm so sick of being a 2nd tier team after 15 years with this clown.

Semi good was Mixon when they let him play.

Bad is the rest of the game.

Ugly is ML still trying to compete in the 2018 NFL.

23 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

It was pretty much over then unfortunately. I'm so sick of being a 2nd tier team after 15 years with this clown.

Semi good was Mixon when they let him play.

Bad is the rest of the game.

Ugly is ML still trying to compete in the 2018 NFL.

They were a 2nd tier team before Marvin. They were probably worse. Once they had the stupid penalty when they were going to go for it on 4th down, I told my wife it was over...….and it was. It was nothing but a shit show after that. Another sign of lack of toughness. When they get knocked down they stay down. But damn did the saints ever hit some big home runs in that draft a few years ago. 

Every time it’s second-and-long, we won’t fool anyone by handing it off and making eight, ten or twelve yards, whatever the down and distance is.

(Clappy's Postgame)

Like I said, they're out there trying to trick people. If you hand it off on 2nd & 8 for even 3-4 yards that's a makeable 3rd down.  Incomplete pass and you're in the hole with your QB in their crosshairs.

It's like they'd rather be right than be successful. 

1 minute ago, OneHeartBeat said:

They were a 2nd tier team before Marvin. They were probably worse. Once they had the stupid penalty when they were going to go for it on 4th down, I told my wife it was over...….and it was. It was nothing but a shit show after that. Another sign of lack of toughness. When they get knocked down they stay down. But damn did the saints ever hit some big home runs in that draft a few years ago. 

Saints are a quality team who are hitting on all cylinders right now but still no reason to get steamrolled like we did.

I appreciate what ML did for us but we can't stand pat like we have the last 5 years with him if we ever want to really compete.

10 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Saints are a quality team who are hitting on all cylinders right now but still no reason to get steamrolled like we did.

I appreciate what ML did for us but we can't stand pat like we have the last 5 years with him if we ever want to really compete.

Well I'm not ready to write this season off yet. I know I'll probably regret that, but I can't help it. If this team misses the playoffs again, then I think it's time to move on from ML and bring in a young offensive-minded HC and begin to rebuild with what little of a window is left.

5 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Well I'm not ready to write this season off yet. I know I'll probably regret that, but I can't help it. If this team misses the playoffs again, then I think it's time to move on from ML and bring in a young offensive-minded HC and begin to rebuild with what little of a window is left.

Nothing changes with Redeemer at the helm.  

The Good:

The fly overs before the game were pretty good.  All downhill after that.

The Aftermath:

Mentioned a couple of times in the game day threat... I have no idea where all the Saints

fans came from.  Maybe people who fled the hurricane and stayed, I dunno.  I was with

a group of about a dozen young men all in Saints gear on my way back to my car.

The worse?  We got Who Datted in our own house.  Only (mostly) Saints fans left at

the end of the game and they were Who Datting to beat the band.

Austin will be gone by the middle of the week.

Marvin will take over defensive play calling which is OK with me

because he sure as fuck doesn't do anything else on the sidelines.

As far as the players are concerned, he is nothing more than an obstacle to walk

around (or shove out of the way) on their way to the Gatorade cooler.

Zero respect.  He has given up and is nothing but a dingleberry on the ass of

the franchise.

I don't think there was even a Dave Shula team upon whom the other team

scored every time they had the ball.

Brees with the 4th and one on the goal line TD dive when they were far ahead

and obviously not looking it back was a bush running up the score.

Marvin? Clap clap clap 

We will beat Oakland and maybe the Browns once ... maybe.

And have a second tier first round draft choice to select the next

Ogbuhi or Ross.

Unknown.jpeg

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

(Clappy's Postgame)

Like I said, they're out there trying to trick people. If you hand it off on 2nd & 8 for even 3-4 yards that's a makeable 3rd down.  Incomplete pass and you're in the hole with your QB in their crosshairs.

It's like they'd rather be right than be successful. 

This such a huge factor. The Bengals offense seems to put themselves in their own predicaments. Their offense struggles typically because they don't give themselves into makeable/higher percentage opportunities on 3rd down.

31 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

This such a huge factor. The Bengals offense seems to put themselves in their own predicaments. Their offense struggles typically because they don't give themselves into makeable/higher percentage opportunities on 3rd down.

The reality is Dalton, without Green, is 4-7-1 lifetime.  One can only imagine where this team would have been the last 7 years without AJ Green and how effective Dalton would have been without a perennial all pro caliber WR.   Of course that has nothing to do with pile of shit the defense has become or the fact the team refuses to use Mixon like Dallas used Elliot last night.

18 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The reality is Dalton, without Green, is 4-7-1 lifetime.  One can only imagine where this team would have been the last 7 years without AJ Green and how effective Dalton would have been without a perennial all pro caliber WR.

True story. Having said that Green seems to need Dalton too. His four career games without him have seen AJ average 3.75 receptions and 49.75 yards per game.

9 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

True story. Having said that Green seems to need Dalton too. His four career games without him have seen AJ average 3.75 receptions and 49.75 yards per game.

They came up together and have partnered up since day 1.  Familiarity isn't a bad thing.  Of course the backup QB is typically the most overrated player on every team, just ask the Buffalo Bills about the $7.9 mil guaranteed they spent on starting QB AJ McCarron.

Archived