Teryl Austin Fired

Del Rio will probably be hired once the season is over.

Can't bring in a new guy past the halfway point of season and expect guys to pick up different terminology and schemes in one week.

Haslett will stay LB coach.

As far as Austin, it always looked as if the players never had confidence in him.

Not once, did I ever hear a defensive player stand up for him

31 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Del Rio will probably be hired once the season is over.

Can't bring in a new guy past the halfway point of season and expect guys to pick up different terminology and schemes in one week.

Haslett will stay LB coach.

As far as Austin, it always looked as if the players never had confidence in him.

Not once, did I ever hear a defensive player stand up for him

Actually Preston Brown did after the game I read but he's the only one.

1 minute ago, Bengal Cat said:

Never should have been hired in the first place. Little children in Vietnam that don't know anything about football were shaking their head at that hire.

Actually the Raiders were after him as a dc as well and supposedly interviewed for some head coaching gigs. Not sure what teams saw in him by hindsight.

13 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Actually the Raiders were after him as a dc as well and supposedly interviewed for some head coaching gigs. Not sure what teams saw in him by hindsight.

Pleasure to meet you Mr. Rooney Rule. 

Excuse me?

I'm very sorry. Mr. Austin. Please, have a seat. I'll have the chef bring up some fried chicken and waffles. Can I offer you a grape Nehi?

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Pleasure to meet you Mr. Rooney Rule. 

Excuse me?

I'm very sorry. Mr. Austin. Please, have a seat. I'll have the chef bring up some fried chicken and waffles. Can I offer you a grape Nehi?

Yeah, was basically thinking the same thing but was hesitant to say it.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Thanks God!!

FUCK NO! To Haslet, the Redskins D was God Awful when he ran it.

I know he is opposed to it, but let Marvin run it the rest of the year. 

I agree with you - and it seems ML will take the helm.

But there is NO WAY they would bring in an outside guy to runa scheme that isn't working. We have people in house that can do that!

Seriously - if they thought this might happen - why not do it before the bye and get 2 fucking weeks in on a revised scheme? Jesus...

Archived