Hue is Back

27 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

As a long time fan like all of you, the only word I can come up with to describe how I feel is betrayed.

Sixteen years of Marv and now Mini Marv.  How many years are we going to be stuck with this pant load?

I rarely say anything bad about MikeandKatie but with this kind of stuff I see zero commitment to improving and winning.

I will still watch them every week but all the games from the comfort of my living room rather than my Club Seat listening

to Who Dat.

Another thing to consider with HueandMarv is they do not have a lot to work with as far as players.

Carlos and Geno and A.J. and Joe and WJIII and... and...  and...  OK, Boyd and Bates

But no offensive line (book still out on Billy Short Arms).

Worse linebackers in the league.

And Andy is Andy.

The look on his face says it all... 

I understand completely.  My first game was at Nippert Stadium and I have felt that way for a long time now.  I do not think much of Marvin as a coach or Hue and I am on record of that.  But ultimately the state of the Bengals franchise is the responsibility of the Brown Family Trust.  They do the hiring and firing of everyone involved.

What is really sad is that Mike Brown has completely wasted the "football capital" that Paul Brown's legacy provided to the franchise.

3 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

What is really sad is that Mike Brown has completely wasted the "football capital" that Paul Brown's legacy provided to the franchise.

I wouldn't say that.  When the team was winning the name came up, but no editor or producer will waste much time talking about the Bengals until they can't avoid it.  In fact I think it's out of respect for PB that they don't link this garbage barge to his legacy.  There's also not much interest in history unless it's for a dynasty team that they can sell.  

While its extremely comical, at this point, i dont necessarily think its a terrible move at all.  Hue knows this team and organization well.  He can certainly help out.  Marvin, i believe, is in his rightful place in running the defense.  With all of that said, they are both proven (marvin moreso in bigger games) losers, so nothing will surprise me as the season plays out.  

35 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Hue's new title: Special Assistant To The Head Coach.

I never had a real issue with Hue Jackson as a position coach or offensive coordinator. The Bengals play the Browns twice in 6 weeks. If nothing else, Jackson knows the Browns team as good as anyone. They need to win both of those games. 

True but what is Hue gonna say?  Marv: "What is their biggest weakness Hue."   Hue: "Coaching,.. err, I mean Baker Mayfield is cocky"

44 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Hue's new title: Special Assistant To The Head Coach.

I never had a real issue with Hue Jackson as a position coach or offensive coordinator. The Bengals play the Browns twice in 6 weeks. If nothing else, Jackson knows the Browns team as good as anyone. They need to win both of those games. 

large.25kz5m.jpg

17 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong on Hue...

Terrible track record as a head coach.

Success as an assistant, particularly with our franchise. 

Not sure how this hire potentially hurts this team to the point where things are worse than they are at the moment.

Like i said earlier, the hire is comical, but i very much agree with this.  

Hue Jackson will likely replace Marvin Lewis when he comes off the #Browns payroll after 2019 season. Day Hue was hired by the Haslams I was told there was a chance he’d still replace Marvin and I dismissed it.

Good lord.  That means no matter the turn out of this current debacle, Marv will be in Cincinnati for atleast another season.  Wow.  

20 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Hue Jackson will likely replace Marvin Lewis when he comes off the #Browns payroll after 2019 season. Day Hue was hired by the Haslams I was told there was a chance he’d still replace Marvin and I dismissed it.

Good lord.  That means no matter the turn out of this current debacle, Marv will be in Cincinnati for atleast another season.  Wow.  

Mike Brown just extended Marvin.  He is going nowhere unless the Bengals collapse and lose every game the rest of the season.  The excuses are already set up...injuries, bad D-coordinator, etc.  You guys should know that Brown isn't eating a contract like that.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I wouldn't say that.  When the team was winning the name came up, but no editor or producer will waste much time talking about the Bengals until they can't avoid it.  In fact I think it's out of respect for PB that they don't link this garbage barge to his legacy.  There's also not much interest in history unless it's for a dynasty team that they can sell.  

When one really thinks about it: What "legacy"? For all of his sainted pro football prowess, what actually did he accomplish in Cincinnati? Other than the semi-fluke of 1981, and the rags-to-riches surge in 1988 (of which he really had little to do with), just what was so magnanimous? I hear a lot about the "franchise team makes playoffs" in 1970, and some of the teams in the '70's--which never made the playoffs, but there were many others with sub-par players and awful coaches. He is a legend, as well he should be, but what he did at Ohio State in leather helmets, or the Browns when they were still flying B-29's, really has no effect on the Bengals.    

44 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

When one really thinks about it: What "legacy"? For all of his sainted pro football prowess, what actually did he accomplish in Cincinnati? Other than the semi-fluke of 1981, and the rags-to-riches surge in 1988 (of which he really had little to do with), just what was so magnanimous? I hear a lot about the "franchise team makes playoffs" in 1970, and some of the teams in the '70's--which never made the playoffs, but there were many others with sub-par players and awful coaches. He is a legend, as well he should be, but what he did at Ohio State in leather helmets, or the Browns when they were still flying B-29's, really has no effect on the Bengals.    

The reality is by the time he started the Bengals and became their coach, he was later 1990s version of Bobby Knight.  He was 55-56-1 as the Bengals coach and 0-3 in the playoffs. The next 15 years his teams made the playoffs 4 times but 2 of those trips ended up in the Superbowl. The 5 playoff wins the club has won occurred the last 10 years he was owner which was before cell phones and MTV were a thing.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong on Hue...

Terrible track record as a head coach.

Success as an assistant, particularly with our franchise. 

Not sure how this hire potentially hurts this team to the point where things are worse than they are at the moment.

I generally agree from a "today" point of view. Hue has been a successful position coach and coordinator with a number of teams. My problem is that this says to me "tomorrow" he's going to be the next head coach. As much as the expiry date on Marvin is like a curdled carton marked January 5, 2014, Hue Jackson is not the answer.

34 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The reality is by the time he started the Bengals and became their coach, he was later 1990s version of Bobby Knight.  He was 55-56-1 as the Bengals coach and 0-3 in the playoffs. The next 15 years his teams made the playoffs 4 times but 2 of those trips ended up in the Superbowl. The 5 playoff wins the club has won occurred the last 10 years he was owner.  

Yeah, i agree.  There is no legacy with the Bengals.  Even with some winning seasons staggered along the way, its been pretty much a shit show for years on end.  Sometimes wish i could go back as a clueless eight year old and redirect my fandom.  

Lets just get it out:  Hiring Hue Jackson makes the franchise look fucking ridiculous.  Seriously?  A guy who totally sucked as a HC and his ONLY success was taking over a very good offense built by Jay Gruden.   This is fucking stupid.  Obviously we got a guy cheap who will either take over as OC or HC next year. 

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

As an on the field coach I suppose Hue is OK.  At the same time please keep Hue Jackson away from any personnel decisions.  This is the guy that gave away the house for Carson Palmer and didn't want Carson Wentz.  Huge, franchise changing mistakes in judging talent. 

He also wanted to give away the house for AJ McCarron in Cleveland. My hubby is still convinced that Sashi Brown screwed up on purpose to prevent it. 

49 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Don't understand the outpouring of negativity here on this hiring.

I think it's great !....Marvin can use all the help he can get and Hue Jackson knows a lot, and the players relate well to him....this will free up Marvin to focus in on defense more.

I think the bottom line is that the team didn't win with Hue in the past, so why go there again?  The secondary fear is that Jackson may actually become the Bengals next HC.  Ugh...

56 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Don't understand the outpouring of negativity here on this hiring.

I think it's great !....Marvin can use all the help he can get and Hue Jackson knows a lot, and the players relate well to him....this will free up Marvin to focus in on defense more.

I don't remember all (or any) of the Browns players being upset he was let go.  In fact it was utter silence. Players don't relate to bad coaches, AT ALL.  These are all guys who busted their asses to become NFL players.  Its an extraordinary accomplishment that takes years of hard work. These guys all know each other and NOBODY wants to be on the shit team led by a bad coach.    The Bengals players will NOT have any respect for Jackson. 

Archived