Hue is Back

3 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Hue Jackson will likely replace Marvin Lewis when he comes off the #Browns payroll after 2019 season. Day Hue was hired by the Haslams I was told there was a chance he’d still replace Marvin and I dismissed it.

Good lord.  That means no matter the turn out of this current debacle, Marv will be in Cincinnati for atleast another season.  Wow.  

Well Marvin did sign a 2 year contract this past offseason so even with Hue here he would have stayed next year.

Also I REALLY do not want Hue to be the next head coach.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I think the bottom line is that the team didn't win with Hue in the past, so why go there again?  The secondary fear is that Jackson may actually become the Bengals next HC.  Ugh...

Hue Jackson was just one member of the Bengals coaching staff, so why pin its non-winning ways on him? And becoming the next Bengals HC is a real possibility (we all know Mike Brown likes staying with people he's familiar and comfortable with) but I'm only concerned with this year for now. The Bengals lost a DC and have a huge need to fill that void...while Marvin will be trying to do that himself, it still leaves a coaching shortage...Cincy is actually very lucky to have Hue Jackson available on such short notice....he's a very experienced coach who will fit right in and help out a lot, just when the Bengals need it most.

2 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Hue Jackson was just one member of the Bengals coaching staff, so why pin its non-winning ways on him? And becoming the next Bengals HC is a real possibility (we all know Mike Brown likes staying with people he's familiar and comfortable with) but I'm only concerned with this year for now. The Bengals lost a DC and have a huge need to fill that void...while Marvin will be trying to do that himself, it still leaves a coaching shortage...Cincy is actually very lucky to have Hue Jackson available on such short notice....he's a very experienced coach who will fit right in and help out a lot, just when the Bengals need it most.

The "Homer" in me loves this, and agrees for the most part.

The "Repeatedly Scorned Fan" in me is still shaking his head at this move and the potential future to look forward to.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic and so am I"

11 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Seems very reasonable.  

38 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

It is purely from an optics standpoint.  I am tired of this organization being a laughing stock.  Picking him up off the trash heap reeks of desperation.  Yeah, he may help us this year but to what end?  We are a borderline wild card team at best and our defense is carrying us NOWHERE.  So he helps out and we get to what 9-7 at best?  Talk is now AJ may be out until December.  That is a killer for us regardless of better defensive play. 

9 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

OK--so what is the problem? If it is all for naught anyway, what is doing this going to change? 

If they did nothing, would you still complain--or is the nuclear option the only route worthy? 

The move is no surprise to me.  It's a Marvin move.  A Mike Brown move too.  I don't think it will make much difference this year. 

The concept that Hue Jackson may be the next head coach of the Bengals is disturbing.  That is the problem to me.

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

We got that missing piece which now puts us over the top to make a Superbowl run. 

Marv focus on d only. Coach um up. Get um like the 2000 Ravens. 

Hue can get Lazor to give Driskel a try.  

Things are looking up. 

Puff puff pass man. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

It is purely from an optics standpoint.  I am tired of this organization being a laughing stock.  Picking him up off the trash heap reeks of desperation.  Yeah, he may help us this year but to what end?  We are a borderline wild card team at best and our defense is carrying us NOWHERE.  So he helps out and we get to what 9-7 at best?  Talk is now AJ may be out until December.  That is a killer for us regardless of better defensive play. 

Well...we DO have a good amount of talent on our defense outside the LB group. Where did that talent go? Nowhere. It's still there. So maybe on the defensive side of the ball it IS coaching or scheme (or both). Maybe Marvin can dig deep and...aw fuck, who the hell am I kidding?

:lol:

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

OK--so what is the problem? If it is all for naught anyway, what is doing this going to change? 

If they did nothing, would you still complain--or is the nuclear option the only route worthy? 

Because Hue Jackson sucks and doesn’t deserve shit.  Bring on a young and up an coming guy, not this EPIC loser. 

7 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Well...we DO have a good amount of talent on our defense outside the LB group. Where did that talent go? Nowhere. It's still there. So maybe on the defensive side of the ball it IS coaching or scheme (or both). Maybe Marvin can dig deep and...aw fuck, who the hell am I kidding?

:lol:

Well he is putting himself out there to receive more blame than he already does for the team's misfortunes. I'm excited what he can do with the defense and in particular make them tackle better, although I don't know how immediately possible that is. Marvin does know D and I think you will hear Zimmer give Marv a lot of credit for his success at it.

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Because Hue Jackson sucks and doesn’t deserve shit.  Bring on a young and up an coming guy, not this EPIC loser. 

Mike Brown is gonna bring in a young and up and coming guy plus let him do things his way? C'mon man, I hear ya, but you gotta keep it realistic.

17 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Mike Brown is gonna bring in a young and up and coming guy plus let him do things his way? C'mon man, I hear ya, but you gotta keep it realistic.

As the Assistant TO the head coach,..yes. It’s not even a real fucking JOB!

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, that didn't answer the question at all...so I will take it that only the nuclear option would be acceptable to you. 

So what would be next, should that not meet your standards? 

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Well, that didn't answer the question at all...so I will take it that only the nuclear option would be acceptable to you. 

So what would be next, should that not meet your standards? 

No nuclear option. We need to find a defensive coordinator for next year. Preferably someone who could possibly replace Marvin after his contract runs out in 2019.  I share the same fear as others, Hue will stick around and become the HC after Marvin’s contract runs out. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

No nuclear option. We need to find a defensive coordinator for next year. Preferably someone who could possibly replace Marvin after his contract runs out in 2019.  I share the same fear as others, Hue will stick around and become the HC after Marvin’s contract runs out. 

Marvin's contract never expires. Any speculation of replacing him is futile. It's a fun hypothesis, but any serious discussion of him leaving is silly.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Marvin's contract never expires. Any speculation of replacing him is futile. It's a fun hypothesis, but any serious discussion of him leaving is silly.

I don't think he's going to be fired, I think he's going to retire or move into a CEO/front office position.  No guess as to when that happens.

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't think he's going to be fired, I think he's going to retire or move into a CEO/front office position.  No guess as to when that happens.

True. He's the head coach as long as he wants to be. Maybe if he eventually gets tired of losing at the head coach level. Or gets tired of messing with that pesky game clock.

Archived