Hue is Back

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Ironic how the Bengals are so ... frugal ... when it comes to signing quality players yet throw money at this dingleberry to be groomed as Marvin's successor.

It makes sense if you consider that MB is more interested in Good Boy Points than winning.

I bet Redeemer thinks it ridiculous to have to pay a head coach AND coordinators for both offense and defense.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Marvin's contract never expires. Any speculation of replacing him is futile. It's a fun hypothesis, but any serious discussion of him leaving is silly.

I know this may sound crazy but I think it will come down to the last 2 road games. If we lose @Cleveland and Pitt I think he walks. Pitt may be playing for a home WC game or even a bye.  We could be 8-6 going into the last 2. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

I know this may sound crazy but I think it will come down to the last 2 road games. If we lose @Cleveland and Pitt I think he walks. Pitt may be playing for a home WC game or even a bye.  We could be 8-6 going into the last 2. 

i think it's just as likely the meltdown continues.  This Baltimore game will be very revealing.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I could buy that with Hue in waiting now. Mike would probably be comfortable with letting Marvin walk now. Going by some reports , it sounds like Mike twisted Marvin's arm to stay.

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And end up a perfectly mediocre 8-8.

Another wasted season and drafting in the perfect position for the next Ross or Ogbuhi.

Marvinball at its finest.

Perfect.

27 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I believe this will be the case.  

Ravens- Loss

Browns- Win

Broncos- Win

Chargers- Loss

Raiders- Win

8-6 heading into those games.  

Lol @ this automatic Rat loss stuff. Mr. Hip--even if he plays--will be hobbling. Now, unless the NFL wants to see how Running QB of the Future--9th Edition--will sell, it will come down to how the Bengal offense will do against their defense (again). They have done it before, they can certainly do it again. 

Of course, the way they can transverse the expected multitudinous home-team calls, will also factor in.    

49 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Lol @ this automatic Rat loss stuff. Mr. Hip--even if he plays--will be hobbling. Now, unless the NFL wants to see how Running QB of the Future--9th Edition--will sell, it will come down to how the Bengal offense will do against their defense (again). They have done it before, they can certainly do it again. 

Of course, the way they can transverse the expected multitudinous home-team calls, will also factor in.    

When or if they lose it, will have little to do with refereeing and alot to do with their lack of discipline and execution just as it has is in every SINGLE loss this year.  They do have Baltimores number over the last 4-5 years for whatever reason, so its definitely not an "automatic loss."  Just taking in the totality of the current situation, which isnt very good at the moment.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

To clarify, I meant him leaving involuntarily won't happen. As I responded to Tdub, there isn't much reason for him to leave voluntarily from a job where there is no accountability. But it would seem like pride would eventually be a factor.

Speaking of the stealers game, how many consecutive losses to a division rival would most owners put up with?

19 minutes ago, Hooky said:

To clarify, I meant him leaving involuntarily won't happen. As I responded to Tdub, there isn't much reason for him to leave voluntarily from a job where there is no accountability. But it would seem like pride would eventually be a factor.

Speaking of the stealers game, how many consecutive losses to a division rival would most owners put up with?

Not criticizing your post at all. But if after all of the embarrassment throughout his tenure hasnt caused pride to be a factor yet, I dont know if it ever will

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

AJ Green and a serviceable TE are typically part of the formula. Of course we could run Mixon more but why start now.   If we were healthier I could see us winning but the Raven’s D is legit. 

50 minutes ago, SF2 said:

AJ Green and a serviceable TE are typically part of the formula. Of course we could run Mixon more but why start now.   If we were healthier I could see us winning but the Raven’s D is legit. 

I would hope our own defense responds to their coach being shitcanned but I have serious doubts about whether they're going to rally behind Marvin at this point.  When's the last time he's inspired anyone?

On 11/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, High School Harry said:

So, basically, Huey is going to be assuming the responsibilities of the head coach

as Marvin becomes the defensive coordinator.

All on the hush hush, of course.

And it will make the transition to Hue as the new head coach when Marvin

leaves at the end of the year smoother.

You darn well knew Hue was going to be the HC sooner or later.

He will have 16 years to prove himself worthy.

How well does he clap?😓

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Ironic how the Bengals are so ... frugal ... when it comes to signing quality players yet throw money at this dingleberry to be groomed as Marvin's successor.

I doubt they are paying him much at all, the Browns are doing the heavy lifting on his salary. Actually, just the way MB likes it.

Probably in the minority here, but I'm not against having Hue back.  I definitely don't want him as our next head coach, but he's actually had success as a coordinator.  More success than Lazor if we're being honest.  I also think he's being brought back because we have two games against the Browns.  I don't know if he has inside information that can help but I don't see how it can hurt.  Both sides of the ball are getting a kick in the ass and we'll have to see how they respond.

I remember back in the day, before Hue left, everyone desperately wanted him to replace Marvin Lewis. Now, he comes back as an assistant and everyone thinks he's garbage? Because he was the 15th coach to fail for the terrible Browns? I like the move. I think it is a very strategic, bold move that may have altered the outcome of this season. Two of the four head coaches from the AFC North over the last three years, now get to work together to beat the Ravens and Stealers.

2 hours ago, BengalsOwn said:

I remember back in the day, before Hue left, everyone desperately wanted him to replace Marvin Lewis. Now, he comes back as an assistant and everyone thinks he's garbage? Because he was the 15th coach to fail for the terrible Browns? I like the move. I think it is a very strategic, bold move that may have altered the outcome of this season. Two of the four head coaches from the AFC North over the last three years, now get to work together to beat the Ravens and Stealers.

I agree completely. FFS, Hue Jackson was the head coach of two miserable franchises after having had success as an offensive coordinator here. I'll go one step further and say if forced to choose between the two as HC, I'd go with Hue over Marvin any day. Twice on Sundays even.

8 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I agree completely. FFS, Hue Jackson was the head coach of two miserable franchises after having had success as an offensive coordinator here. I'll go one step further and say if forced to choose between the two as HC, I'd go with Hue over Marvin any day. Twice on Sundays even.

And Hue doesn't have to deal with Dogg the Bounty Hunter here.

BTW, don't expect any serious, pertinent responses from me any more, if you ever did. The NFL is a joke and I'm following suit.

9 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Serious and pertinent...run that through an EA Sports model, and see how it translates. :lol:

If you hold the circle and triangle on PS4, you can make Marvin clap uncontrollably. Though I think he is programmed to already on any negative play.

Archived