Hue is Back

31 minutes ago, saphead said:

I think we some how find a way to beat the rats like we always do to make us the worst 6-4 team in the history of organized sports. 

Hey now, let's not start in with that "quality win" crap.   Our potential 6-4 is just as good as anyone else's. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

If you hold the circle and triangle on PS4, you can make Marvin clap uncontrollably. Though I think he is programmed to already on any negative play.

LOL, this is great. I would love for that to be true.

1 hour ago, saphead said:

I think we some how find a way to beat the rats like we always do to make us the worst 6-4 team in the history of organized sports. 

That'd be funny. The 6-4 Bengals checking in on the power rankings Monday morning at #23, just below the 3-6 Packers.

29 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

LOL, this is great. I would love for that to be true.

That'd be funny. The 6-4 Bengals checking in on the power rankings Monday morning at #23, just below the 3-6 Packers.

And the eagles. I think they're still in the top 10 with a losing record.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, SouthPaw said:

I believe this will be the case.  

Ravens- Loss

Browns- Win

Broncos- Win

Chargers- Loss

Raiders- Win

8-6 heading into those games.  

I actually think we beat the Ravens, we've always had their number, and maybe split with the Browns as Mayfield is starting to come on.

15 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Probably in the minority here, but I'm not against having Hue back.  I definitely don't want him as our next head coach, but he's actually had success as a coordinator.  More success than Lazor if we're being honest.  I also think he's being brought back because we have two games against the Browns.  I don't know if he has inside information that can help but I don't see how it can hurt.  Both sides of the ball are getting a kick in the ass and we'll have to see how they respond.

How can adding a veteran coach hurt a team that's spiraling into the abyss? The Bengals are starving for help, so let Hue Jackson come in and help.

17 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

How can adding a veteran coach hurt a team that's spiraling into the abyss? The Bengals are starving for help, so let Hue Jackson come in and help.

It's hard to be against it when nobody is sure what he's going to be doing. Or do we know what he'll be doing? I don't see how he would hurt anything as a consultant.

50 minutes ago, schotzee said:

I think most of the angst comes from the writing becoming more clearly on the wall that Hue is next hc.

That's entirely possible, but right now I'm just trying to squeeze something out of this season...things were looking pretty good after the Miami win and sitting at 4-1, then I guess reality stepped in, because this team looks like total shit right now. Maybe Marvin can get the defense fixed and save the season, who knows....we're going to find out a whole lot this Sunday at Baltimore.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:24 AM, Bunghole said:

I agree completely. FFS, Hue Jackson was the head coach of two miserable franchises after having had success as an offensive coordinator here. I'll go one step further and say if forced to choose between the two as HC, I'd go with Hue over Marvin any day. Twice on Sundays even.

So Hue is going for three miserable franchises?

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Confidence & swagger without results is just arrogance.   No one wants to follow a leader they know is full of shit.

Yeah, hopefully positive results on the field start coming for him and us! I think deep down we all know he's our next head coach.

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, hopefully positive results on the field start coming for him and us! I think deep down we all know he's our next head coach.

That's what I'm afraid of..  Guy was 3-36, and sure Cleveland sucks but that's historically bad. Even the shittiest of teams stumble into a win or two over the course of a season.  We're talking about replacing a HC with a comical postseason record with one that owns a comically bad regular season record.  How is that supposed to excite fans or the players he's responsible for leading?  Why would anyone want to play for a franchise with that low of standards?  

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's what I'm afraid of..  Guy was 3-36, and sure Cleveland sucks but that's historically bad. Even the shittiest of teams stumble into a win or two over the course of a season.  We're talking about replacing a HC with a comical postseason record with one that owns a comically bad regular season record.  How is that supposed to excite fans or the players he's responsible for leading?  Why would anyone want to play for a franchise with that low of standards?  

And even the worse of teams are able to build themselves up through the draft whereas the Browns have been even worse than us.  How much control did Hue have over the draft?

As far as tomorrow's game, are we going to have tag team coaching?  Defense on the Field, Hard Boiled Hue serves as head coach.  Offense comes on, Hard Boiled tags out and turns over the head set and Papa John's carry out menu to Magnificent Marvin who throws a folding metal chair onto the field that Bobby Hart uses to cold cock a blitzing linebacker and the refs call pass interference on Third and Dre Kirkpatrick.  Magnificent Marv claps his hands, throws the red flag and calls a time out for no conceivable reason.  And the crowd goes wild.  In the post game press conference, the Magnificent One tells Mean Gene that he saw some good things out there this afternoon and continues to see improvement every week.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And even the worse of teams are able to build themselves up through the draft whereas the Browns have been even worse than us.  How much control did Hue have over the draft?

As far as tomorrow's game, are we going to have tag team coaching?  Defense on the Field, Hard Boiled Hue serves as head coach.  Offense comes on, Hard Boiled tags out and turns over the head set and Papa John's carry out menu to Magnificent Marvin who throws a folding metal chair onto the field that Bobby Hart uses to cold cock a blitzing linebacker and the refs call pass interference on Third and Dre Kirkpatrick.  Magnificent Marv claps his hands, throws the red flag and calls a time out for no conceivable reason.  And the crowd goes wild.  In the post game press conference, the Magnificent One tells Mean Gene that he saw some good things out there this afternoon and continues to see improvement every week.

My take-away from all this being that what you've described sounds far more entertaining than the current NFL game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 9:59 PM, BengalsOwn said:

I remember back in the day, before Hue left, everyone desperately wanted him to replace Marvin Lewis. Now, he comes back as an assistant and everyone thinks he's garbage? Because he was the 15th coach to fail for the terrible Browns? I like the move. I think it is a very strategic, bold move that may have altered the outcome of this season. Two of the four head coaches from the AFC North over the last three years, now get to work together to beat the Ravens and Stealers.

This is another reason why I rarely post here nowadays. It can be quite embarrassing at times. 😁

Archived