Coaching Carousel 2019

Well, this is something. 

By Jason Marcum@marcum89  Updated Nov 12, 2018, 11:02pm EST

marcus_lewis.0.jpgBengals.com

It’s been a rollercoaster season for the Bengals, but it’s one Marcus Lewis has not been part of.

The son of the head coach Marvin Lewis apparently stepped down before the season began, according to Bengals radio man Dave Lapham (via The Lance McAlister Show): 

Marcus Lewis was originally hired back in 2014 as a defensive assistant. He has been on the staff ever since, and he was set to be an assistant linebackers coach in 2018. Apparently, something happened along the way that led to him stepping down. 

Maybe he didn’t want to work for his dad or work around his dad.

Lewis worked in 2013 as an assistant to the University of Cincinnati coaching staff. He had duties with the defensive line and scout teams, and he also worked in the team’s self-scouting, film breakdown and practice organization. He was expected to work in similar capacities with the Bengals.

Lewis played high school football in Greater Cincinnati, at Indian Hill, and went on to play LB for four seasons (2008-11) at Indiana State, seeing action in 33 career games.

What’s most interesting is that none of the local media noticed that the younger Lewis hasn’t been on the coaching staff in weeks.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I guess the Bengals didn't notice either.  His picture is still on the website.

And Hue Jackson has been added.

Actually I like Hue as an assistant just not as a head coach. If things melt down for Marvin & Co I don't see Mike Brown hiring Hue. That won't fly and attendance is horrible as it is. If things turn around and this team wins a playoff game either this yr or next yr then we could see Hue. If not then I doubt Hue takes over. Regardless, let's not worry about that now. Let's worry about Baltimore. There's still something to play for this yr

Archived