Coaching Staff Changes

19 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I don't think so.

This is his first year as an OC.

Stepping into a HC position from being OC for only year could be a little too much for him.

I ment if he were offered it. I certainly see your point that he may be passed over due to lack of experience. 

2-3 months before any of this matters

:37:

2-3 years before this team matters, if we're lucky

Having a real hard time seeing any light at the end of this tunnel, sorry folks.  I know, Team Eeyore & all but I can't even be bothered to be that upset about it anymore. 

Can all go back to discussing coaches that wouldn't come here for Gruden money now

hqdefault.jpg

40 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Having a real hard time seeing any light at the end of this tunnel, sorry folks.  I know, Team Eeyore & all but I can't even be bothered to be that upset about it anymore. 

Can all go back to discussing coaches that wouldn't come here for Gruden money now

hqdefault.jpg

I told you team Weed was better long term. 

53 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

hqdefault.jpg

I am losing a lot of interest. I'm down to one sport and this one is becoming an unbearable joke. College too. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

hqdefault.jpg

This is a talented team with Gaping holes that we have been talking about for years. OL and LB. (And now TE) They are not far away. A new coach and a more aggressive offseason and this team is a contender. 

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

This is a talented team with Gaping holes that we have been talking about for years. OL and LB. (And now TE) They are not far away. A new coach and a more aggressive offseason and this team is a contender. 

That's the thing, they've let it go to the point where now most of that talent you speak is pushing 30 & their window is being nailed shut by a FO that see the team as their inheritance, before anything else.

How many young impact players do you see on the roster? I'd count Erickson & Boyd, Hubbard looks good.. Mixon of course.  Lawson before he went to IR.

Not saying they couldn't turn it around in a year or two, but more likely that they won't.   Not with Marv/Mini-Marv at the helm & the way things are being run overall.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That's the thing, they've let it go to the point where now most of that talent you speak is pushing 30 & their window is being nailed shut by a FO that see the team as their inheritance, before anything else.

How many young impact players do you see on the roster? I'd count Erickson & Boyd, Hubbard looks good.. Mixon of course.  Lawson before he went to IR.

Not saying they couldn't turn it around in a year or two, but more likely that they won't.   Not with Marv/Mini-Marv at the helm & the way things are being run overall.

Keep in mind our best offensive player is over 30 and will be an UFA after next season.   Boyd is good. Mixon is the 3rd best running back in our division.    No threat at TE.   I am with you, team is getting old and the new pieces are pretty average. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I don't think we are really that old. Need a RT, TE, LB, DT and depth at OL and WR and a defensive shift at S and DT and we are good. LB is the hardest of those positions to fill. 

QB Dalton 21 Driskel 20  
RB Mixon 21 Bernard 20 Walton 22
WR Green 20 NEED Tate 22
WR Ross 22 Core 20 Malone 20
WR Boyd 20 Erickson 19  
TE NEED NEED Schrek 21
LT Glenn 21    
LG Boling 20 Westerman 20  
C Price 23 NEED  
RG Hopkins 19 Redmond 19  
RT NEED    

K Bullock 19    
P Huber 21    
LS      

LE Dunlap 22 Willis 21  
LT Atkins 23 Glasgow 21  
RT NEED Billings 20 Tupou 20
RE Lawson 21 Hubbard 22  
SLB Vigil 20    
MLB NEED Jefferson 22 Nickerson 19
WLB Burfict 21 Evans 21  
NLB Williams 21    
S NEED Fejedelem 20  
S Bates 22 Wilson 19  
CB Jackson 21 Harris 22  
CB Kirkpatrick 22 Phillips 22  
CB NEED    

6 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I don't think we are really that old. Need a RT, TE, LB, DT and depth at OL and WR and a defensive shift at S and DT and we are good. LB is the hardest of those positions to fill. 

QB Dalton 21 Driskel 20  
RB Mixon 21 Bernard 20 Walton 22
WR Green 20 NEED Tate 22
WR Ross 22 Core 20 Malone 20
WR Boyd 20 Erickson 19  
TE NEED NEED Schrek 21
LT Glenn 21    
LG Boling 20 Westerman 20  
C Price 23 NEED  
RG Hopkins 19 Redmond 19  
RT NEED    

K Bullock 19    
P Huber 21    
LS      

LE Dunlap 22 Willis 21  
LT Atkins 23 Glasgow 21  
RT NEED Billings 20 Tupou 20
RE Lawson 21 Hubbard 22  
SLB Vigil 20    
MLB NEED Jefferson 22 Nickerson 19
WLB Burfict 21 Evans 21  
NLB Williams 21    
S NEED Fejedelem 20  
S Bates 22 Wilson 19  
CB Jackson 21 Harris 22  
CB Kirkpatrick 22 Phillips 22  
CB NEED    

That is a group of very average players at best. Green and Atkins both over 30. Nobody else on the team scares anyone. I like Jackson and Bates. Glenn has been good. 

41 minutes ago, SF2 said:

That is a group of very average players at best. Green and Atkins both over 30. Nobody else on the team scares anyone. I like Jackson and Bates. Glenn has been good. 

Jackson-Bates-Dunlap-Atkins-Burfict coud all be pro bowlers. 5 out of your 11 defensive players that good and Lawson/Hubbard and Glasgow are all solid. Williams would be better as a nickel LB imo. Fedjelan has some skill too. 

We have a gaping hole at 1 LB spot. Could be that Vigil fills that, if he ever plays again or we get someone from the draft. 

On offense we have the makings of a solid RB and WR crew. We need some depth at WR but there is almost always a veteran who didn't get a spot when the music stopped who we could sign for depth.

This team could be great. It needs better schemes and leadership. 

8 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Jackson-Bates-Dunlap-Atkins-Burfict coud all be pro bowlers. 5 out of your 11 defensive players that good and Lawson/Hubbard and Glasgow are all solid. Williams would be better as a nickel LB imo. Fedjelan has some skill too. 

We have a gaping hole at 1 LB spot. Could be that Vigil fills that, if he ever plays again or we get someone from the draft. 

On offense we have the makings of a solid RB and WR crew. We need some depth at WR but there is almost always a veteran who didn't get a spot when the music stopped who we could sign for depth.

This team could be great. It needs better schemes and leadership. 

Age is catching up with Atkins and Dunlap. Both have been AWOL the last few weeks. 

Burfict is playing at Rey Maualuga level at best right now. Jackson and Bates are good players. We haven’t pressured the QB in weeks with a healthy Dline. Kirkpatrick is barely serviceable.  This group just gave up 400 yard to a QB starting his first game that can’t throw. 

We have 2 good WRs,  that is it. Mixon is the 3rd best back in the division behind Connor and Chubb. TEs are substandard. Dalton is very average. 

18 minutes ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, he's between good and great kind of like Marty Schottenheimer was.

I wish Marvin sucked as bad as Reid. Playing in 5 AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in 14 years would have been nice.  The 10 playoff wins, many at home would have been cool. 

Archived