Coaching Staff Changes

This might be realistic and interesting. 

HC Eric Bieniemy

OC Darrell Bevell-Minnie OC ex
QB Alex Van Pelt
RB Deland McCullough-Chiefs
WR Karl Dorrell-Jets ex UCLA
TE Jimmie Johnson-Jets ex Vikings
OL Frank Pollack

ST Darrin Simmons

DC Vance Joseph
DL Jacob Burney
LB Fred Pagac-Broncos ex Vikings
DB Joe Woods-Broncos ex Vikings

5 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

i meant realistic as a team they could put together. 

In that case why not Belichick? We offer him 2x his current salary & a small barony in Estonia... Mary fuckin' Poppins can be DC & we move the team to Moonbase Alpha.

I feel better already!

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

In that case why not Belichick? We offer him 2x his current salary & a small barony in Estonia... Mary fuckin' Poppins can be DC & we move the team to Moonbase Alpha.

I feel better already!

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-3448

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Stadium was empty this week. Team is an embarrassment. 

And they just announced that Marvin's 2019 year is an option year. You don't put in option years to potentially not use them. 

Mike Brown doesn't get embarrassed. It's been empty before in Marvin's tenure. The only way that he's not coach next year is if he goes through with the alleged Hue plan.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That option was put there for Marvin, not Mike. 

Unfortunately, this is beginning to feel like a “How can you expect to win with so many injuries?” type of year. It would be very easy for Marvin to justify one more year to himself based on that fact alone. 

Basically, you have lost 4 of your top 6 skill position players to include the top 2.  That doesn’t include your LT situation and decimated linebacker position. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Unfortunately, this is beginning to feel like a “How can you expect to win with so many injuries?” type of year. It would be very easy for Marvin to justify one more year to himself based on that fact alone. 

Basically, you have lost 4 of your top 6 skill position players to include the top 2.  That doesn’t include your LT situation and decimated linebacker position. 

:( You are probably right on it. 

The big off-season moves will probably be firing Lazor and moving hue to OC again.  So we can again see Dalton lined up out wide and Gio or whoever the F taking snaps.  Lots of illegal formations, pre snap penalties, and all kind of focking circus chit.  

Yeah I know some other teams are doing it but I don't agree. You see Luck get lit the F up on his reception?  Now how dumb would these teams look if Brees, Luck or Brady tore a ACL or broke some chit trying to run a route and play receiver.  Once that happens I bet all that garbage ends.  U want to run Shawn Hill or whoever at QB for a play that is fine but take ur #1 out the game. Don't send him out wide to get murdered on a screen pass from a guy who can barely throw a screen pass.   To me it looks like some sorta sick attempt at a satanic sacrifice of a QB. Probably why Bill keeps running it with Brady. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

The injuries excuse is legit. We started 4-1, then injuries took over. But that will overshadow what would've happened if they were healthy. Best case, they would've vied for a playoff shot, but continue to lose big games under Marvin and either miss the playoffs or one and done. Which would get most coaches fired, but it's good enough for Mikey. So with all of the injuries, Mikey will assume that they would've been competitive without injuries.

As far as the injuries, there are a ton of injuries through out the league, som times to high profile players, see Eagles last year. The pre-season is now very telling where the 1s looked good and the rest looked god awful. Pre-season or not, that should've been a red flag for our depth or lack there of. Could be talent or development problem. That is why the entire org needs to be gutted. I know, I typed all of that just to state the obvious.

11 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The injuries excuse is legit. We started 4-1, then injuries took over. But that will overshadow what would've happened if they were healthy. Best case, they would've vied for a playoff shot, but continue to lose big games under Marvin and either miss the playoffs or one and done. Which would get most coaches fired, but it's good enough for Mikey. So with all of the injuries, Mikey will assume that they would've been competitive without injuries.

As far as the injuries, there are a ton of injuries through out the league, som times to high profile players, see Eagles last year. The pre-season is now very telling where the 1s looked good and the rest looked god awful. Pre-season or not, that should've been a red flag for our depth or lack there of. Could be talent or development problem. That is why the entire org needs to be gutted. I know, I typed all of that just to state the obvious.

The offensive line strategy the last 4 years alone was incompetency at its finest.  I have a hard time believing Paul Alexander was making those personnel / draft decisions alone. 

17 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The offensive line strategy the last 4 years alone was incompetency at its finest.  I have a hard time believing Paul Alexander was making those personnel / draft decisions alone. 

True, but like some, I would argue that the LB development is as bad or worse.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

To kind of elaborate on this further....I was listening to The Orange and Black Podcast prior to this week's game and they brought up injuries....

The Bengals had 12 on IR coming into this week, with AJ now added making it 13.  

There are 4 teams with more than 12 on IR:  Oakland, Indy, Jacksonville, and Washington.

The average amount of IR players per team is 8.9

Teams w/ 9 or more on IR have a winning percentage of 49.8%

Teams w/ 8 or less on IR have a winning percentage of 50.3%

The following teams have at least 9 players on IR:  Washington, Indy, Kansas City, New Orleans, New England, Pittsburgh, and Carolina (they all have atleast 10).  Seattle and Los Angeles Rams have 8 and 9 respectively.  

Cincinnati is pretty unhealthy, but teams like Kansas City, New Orleans, New England, and Pittsburgh are right behind them in terms of players on IR, but they continue to win (i know Pitts has just lost two in a row).  

This team seems to deal with injuries every year.  They dont have the depth at critical positions to overcome certain injuries (not counting Andy even though they were shitting the bed with him in the lineup).  

*Every team deals with injuries.  Other teams seem to win when they lose major talent and continue to be in the playoff hunt with those injuries.  

On 12/4/2018 at 7:08 AM, SF2 said:

The whole personnel side of the team is responsible for the OL debacle. 

Keep in mind, that Mikey kept the fat useless idiot Lippincott in place for like 20 years so doing the same for others like PA is no big chore. 

Archived