Coaching Staff Changes

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Hypothetical Question:

If Merv moves upsatirs or out the door and both Jay Gruden and Zimmer are let go, which of those two would you hire as HC?

Zimmer but Gruden would be ok.  Not Zimmer's  fault the braintrust there signed Kirk Cousins.  Don't forget, Jay Gruden was more than happy NOT to sign him. 

Skins would have been decent this year until Smith broke his leg in pieces.  Probably would have limped in with McCoy.  Sanchez fucking sucks.

56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Zimmer but Gruden would be ok.  Not Zimmer's  fault the braintrust there signed Kirk Cousins.  Don't forget, Jay Gruden was more than happy NOT to sign him. 

Skins would have been decent this year until Smith broke his leg in pieces.  Probably would have limped in with McCoy.  Sanchez fucking sucks.

Oh, so bad moves are made in St.MichaelLand, and it's all on the FO (or..wait for it..GM)? So St. Mike just stands in the corner and whistles? 

And gosh...teams' seasons can go to shit due to injuries? But not here of course. 

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

If Marvin moves upstairs will it matter?

If Katie and Troy still control the checkbook does it matter?

If you think there's even a remote chance that Katie gives up her "master of the salary cap" name tag, you're a fan of a franchise that actually cares about winning. Marvin was here 8 years before he could choose the gameday roster - and that was only after a holdout.

If Marvin moves "upstairs" he will just be a neutered dog. New drummer, same old song.

15 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Marvin was here 8 years before he could choose the gameday roster - and that was only after a holdout.

Source?  Big if true.  No wonder he looks like a zombie, reduced to clapping & giggling.  Let the poor man go enjoy that valley sunshine..  Works wonders for me - munching on an In n Out Burger in 65 degree sunshine the other day like "What's a Bengal?"

45 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Oh, so bad moves are made in St.MichaelLand, and it's all on the FO (or..wait for it..GM)? So St. Mike just stands in the corner and whistles? 

And gosh...teams' seasons can go to shit due to injuries? But not here of course. 

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.

No, he doesn't make personnel decisions in Minnesota, that is Rick Spielman's job.  That is what GMs do on other teams.   That is why they (GMs) are paid millions. They are in charge of personnel.  Zimmer hasn't enough capital to make those calls.  Seriously, that is how it actually works on most teams.   And the Vikings are not shit, they have the #17 ranked offense and #5 defense.  They were in the NFC Championship last year and are still alive.

The Redskins have lost 20 players this season to include their #1 and #2 QB yet they still have a better record than Marvin.

Marvin has been given 16 years to get something done.  He has failed.  Defend him all you want.  He is .500 coach.  yay.

59 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Source?  Big if true.  No wonder he looks like a zombie, reduced to clapping & giggling.  Let the poor man go enjoy that valley sunshine..  Works wonders for me - munching on an In n Out Burger in 65 degree sunshine the other day like "What's a Bengal?"

I looked... But articles from 2011 aren't popping up.

Basically this was a part of the 2011 "holdout" - Marvin asking for more control. And if you find it hard to believe, just see the Chris Henry situation.

26 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I looked... But articles from 2011 aren't popping up.

Basically this was a part of the 2011 "holdout" - Marvin asking for more control. And if you find it hard to believe, just see the Chris Henry situation.

Think someone like Zimmer or McCarthy would agree to that?  

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Think someone like Zimmer or McCarthy would agree to that?  

I'm not sure...

TBH - GM's make a lot of decisions about the players you have. Both of these guys came up as coordinators where there was going to be a lot of compromise... And Zimmer already worked here once.

Did McCarthy have the ability to bench Rodgers? Zimmer and Bridgewater? IMHO, owners/GM's always have their hands in the pot. When Dan Snyder is all excited to sign Alex Smith, do you have the ability to say "He's not going to dress. His backup is better." 

That said, not many coaches have to tolerate that from the owner who can't be fired. With the notable exception of the pre-salary cap Cowboys, the teams that do this are generally not very successful.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, he doesn't make personnel decisions in Minnesota, that is Rick Spielman's job.  That is what GMs do on other teams.   That is why they (GMs) are paid millions. They are in charge of personnel.  Zimmer hasn't enough capital to make those calls.  Seriously, that is how it actually works on most teams.   And the Vikings are not shit, they have the #17 ranked offense and #5 defense.  They were in the NFC Championship last year and are still alive.

The Redskins have lost 20 players this season to include their #1 and #2 QB yet they still have a better record than Marvin.

Marvin has been given 16 years to get something done.  He has failed.  Defend him all you want.  He is .500 coach.  yay.

I am not defending anyone. It just appears you blame everything on an HC here, but give multiple passes to HC's somewhere else. Well, that and simultaneously lifting up (any) GM as "good", while crapping on certain ones--see Spielman and Reggie McKenzie. 

The goal posts are going to win the two-cone drill in world record time.    

17 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I am not defending anyone. It just appears you blame everything on an HC here, but give multiple passes to HC's somewhere else. Well, that and simultaneously lifting up (any) GM as "good", while crapping on certain ones--see Spielman and Reggie McKenzie. 

The goal posts are going to win the two-cone drill in world record time.    

Mike Brown and his family are the worst fucking owners in football.  I spent 7 years posting on Mikebrownsucks.com before I ever posted here.  Even donated to have a banner flown over the stadium.  Finally gave up shitting on his family because I knew nothing would ever change until he dies. They fill the front office with cheap bodies that they like and let them stay for 20 years. The Browns circa 2018 are silver spoon parasites.   I came here because you guys actually talk about football not just the owner.

Marvin is a terrible in game coach. Can’t win the big games, can’t manage a clock, afraid to try and score before the half, doesn’t even have a 4th and 1 play that works.  0-7 in the playoffs.  Epic. 

EDIT: And as Harry brilliantly pointed out we can NOT covert a 2 pt conversion.  Actually, we almost never try them.  Since Dalton has been the QB the team has attempted 6 2pt conversions making 3.  

15 hours ago, SF2 said:

doesn’t even have a 4th and 1 play that works.  

*** I could add and what I find maddening is that he does not have a two point conversion play that works.  His 4th and 1 play at the goal line seems to be to have Buh Bye Bobby Hart jump off sides to give Randy a better shot at a field goal.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

*** I could add and what I find maddening is that he does not have a two point conversion play that works.  His 4th and 1 play at the goal line seems to be to have Buh Bye Bobby Hart jump off sides to give Randy a better shot at a field goal.

Haven't converted one since October of 2015.

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

Well, we didn’t attempt any in 2016 or 17 which is hard to believe. 

When you don’t have any 2-pt conversion plays that work, you shouldn’t try it.

See how smart Marvin is?   That is until this past Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, Cricket said:

When you don’t have any 2-pt conversion plays that work, you shouldn’t try it.

See how smart Marvin is?   That is until this past Sunday.  

I admit your logic is flawless.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

He played for us.

There is that too.  Probably a deal breaker!

On 11/19/2018 at 12:25 PM, schotzee said:

Bieneimy held some kind of job with the team before. Can't remember the role. Some kind of counselor or something. Another ship that has probably sailed.

Are you thinking of Eric Ball?

He had some sort of community/player liaison job 

helping the fresh meat finally apartments, drug dealers,

call girls and stuff like that.

Brian Simmons has some sort of office job with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

fwiw

Archived