Coaching Staff Changes

30 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I would rather have Jay Gruden back.  He was pretty good O coordinator, left Hue Jackson in good shape.  Going to the land of Daniel Snyder was never going to go well.  Zimmer isn't going anywhere.

yep.. about like going to Cinci

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Lamar Jackson right there and the bengals probably didn’t even consider it.

I'll eat a big shitburger if I'm wrong - but I think that while he is good now, this is going to end up more like RG3 than it will Steve Young.

9 minutes ago, Cat said:

I'll eat a big shitburger if I'm wrong - but I think that while he is good now, this is going to end up more like RG3 than it will Steve Young.

I'm not so sure. 2-3 years ago I would've agreed with you but like I've mentioned before, the hands-off rules & other changes are making the option QB much more viable. It would not surprise me to see things tilt even more in that direction because fans love scrambling QB's & Goodell is all about changing rules to appeal to casual fans.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I agree.

Minus the shitburger.

Akili Smith 2.0

He already has more wins than Akili did for his entire career.  I think he will be closer to Jeff Blake than Akili who was epically horrid. 

21 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The point of the Lamar pick was the Ravens were not satisfied with their average QB so they drafted someone who has the potential to be better - time will tell but the point is they are trying to win not just be average

Flacco was a SB MVP, the only reason they are dumping him is the huge escalating contract.  

Jackson has more rushing attempts than completions and 2x as many fumbles/INTS as TD passes.  He's a running QB taking advantage of a broken game.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Flacco was a SB MVP, the only reason they are dumping him is the huge escalating contract.  

Jackson has more rushing attempts than completions and 2x as many fumbles/INTS as TD passes.  He's a running QB taking advantage of a broken game.

Nick Foles was a Super Bowl MVP too.  The only problem is they are not very good during the regular season. 

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

And Foles is also a better QB than Jackson, what was your point?

My point was Flacco was never worth that contract. Has never been that good.  Remember it took a 70 yard td with 31 seconds left against Denver just to get to OT in the Divisional game the year they won the SB.  

Guy it is an 84 rated QB lifetime. Very meh. 

Not it sure you can declare Foles better than Jackson after 6 or 7 games. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

My point was Flacco was never worth that contract. Has never been that good.  Remember it took a 70 yard td with 31 seconds left against Denver just to get to OT in the Divisional game the year they won the SB.  

Guy it is an 84 rated QB lifetime. Very meh. 

Not it sure you can declare Foles better than Jackson after 6 or 7 games. 

Again, 2 facts. This isn't about Flacco* or Foles having the SB rings we wish Andy had, is it?

• Jackson has more rushing attempts than pass completions

• Jackson has twice as many turnovers as passing TD's

My point remains: he is a RB lined up under center, taking advantage of the NFL's desire to keep 40-something superstar QB's on the field.  

*joe-bert-flacco.jpg

If you'd rather argue about Flacco though?

PFF is Fake News. Sad.

The Rats were the #4 seed.  They won 3 other playoff games on the way, 2 of them on the road including at Gillette.  He averaged a 125 QBR & 3 TD's a game.  His only turnover was off a sack-fumble.  

How much of the Brown Super Best Friends Society & Charitable Trust would you pay for that performance?

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Again, 2 facts. This isn't about Flacco* or Foles having the SB rings we wish Andy had, is it?

• Jackson has more rushing attempts than pass completions

• Jackson has twice as many turnovers as passing TD's

My point remains: he is a RB lined up under center, taking advantage of the NFL's desire to keep 40-something superstar QB's on the field.  

*joe-bert-flacco.jpg

If you'd rather argue about Flacco though?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00/gamelog/post/

The Rats were the #4 seed.  They won 3 other playoff games on the way, 2 of them on the road including at Gillette.  He averaged a 125 QBR & 3 TD's a game.  His only turnover was off a sack-fumble.  

How much of old Mikey's money would you pay for that performance?

And he hasn’t performed close to that since. Had a good year in 2014, that is about it. Certainly as a Bengals fan that would be great. 1 great year is something no fan under 30 has ever witnessed. Some organizations actually strive for excellence every year, the Bengals don’t.  Of course as long as Mike Brown runs the team, we don’t need toworry of such things like Super Bowls or even AFC Championship games. 

The Ravens may make the playoffs because of Lamar Jackson, not Joe Flacco. The Bengals won’t make the playoffs because our team sucks. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The Ravens may make the playoffs because of Lamar Jackson

If they do it's because of their OC Morhninweg. It's definitely fun to watch but they aren't in the playoffs yet. 

If they don't make it, it will probably because of Jackson's turnovers.

Yea, bring ole Mediocre Marv back!  Nothing but a freakin joke if MFB does.  This Chart says it all! While Zimmer is about to go back to back into the playoffs with already one playoff win to show for.  That will be 3 playoff appearances in his first 5 years. We Kept Clown Mediocre Marv instead of Zimmer. Pathetic! 

50DB1769-6907-45B5-9668-6C4B4F1C2D72.jpeg

51 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

After last year, no reporter will come out and say Merv will be gone so they are all just assuming the tree sloth will continue on as he has for 16 years

The guy on SNF said Marvin will be back next year because Mike Brown "doesn't like to pay people not to work". I have no idea if he's right but my stomach sank just hearing those words.

Archived