Coaching Staff Changes

50 minutes ago, gupps said:

The guy on SNF said Marvin will be back next year because Mike Brown "doesn't like to pay people not to work". I have no idea if he's right but my stomach sank just hearing those words.

But if next year is an option year and they cut him, they aren't responsible for a year of salary, are they?

Don't think so.

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

there's speculation abound...

Marv HC, Hue OC, Vance Joseph DC

done deal if Marv wants it.

To quote Kat Terrell: "If they're only considering Joseph for DC makes you think they already know who the HC is going to be."

Best case scenario, Marvin comes back. Worst Case scenario, Hue takes over.

26 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

To quote Kat Terrell: "If they're only considering Joseph for DC makes you think they already know who the HC is going to be."

If Marvin comes back I will have to sign off. 

55 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If Marvin comes back I will have to sign off. 

I can’t do it any longer if any of these Marvinite retreads become coach. Just not worth the time on Sundays. I’m supposed to get excited about Vance Joseph? Last time he achieved a modicum of success was as a position coach. Btw, he was working with 4 first round picks. 

Jets are going after Jim Harbaugh. 

My team is more than likely hoping their current coach will agree to stay. If not, they’d like one of his failed assistants. Not worth it any longer. 

14 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

I think whether Marvin is here or not is 100% his decision. Mike won't fire the guy.

Sounds like this is the case.

Per Adam Schefter: "Vance Joseph is expected to emerge as candidate for the Cincinnati Bengals' defensive coordinator and potentially even their head-coaching job when Marvin Lewis decides he has had enough of coaching, a league source told ESPN."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25599857/vance-joseph-expected-emerge-candidate-cincinnati-bengals-defensive-coordinator

25 minutes ago, CarsonCity said:

Per Adam Schefter: "Vance Joseph is expected to emerge as candidate for the Cincinnati Bengals' defensive coordinator and potentially even their head-coaching job when Marvin Lewis decides he has had enough of coaching, a league source told ESPN."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25599857/vance-joseph-expected-emerge-candidate-cincinnati-bengals-defensive-coordinator

I could live with Vance Joseph as the head coach.

However, he must bring Joe Woods as his DC.

5 hours ago, CarsonCity said:

From the same guy that reported that Marvin was definitely out after last season.

17 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Between Marvin and Hue would be a push.

Archived