Coaching Staff Changes

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I think it's clear that attendance numbers are either being subsidized through bulk (probably discounted) ticket sales (to who I wonder?), or are straight bullshit.

Season ticket holders who don't show up?

They count the paid for seat if there is an ass in it or not.

Just a guess.

But I have NEVER seen that many fans of other teams (not counting Pittsburgh and Cleveland)

show up for games in full team drag as this season.

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Read somewhere that Bengals attendance was around 75% over the season, and how that ties a low at PBS.  I wasn't at the gates making a tally, nor I have been to a game this year, but does 75% sound at all accurate to those who were?  It looks like maybe 60% at best on TV, even before the season went in the privy.

I think it's clear that attendance numbers are either being subsidized through bulk (probably discounted) ticket sales (to who I wonder?), or are straight bullshit.

The first few home games were full.  I imgine attendence was good until we got closer to .500.   Then it takes some pretty bad showings to get to 75%.  Its that Math shit.

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Better tell Mr. Blank too:

upload154501086366633_thumb.jpg

Believe me that discussion is occurring.  I have far more faith that Quinn will be out than Marvin.  Keep in mind, Quinn LOST a Super Bowl he already had won. The fans will never forgive him for it. 

I am just guessing here but I figured all the 100 level seats are season ticket holders and are usually sold out before the season or most of them anyway.  I have always wondered how many are true fan ticket holders and how how many are scalpers?  And are the empty seats from fans who no show or tickets the scalpers can't sell?

4 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I am just guessing here but I figured all the 100 level seats are season ticket holders and are usually sold out before the season or most of them anyway.  I have always wondered how many are true fan ticket holders and how how many are scalpers?  And are the empty seats from fans who no show or tickets the scalpers can't sell?

I can only speak for my surroundings in 104. There are probably 40% or so who are seen every home game--including the semi-famous "#1 Fan". Amish pointed this out to me this past Sunday (and after 18 seasons at PBS, it was the first time I noticed it) that 104 and 102 have a sizeable allotment for players' friends/family--including the enormous Clark Harris family contingent. Other than that, the place is populated by what I call "Got my brother-in-law's tickets" folks--easy to spot by the Pro Shop shopping bags in their tow. They come once, then are replaced by scalper pickups and Stubhubs--mostly other teams' fans, 

Never has had the same set of folks around at any time, any year, any record. Nothing like Riverfront, where even up in our 326 locale, the same people were there every week. 

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Read somewhere that Bengals attendance was around 75% over the season, and how that ties a low at PBS.  I wasn't at the gates making a tally, nor I have been to a game this year, but does 75% sound at all accurate to those who were?  It looks like maybe 60% at best on TV, even before the season went in the privy.

Wasn't picking on the Falcons so much...rather more to do illustrate that much less NFL people-in-seats is a league-wide thing. And it is regardless of record, team, opponent, etc. Been keeping watch on this blog that has been following it. Even sainted ground such as RooneyLand has been seeing growing swaths of piss-yellow seating, devoid of fat-assed hicks planted in them. 

St. Roger has a big problem--called a deteriorating product that isn't attracting the see-it-live throngs anymore. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

There were a few guys sitting in front of me in full LA-era gangsta Raider garb. I asked them why they were Raider fans. They almost answered at the same time: "We l-o-v-e Public Enemy!!" (and these fellows were maybe 25 at the most). 

The power of the cult of personality.    

Yes, if only people had more love for the Urban Cincy sounds of Mike Sells and SkyL1n3 with their inspired Oktoberfest based hip-hop.

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Hey, no judgement from this guy! I was a fan of PE in the day, and still am. I just found it curious that some 25-year olds based their NFL franchise fandom on a fashion/music persona as opposed to the actual franchise. 

Chuck D's still on top of things

17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Speaking of firing coaches, how about Jim Haslett, the linebacker coach.

He has done absolutely nothing with developing young linebackers 

Malick Jefferson waiting in the wings to be the next bust.

What is his role in drafting them?

Then it sounds like he’s in line for a promotion. 

39 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Speaking of firing coaches, how about Jim Haslett, the linebacker coach.

He has done absolutely nothing with developing young linebackers 

Malick Jefferson waiting in the wings to be the next bust.

What is his role in drafting them?

Well..  it's kinda like... remember this guy?

b4f2c385494c1ba677421e149998708a.jpg

9 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/coach-expected-denver-181735357.html

Vance Joseph on the way out in Denver.

Head coach?

Defensive coordinator?

Vance > Hue

May I ask why?

i see this opinion around the internet and I don’t get it. Neither one should be considered.

What has Vance Joseph accomplished beyond position coach?

Was he a successful defensive coordinator?

Was he a successful head coach?

I’ll say this about Hue: At least he took over a dumpster fire. He somehow made it worse, but it still was a train wreck before he got there.

Vance Joseph took over one of the best franchises in the NFL and hasn’t achieved any semblance of success. Now you’ll say that he hasn’t had any QBs and you’d be correct. But Vance Joseph’s first hire as a head coach was Mike McCoy to lead his offense. Is that good judgement? His second hire was Brock Olivo as ST coordinator. He turned out to be legitimately special ed and was fired after 1 year. Joseph did himself no favors in surrounding himself with people just as unqualified as he was.

We all want Marvin gone, yet somehow hiring ANY of his assistants is a good option? No thanks. 

What is Vance Joseph? Is he a defensive guru? Denver’s defense has been worse since Wade Phillips left. 

What woujd Vance Joseph bring to the Bengals. I can’t think of anything. 

2 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

May I ask why?

i see this opinion around the internet and I don’t get it. Neither one should be considered.

What has Vance Joseph accomplished beyond position coach?

Was he a successful defensive coordinator?

Was he a successful head coach?

I’ll say this about Hue: At least he took over a dumpster fire. He somehow made it worse, but it still was a train wreck before he got there.

Vance Joseph took over one of the best franchises in the NFL and hasn’t achieved any semblance of success. Now you’ll say that he hasn’t had any QBs and you’d be correct. But Vance Joseph’s first hire as a head coach was Mike McCoy to lead his offense. Is that good judgement? His second hire was Brock Olivo as ST coordinator. He turned out to be legitimately special ed and was fired after 1 year. Joseph did himself no favors in surrounding himself with people just as unqualified as he was.

We all want Marvin gone, yet somehow hiring ANY of his assistants is a good option? No thanks. 

What is Vance Joseph? Is he a defensive guru? Denver’s defense has been worse since Wade Phillips left. 

What woujd Vance Joseph bring to the Bengals. I can’t think of anything. 

I would rather have Jay Gruden back.  He was pretty good O coordinator, left Hue Jackson in good shape.  Going to the land of Daniel Snyder was never going to go well.  Zimmer isn't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

I would rather have Jay Gruden back.  He was pretty good O coordinator, left Hue Jackson in good shape.  Going to the land of Daniel Snyder was never going to go well.  Zimmer isn't going anywhere.

I want a college coach.

Give me Jeff Brohm or give me death.

And in rooting for this team, please give me death, 

Archived